OT: General OT Thread #43 - Fugu Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I never go to IMAX or 3D so it would be a waste for me.
AMC doesn't have real IMAX anyway... only the Minnesota Zoo does around here.

Besides, I already avoid AMC like the plague anyway... they are the McDonald's of the theater business.

"Want Popcorn? Here's an $8 bag... now go put butter on it your damn self!" So you end up with popcorn that has butter on top, but nowhere else.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So can anyone tell me where to sing up for the Space Force? Uh, I'm asking for a friend...

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
AMC doesn't have real IMAX anyway... only the Minnesota Zoo does around here.

Besides, I already avoid AMC like the plague anyway... they are the McDonald's of the theater business.

"Want Popcorn? Here's an $8 bag... now go put butter on it your damn self!" So you end up with popcorn that has butter on top, but nowhere else.
For how much theaters rely on concessions for revenue they sure do a poor job service wise.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
For how much theaters rely on concessions for revenue they sure do a poor job service wise.
That's why I like Emagine Lakeville - they actually do a pretty good job with concessions. Their popcorn sizes are decent, they make sure when you get buttered popcorn that there is butter throughout etc. Loyalty members can also get a refillable 130oz pale that is free to refill once/day for 6 months. The pale has a 1 time charge of $15.

So basically, you pay $15 dollars for 6 months of free popcorn!

So with Moviepass, combined with my loyalty membership with Emagine, I totally have no problem spending $4 on a bottle of water, and on occasion buying candy or something else as well.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Indiana State Trooper Praised for Pulling Over Slow Driver
I don't think I've ever seen this enforced before. I wish this would happen more often.
No doubt! I read that last week and was like... why the hell doesn't that happen more often! Such a safety hazard to have those self-righteous people feeling the need to force others to go exactly the speed limit in the left lane.

"I'm sick of others speeding here, so I'll ride at the speed limit in the left lane to slow them down!"

Free flowing traffic is much more safe at any speed than traffic that is bottled up at the speed limit.

Why do you think the autobahn had very few crashes over the years with no speed limits? Because the slower traffic kept right.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
My grandpa got pulled over for driving too slow once. He was FURIOUS. :laugh:
Yeah my mom and her siblings had to force my grandma to stop driving a few years ago. For a then 86yr old small church lady she sure knew some interesting words from what I hear.

No doubt! I read that last week and was like... why the hell doesn't that happen more often! Such a safety hazard to have those self-righteous people feeling the need to force others to go exactly the speed limit in the left lane.

"I'm sick of others speeding here, so I'll ride at the speed limit in the left lane to slow them down!"

Free flowing traffic is much more safe at any speed than traffic that is bottled up at the speed limit.

Why do you think the autobahn had very few crashes over the years with no speed limits? Because the slower traffic kept right.
I've always said I'm more afraid of someone driving on the freeway than a man with a gun. I can't tell you how many near accidents I get in every week because people forget how to drive.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
My post is there... wait, no it's not... yes it is, no it's not, it's not there but someone quoted it, no it's there and nobody else has replied since... wait... no....

These boards a high right now or something.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Having a cold when I have three weeks of paid vacation from work sucks. Also, going to London tomorrow, so having a cold sucks even more.

Yeah, there's something funky going on.
Admins are working on it. It will get better soon.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Biggest issue with this state I swear is people and on-ramps. No one speeds up to the speed of traffic, they wait until they get off the on ramp and have merged to finally speed up. Coming from the East Coast, I probably look like the biggest D-bag to these people because I damn near run them off the road. It is infuriating. Right ahead of people who still have no concept of what the zipper effect is.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Biggest issue with this state I swear is people and on-ramps. No one speeds up to the speed of traffic, they wait until they get off the on ramp and have merged to finally speed up. Coming from the East Coast, I probably look like the biggest D-bag to these people because I damn near run them off the road. It is infuriating. Right ahead of people who still have no concept of what the zipper effect is.

This. I internally swear at people all the time because no one understands this. You're slowing down traffic big time by hitting a highway at 50 mph. Speed up on the on ramp!!! It's not that difficult.

Reactions: BigT2002

Wabit

May 23, 2016

The gerbils that run some of the vehicles are going as fast as they can...

I know what the zipper effect is, "Something About Mary" taught me that. :skeptic:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
This. I internally swear at people all the time because no one understands this. You're slowing down traffic big time by hitting a highway at 50 mph. Speed up on the on ramp!!! It's not that difficult.

And it makes it even worse in this state because of how they designed the interchanges in some of these places. smh....

The gerbils that run some of the vehicles are going as fast as they can...

I know what the zipper effect is, "Something About Mary" taught me that. :skeptic:

Heck, I've seen a Prius get up to speed no problem on some of them. Meanwhile the idiot in the Lexus goes 45 until they hit 94 and THEN try to speed up to 60...frustrating lol.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN

It's literally one of the first things they taught me in driving school regarding freeways. Don't stop on the on ramp, and speed up to the flow of traffic. Simple. But most of the drivers around here learned to drive 40 years ago and so they've forgotten how.

And it makes it even worse in this state because of how they designed the interchanges in some of these places. smh....

You mean it's not a good idea to have every single on ramp in the cities merge into traffic? :sarcasm:

I swear the people who designed the freeways around here were on serious crack. It's no wonder Minnesota was ranked 2nd behind California for worst drivers last year.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
It's literally one of the first things they taught me in driving school regarding freeways. Don't stop on the on ramp, and speed up to the flow of traffic. Simple. But most of the drivers around here learned to drive 40 years ago and so they've forgotten how.

You mean it's not a good idea to have every single on ramp in the cities merge into traffic? :sarcasm:

I swear the people who designed the freeways around here were on serious crack. It's no wonder Minnesota was ranked 2nd behind California for worst drivers last year.

I've driven in some of the worst countries in the world. Legit. And this state makes me wanna punch a white board like Lebron lmao. Even Cali wasn't this bad. Miami got a pass too because of how many are not from the US there driving.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Crazy six months. Got a new job as an outside sales rep. Moved to Georgia for work training, back to MN to get married. Just recently moved to Bozeman, MT for the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad