OT: General OT Thread #41: Do We Have To Go With Skoula?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Does anyone here know of a decent webmail provider with a reasonably non-invasive privacy policy?

Also, anyone know of a good n-key rollover p/s2 keyboard that has a removable top that's machine washable?

Is this for personal use or a business setting?

May not be what you're looking for but both companies I have a hand in run AppRiver which hosts our exchange server where we run outlook on office 365.

Very happy with their customer service and the product. Affordable as well.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Guess I'm the only person not sending/receiving top secret documents from my personal email. I've got nothing to hide. :laugh:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I just noticed that this board went through like 20 OT threads in the span of one year in 2012.

What happened? :laugh:

The board was a lot busier then. I think the Parise/Suter signings brought in a whole new wave of posters around that time.

Also, I think we had a few posters that were posting in the OT thread constantly :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The board was a lot busier then. I think the Parise/Suter signings brought in a whole new wave of posters around that time.

Also, I think we had a few posters that were posting in the OT thread constantly :laugh:

Pretty sure a sizeable portion of my postcount can be attributed to that year where we were going through OT threads every few weeks.

Is this for personal use or a business setting?

May not be what you're looking for but both companies I have a hand in run AppRiver which hosts our exchange server where we run outlook on office 365.

Very happy with their customer service and the product. Affordable as well.

Bit of both to be honest.

I don't need a comprehensive server-grade solution (I'm just looking to make an account for myself), just a decent webmail provider that's not going to endlessly invade my privacy for the sake of selling me crap I don't want and have no intention on buying.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Just got a Wild Stadium Series jersey for like 30 bucks because the guys that work at Total Hockey are total idiots :laugh:

I like the throwback ones. The Wild ones were meh, but for $30 I'd probably buy Vanek one (to go with the signed puck).

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I'm sure he's talking about the north stars ones

Ohhhh.... yeah, that makes sense :doh:

Jacques the Mayor said:
What?? Where? How did you swindle them?

I dunno if it was a new guy or what, but I basically got him to add a bunch of discounts onto the jersey (which already had an orange tag on it) just by asking. I'm *sure* those deals aren't supposed to pile up, but all I did was ask, and he was like "Uh yeah, I'm pretty sure that'll work..." Also, word to the wise, I don't think they have any preset codes for discounts; it looked like he just subracted X% each time manually. So I got a jersey that was already marked down to $100 discounted by 40% and then 25% :D

EDIT: Thing is, I wasn't TRYING to swindle them. I just asked, assuming a negative response. Basically the equivalent of trying out all the coupon codes you can find before hitting "complete sale" :laugh:

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
Ohhhh.... yeah, that makes sense :doh:

I dunno if it was a new guy or what, but I basically got him to add a bunch of discounts onto the jersey (which already had an orange tag on it) just by asking. I'm *sure* those deals aren't supposed to pile up, but all I did was ask, and he was like "Uh yeah, I'm pretty sure that'll work..." Also, word to the wise, I don't think they have any preset codes for discounts; it looked like he just subracted X% each time manually. So I got a jersey that was already marked down to $100 discounted by 40% and then 25% :D

EDIT: Thing is, I wasn't TRYING to swindle them. I just asked, assuming a negative response. Basically the equivalent of trying out all the coupon codes you can find before hitting "complete sale" :laugh:

Nice I always love gettin a good deal

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Well. Had a power outage today. RIP PC. It was a good run.

Probably just the power supply, maybe motherboard depending on how the supply is built. Investing in those surge-protected extension cords is a great plan.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Probably just the power supply, maybe motherboard depending on how the supply is built. Investing in those surge-protected extension cords is a great plan.

Hopefully so. Thanks for the advice, I'll try some things.

Funnily enough, I do have an extension cord, and I recall it has some protection, too. But I had my PC hooked straight to the wall for some stupid reason. IIRC I ran out of slots and deemed that as a sensible option. Well, live and learn, I guess.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Hopefully so. Thanks for the advice, I'll try some things.

Funnily enough, I do have an extension cord, and I recall it has some protection, too. But I had my PC hooked straight to the wall for some stupid reason. IIRC I ran out of slots and deemed that as a sensible option. Well, live and learn, I guess.

Test out with another power supply. If it's still completely dead, MB is fried. If it does anything, report back what it does and I'll help you.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Bunch of NHLers at da beauty league playoffs tonight. A lot higher intensity too. John Scott was actually there... got a high five from him. :yo:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
Randomly found out I have a Gaborik rookie card signed by him. Kinda cool.

i have that card just not exclusive but same picture with his autograph. he was at har mar mall in 2000. it was in the paper (the event) and i went an hour early thinking there would be a long line. nobody was there except gaborik & his interpreter! i wish i'd have brought my camera.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
Bunch of NHLers at da beauty league playoffs tonight. A lot higher intensity too. John Scott was actually there... got a high five from him. :yo:

If I can finish my research paper early enough today I think I might go tonight. But the deadline for the paper is tonight so that takes a front seat. With tonight being the final game do you think there's a chance it will sell out?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
If I can finish my research paper early enough today I think I might go tonight. But the deadline for the paper is tonight so that takes a front seat. With tonight being the final game do you think there's a chance it will sell out?

Nah, you should be fine. It was pretty full for the first game last night, but there was a decent amount of space left if you pack it in a little bit. Always standing room too so I wouldn't worry about it.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'm actually finding myself really enjoying the Olympics so far. The swimming has been really fun to watch, and I enjoy watching volleyball.

Although once swimming ends and track starts up is usually when I tune out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad