OT: General OT Thread #39: Intel Popcorn Processor 39000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Hello Wild board,

I asked this on the Canes board and figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here as well.

OayakXJ.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might be able to find this shirt? I nabbed this one when the Canes and Wild were facing off in Helsinki back in 2010, and it's been one of my favorites since then. But over time, it's taken a beating and has a couple holes in it. So I'd like to order a new one (or something similar).

I figure between the two fanbases, someone must remember this shirt from that time. :laugh:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Hello Wild board,

I asked this on the Canes board and figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here as well.

OayakXJ.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might be able to find this shirt? I nabbed this one when the Canes and Wild were facing off in Helsinki back in 2010, and it's been one of my favorites since then. But over time, it's taken a beating and has a couple holes in it. So I'd like to order a new one (or something similar).

I figure between the two fanbases, someone must remember this shirt from that time. :laugh:

One of our resident Finns has to have this shirt.

Maybe they'll sell it to you. :laugh:

Also, what the hell, we only got like a third of the banner on the bottom there. This is an outrage!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
If I see one more Fan Duel or Draft Kings commercial, I think I'm gonna claw my eyes out.

But they'll match your deposit! And you only have to spend about 25x your initial deposit to get that full match! It's the best deal ever! :sarcasm:

But yes, they are extremely annoying.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Colbert is in the awkward stages of a new late night show, and there are parts that I like and parts that I don't, but I'm really, really happy with the guests he had last week and will have this week. I don't like all the guests, but I appreciate having them on a late show instead of the typical actors promoting their new movie.

Last Week: Jeb Bush, Elon Musk, Joe Biden, Stephen King.

Coming Up: Stephen Breyer, Tim Cook, Carol Burnett, Ban Ki-Moon, Bernie Sanders, 3 New York City Ballet people.

Not to mention the musical guests they've been doing, had Kendrick Lemar, and Troubled Waters. They've got Run the Jewels and TV on the Radio on Tuesday!

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Colbert is in the awkward stages of a new late night show, and there are parts that I like and parts that I don't, but I'm really, really happy with the guests he had last week and will have this week. I don't like all the guests, but I appreciate having them on a late show instead of the typical actors promoting their new movie.

Last Week: Jeb Bush, Elon Musk, Joe Biden, Stephen King.

Coming Up: Stephen Breyer, Tim Cook, Carol Burnett, Ban Ki-Moon, Bernie Sanders, 3 New York City Ballet people.

Not to mention the musical guests they've been doing, had Kendrick Lemar, and Troubled Waters. They've got Run the Jewels and TV on the Radio on Tuesday!

Agreed. And The Dead Weather are on tonight. Love that band.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
But they'll match your deposit! And you only have to spend about 25x your initial deposit to get that full match! It's the best deal ever! :sarcasm:

But yes, they are extremely annoying.

They match your $200 in incriminates. It's something like 4 cents for every dollar you bet. So they'll have matched $8 by the time that $200 is gone. You have to bet a total of $5000 for that initial $200 to be matched. It is misleading and borders on an absolute lie. I'll stick with my 12 team fantasy league I have with friends.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Coming from Stockholm today via Helsinki. The first flight was cancelled so I missed my bus to Tampere. The second flight was late, but I barely made it to the next bus thanks to the awesome cab driver.

Staying at an airport with poor WiFi for eight hours sucks.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I totally get the public reaction has been middling. It's more conservative[sup]1[/sup] than the Colbert Report in quite a few ways, and so it makes sense that people are disappointed in that regard. On the other hand, I think it's actually pretty subversive for a major network late night show. In his first week alone he's taken a ton of risks that nobody else has in a very long time--not Fallon, not Kimmel, not Letterman, not Leno, and not even Conan's Tonight Show stint (except maybe his glorious last week of giving NBC the finger as conspicuously as possible).

To wit, we've already seen:

- Multiple segments of direct political commentary
- A really personal and emotional twenty-minute interview with the Vice President.
- A few lengthy segments of absurdist nerd humor (e.g., the amulet bit).
- A tone that's largely been deadpan, sarcastic, and self-deprecating.

Frankly, I think he's bringing back the edge and weirdness that made Letterman such an institution (before he got kinda stale in his latter years), and on top of that, he's probably the most directly political host any late night show has ever had. If you look at those elements relative to the current landscape, it's really ****ing out there. Like, go watch an episode of Fallon, who's riding a wave of popularity by returning to "being nice" and focusing less on news and comedy, and more on celebrities and throwaway "viral" bits. Colbert is basically doubling down on doing the opposite.

---
[sup]1[/sup] In terms of risk-taking; I don't mean the liberal-vs.-conservative political sense.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I can't stand Fallon. He's so jittery and uncomfortable, and he does the Jay Leno thing in interviews where he talks about himself way too much. He has some good bits but I can't sit down and watch a whole Fallon show. Watching Fallon makes me anxious, it doesn't feel natural or genuine.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I can't stand Fallon. He's so jittery and uncomfortable, and he does the Jay Leno thing in interviews where he talks about himself way too much. He has some good bits but I can't sit down and watch a whole Fallon show. Watching Fallon makes me anxious, it doesn't feel natural or genuine.
I generally like Fallon. However, he does need to stop with the over-laughing. Every night on his show, his guest apparently says the funniest thing that Fallon has heard in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad