OT: General OT Thread #39: Intel Popcorn Processor 39000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I never was a big believer in the whole "network with everyone" thing, but I got this job, because A friend of a friend knew I was lookng for work, and he heard of a job I might be suited for. Told me about it, I applied, interviewed, and praise Gretzky, I got the offer! :)

It's been a very trying couple years, and I don't wish the same experience on anyone else.

Good luck to all those searching.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
ya know, some days, just piss you the eff off. Being told I am going to have to take a certain pay cut from my 2nd job is not how I want to start off this week. Me thinks it is time to start exploring full on independence in working a private practice. I am going to get good and liquored up tonight.

ouch, that sucks man.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I never was a big believer in the whole "network with everyone" thing, but I got this job, because A friend of a friend knew I was lookng for work, and he heard of a job I might be suited for. Told me about it, I applied, interviewed, and praise Gretzky, I got the offer! :)

It's been a very trying couple years, and I don't wish the same experience on anyone else.

Good luck to all those searching.

Similar situation on my end. My friend applied for and got a job well-below his ken, but he needed to put food on the table, so whatevz. Mid-way through the hiring process, he gets offered a substantially better job (and takes it) and they then have to scramble to replace him. He suggested me and one other person, and I apparently interviewed better than the other person, who is vastly superior in most every way. Thing is, I didn't even apply to the job originally because it "required" all sorts of certification I don't have. So in effect, through a combination of knowing the right people and some dumb luck, I will have a fulltime (if temporary) position soon, which will if nothing else look great on my resume.

But yeah, I agree on the well-wishes to any job searchers. It can be a harrowing, tedious, and humiliating process.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
After MULTIPLE recommendations from a friend, I started watching Rick and Morty last night. It's pretty good.

Cracked up in the 2nd episode (at least I think it's the 2nd, maybe the 1st), when Rick gives Morty the anti-gravity shoes to walk down the cliff. Morty just steps off the cliff and goes tumbling down.

"You gotta turn 'em on first, Morty. They've got an on switch, Morty. See, I turned mine on and walked down nice and leisurely." :laugh:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Rick and Morty is one of the best comedies out there right now. Took an episode or two to get used to Rick's burps and gross-ness but man it's a funny show.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Rick and Morty is one of the best comedies out there right now. Took an episode or two to get used to Rick's burps and gross-ness but man it's a funny show.

The best part about it is Rick's dialogue. Sounds like all his lines are one take, just comes in and whatever his first attempt is, is what they use :laugh:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Just 6"!!!! I was in the bulls-eye for Jonas. Got like 28ish.

Oh, we'll have more than 6 inches. I have no idea what the forecasted totals are, but we're probably getting close to 6 already. Tough to tell looking out at the work parking lot, but there's quite a bit out there already.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Boarding a plane right now to head to the middle east until April. I will try to pop in and out of here but may miss out on some fun! Enjoy the snow, nerds.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Wikipedia said:
"The number 40 is used in Jewish, Christian, Islamic, and other Middle Eastern traditions to represent a large, approximate number, similar to 'umpteen'."

General OT Thread #Umpteen: The 40th Time's the Charm

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
General OT Thread #40: Duuuuub You Believe In A Thing Called Love? Just Listen To The Rhythm of My Heart

tumblr_lyv1muCOPe1r70o2qo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad