OT: General OT Thread #33: In Memory of Sergei Zholtok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Stupid Google. Making me waste my time. In case you haven't heard, for their April Fools... You can search Google maps for Pokemon. So I've been exploring the globe to catch Pokemon. Yay!

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Weather is absolutely terrible in Grand Forks today.

Just dreadful. Going from work to Walmart, normally a >1-2 minute drive took ten minutes, and from walmart to my apartment took ~15-20 when it normally takes five.

Just horrible. Visibility is practically zero, there are massive snowbanks in the middle of the lanes and just tons of people driving at five miles an hour everywhere.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
House we really liked dropped by $15k today. Crazy panic ensues.

This may sound dumb, but I'm about to start looking at houses/getting a loan lined up... any tips/things that you wish you had thought about beforehand?

Also where did you go to do loan shopping/getting pre-approved?

I went to Lending tree and that seemed to be okay but I'm just checking all options to get a good deal.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well this blizzard has cancelled the plans I had for tonight.

**** this winter. Seriously. Old man winter can **** the **** right off. Get the **** out of here you old bag, nobody likes you!

:scared:

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
This may sound dumb, but I'm about to start looking at houses/getting a loan lined up... any tips/things that you wish you had thought about beforehand?

Also where did you go to do loan shopping/getting pre-approved?

I went to Lending tree and that seemed to be okay but I'm just checking all options to get a good deal.

I just bought a house. Get a realtor that sets you up with Multiple listing services (MLS). It gives you access to homes as they come on the market faster than realtor.com would.

My best advice is to be patient, but if you see something you like that's new to the market, move quickly. I missed out on an awesome foreclosed home because somebody bought it cash hours after I viewed it.

Make a list of what you want out of a house (bedrooms, dishwasher, garage... etc) and decide which things are deal breakers and which things are just wants. It can help you weed through some of the houses.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Ate at The Crooked Pint in Apple Valley tonight.

Had a Beer Cheese Lucy which was a Beer Cheese stuffed burger with a pretzel bun, bacon, pepper jack cheese and their bistro sauce.

I'm way more full than I want to feel 3+ hours after finishing the burger...

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

Had a Beer Cheese Lucy which was a Beer Cheese stuffed burger with a pretzel bun, bacon, pepper jack cheese and their bistro sauce.

Never been a fan of pretzel buns. I can't have a good burger on that. Ew.

They're both at fault, but the way I see it the Mazda was dumb for blindly pulling out into the street without looking to their left.

Went back and watched again. Alright, I could believe it. A beautiful car, though.

EDIT: :laugh:
MfpdYob.gif

Last edited:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan

Hey, I live right by there! Been there a couple times. Service was really bad. But I like the atmosphere so I'm completely willing to give them a chance.

Billy Mays Here*

Don't tell me what to do.

Dammit that's how I know I've been hanging out in The Lounge too much.

Billy Mays Here*

On second thought, let's not go to The Lounge.

It is a silly place.

Well a few of the threads are pretty good (guy who had his neighbor's car towed, guy who slammed his palm into a guy's nose after some road rage, and some of them based on actual funny/stupid events). I mostly go there for the Hilarious Pictures Thread. Yeah the majority of threads are just stupid people trying to win the internet though. A spamfest of who gives a flying ****.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Well a few of the threads are pretty good (guy who had his neighbor's car towed, guy who slammed his palm into a guy's nose after some road rage, and some of them based on actual funny/stupid events). I mostly go there for the Hilarious Pictures Thread. Yeah the majority of threads are just stupid people trying to win the internet though. A spamfest of who gives a flying ****.

Yeah the hilarious pictures thread is the only lounge thread I read almost daily.

I have been posting every so often in the useless thread tho, late at night when I'm bored out of my skull.

Billy Mays Here*

Now that Avder's a mod I guess that means no 1300+ post shenanigans like we did that one night in one of those previous OT threads.

. . . . Or does it? *Avder answers no and closes thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad