OT: General OT MEGATHREAD (No Politics) Pt. 3 - Read OP before posting

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I subscribed to NHL.tv for the year since I totally 100% live in France now, and I was really disappointed to see they don't let you watch back seasons anymore. I was going to rewatch some of 2018. :(

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Anybody with any tips for improving site performance on an iPad. Feels like ad loading gremlins have been creating a ton of friction that has been degrading site functionality.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Anybody with any tips for improving site performance on an iPad. Feels like ad loading gremlins have been creating a ton of friction that has been degrading site functionality.

I use AdGuard on my phone because the site is unusable otherwise with all of the ads.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t ever see ads here on my IOS devices……check safari settings to make sure the various add blocker things are enabled?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I know its early in the season and the world doesnt revolve around me .. but the Caps schedule so far has not been meshing with my life schedule.

Tonight and tomorrow night would be a great for a game.

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Thanks - does the site offer a paid ad-free option? Stunningly, I would pay money to have a more seamless experience interacting with you lot.
It's $12/year for "sponsor", completely ad-free. Other benefits too. No brainer in my opinion.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
When I'm reading HF Boards on my iPad these days, I use the Brave browser (without any add-ons), which has eliminated all ads on the site (including the annoying pop-ups that demand you remove any adblockers). That said, IIRC, the creator of Brave turned out to be a real POS, so... yeah. I should probably find another option.

For me, the absurdly intrusive ads on this site make it unreadable on a phone/tablet while using Chrome.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
It's $12/year for "sponsor", completely ad-free. Other benefits too. No brainer in my opinion.

Thanks for the tip. Made the change. It's a smoother ride for sure, though every once in a while cache takes me back to the pre-sponsorship, ad-clutter horror that I've bought my way free of.

Reactions: Random schmoe

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
This Korean chicken place in Tysons Corner is tempting from my training nutrition plan.

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
This Korean chicken place in Tysons Corner is tempting from my training nutrition plan.

I'm in Maryland for a few days they have a franchise here, I might look into this. thank

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad