Frederic stopped on a partial
Steen followed up with a penalty
Providence trying to give this game away with dumb penalties

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Lagace outstanding
Woods best game as a P Bruin
Senyshyn had 5 of the 25 shots on goal
Juolevi seemed to be on the ice all night,he looked good and probably won't be in Utica long
Thought Lauzon was strong, didn't notice Zboril, Vaakanainen better as the game wore on
Good team effort
On to Hershey

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Legace with a couple of shutouts and a 2.50 GAA this season. It's only seven games, but he has NHL experience and could be a consideration to back up Rask next season giving Keyser and Vladar more time to develop.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
My thoughts from tonight:

-- Lagace was phenomenal tonight...bailed out bad defensive play on several occasions. Utica outplayed the PB's most of the night and Lagace is the only reason they won.
-- After a few solid games, the PB's were back to their sloppy play...a lot of blind passes to nobody, losing the puck when plays are there to be made, and not getting the puck out of the zone when they had a chance. Hopefully they clean things back up.
-- Senyshyn was the best skater tonight. He had 4 high quality scoring chances (the rest of team probably had about 6 combined), made smart plays with the puck, and gave the opposing D trouble on the forecheck.
-- Studnicka was active tonight.
-- Frederic was up & down...made a pretty pass to set up Fitzgerald alone in front and rang a bullet off the post but also had a few plays that just died on his stick for no good reason (including throwing a weak backhand pass into the D's skates during a 3-on-2 when he had room to attack the net).
-- Koppanen stood out as well (even aside from the goal). Not sure what the ice time was but I'd have him ahead of Shen (who hasn't shown much this season) on the depth chart.
-- Steen has been fairly disappointing so far this season -- which is surprising since he looked good in the preseason. He'll make one or two decent plays a game but I expected more than that from him (especially considering his linemates & PP time). He also really needs to work on getting the puck out of the zone when he has a chance.
-- I can only assume Lauko is banged up...he has outplayed most of the forwards so far this year.
-- I thought this was one of Urho's best games of the year...he was much more assertive and showed his wheels with the puck a few times.
-- Zboril was OK...he had a couple questionable passes but nothing terrible and he continues to be their best D at moving the puck up the ice in my opinion.
-- I haven't mentioned Lauzon much in my recaps but he continues to be solid night in & night out...easily their most consistent D all year so far.
-- Didier was handling the puck like a grenade tonight.

BruinsNetwork

I have an unwavering confidence in Vaakanainen, but these early reports are a bit disheartening. What's going on with him?

In my opinion, his concussion and other ailments from last season took a toll on him and he’s still finding his stride even though we’re months removed. His decision-making ability has been the most concerning to me so far this year as that’s never been an area of concern at any previous level.

I really do think he’s just in need of a few nights in the press box because he just looks out of sync and focus. I’m not concerned long-term, but I’ve been quite disappointed in him so far this year. He’s just a much better hockey player than he’s shown us this year.

He’s still the same fleet-footed Urho we’ve all been excited about, but something isn’t right. I like having prospects “play through it,” but at some point they still need to be scratched to observe and reset. It’s happened before with Zboril, Lauzon and others, so it might be in order for Vaakanainen next. He was better tonight, but still not where he should be.

Maybe he’s just going through the motions or maybe it’s something else. I don’t expect him to be this ineffective for much longer, though.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Must have missed the part just before where Senyshyn was in perfect position to lead a 2-on-1 and his teammate literally missed a pass by two feet and botched the play.

:]
Im sure Senyshyn's perfect play will compensate for teammates shortcomings. According to you he's on the bottom 6 by design to round up his game. And yet you criticize coaches for playing him in bottom 6. It's a little confusing, I'm I missing anything else?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My thoughts from tonight:

-- Lagace was phenomenal tonight...bailed out bad defensive play on several occasions. Utica outplayed the PB's most of the night and Lagace is the only reason they won.
-- After a few solid games, the PB's were back to their sloppy play...a lot of blind passes to nobody, losing the puck when plays are there to be made, and not getting the puck out of the zone when they had a chance. Hopefully they clean things back up.
-- Senyshyn was the best skater tonight. He had 4 high quality scoring chances (the rest of team probably had about 6 combined), made smart plays with the puck, and gave the opposing D trouble on the forecheck.
-- Studnicka was active tonight.
-- Frederic was up & down...made a pretty pass to set up Fitzgerald alone in front and rang a bullet off the post but also had a few plays that just died on his stick for no good reason (including throwing a weak backhand pass into the D's skates during a 3-on-2 when he had room to attack the net).
-- Koppanen stood out as well (even aside from the goal). Not sure what the ice time was but I'd have him ahead of Shen (who hasn't shown much this season) on the depth chart.
-- Steen has been fairly disappointing so far this season -- which is surprising since he looked good in the preseason. He'll make one or two decent plays a game but I expected more than that from him (especially considering his linemates & PP time). He also really needs to work on getting the puck out of the zone when he has a chance.
-- I can only assume Lauko is banged up...he has outplayed most of the forwards so far this year.
-- I thought this was one of Urho's best games of the year...he was much more assertive and showed his wheels with the puck a few times.
-- Zboril was OK...he had a couple questionable passes but nothing terrible and he continues to be their best D at moving the puck up the ice in my opinion.
-- I haven't mentioned Lauzon much in my recaps but he continues to be solid night in & night out...easily their most consistent D all year so far.
-- Didier was handling the puck like a grenade tonight.
Love the reviews

I’ll check in with Eric tomorrow before Pats and get his Providence assessment

confidence is vital to success in everything

Hopefully Senyshyn has it - seems he does

to be dominant top 5-10 team in the NHL while dressing Heinen, DeBrusk, Bjork, Pastrnak, and Senyshyn from the 2014 and 15 drafts would be phenomenal (and getting Coyle from Donato 2014 and resigning him would add to this)

I learned my lesson cheerleading for JK but I’d love to see Senyshyn hit big

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Legace with a couple of shutouts and a 2.50 GAA this season. It's only seven games, but he has NHL experience and could be a consideration to back up Rask next season giving Keyser and Vladar more time to develop.
He's also been pulled twice in those 7 games,I think we know why he isn't in the NHL fulltime yet
3 shutouts, getting yanked twice in 7 games is quite the swing

Reactions: Spooner st

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Im sure Senyshyn's perfect play will compensate for teammates shortcomings. According to you he's on the bottom 6 by design to round up his game. And yet you criticize coaches for playing him in bottom 6. It's a little confusing, I'm I missing anything else?

It's time to give it up and actually cheer for the prospect to succeed instead of bashing those that actually follow and watch him on a day to day basis.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
It's time to give it up and actually cheer for the prospect to succeed instead of bashing those that actually follow and watch him on a day to day basis.
You really have some reading comprehension issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad