Providence Bruins General Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
Absolutely. He’s the definition of a “competitor” and he has the skill to boot. I personally think he’s the fourth best skater on the team behind Senyshyn, Vaakanainen and Zboril. His straight-line speed is right up there with Senyshyn though as he can absolutely fly.

Picture a lighter, quicker, more skilled and agile Noel Acciari— then you’re pretty close to what he is, IMO. He’s got some decent hands and a hard shot, but he doesn’t try and force plays or work above his capabilities. Very strong on the boards and behind the net.

He’ll be a cheap, fast, versatile, “modern day” grinder in this new skill-based NHL. I loved the signing last year and I think he’s gonna go on to have a really solid career in the NHL.

He mainly plays wing (where he’s just as effective) right now, but he’s seen ample time at center and that’s his natural position.

How's his physical play? You say strong board work, does he throw solid hits as well?

BruinsNetwork

How's his physical play? You say strong board work, does he throw solid hits as well?

He’s not gonna throw those shattering, rattling, open-ice hits, but he’ll throw his hips and shoulders into guys along the boards and down-low. He’s a solid checker and someone who doesn’t shy away from physicality or battles.

I think maybe Nordstrom would be a better comp than Acciari for the physicality part. Someone who gets in deep and throws his weight around, but doesn’t deliver those massive hits in the open.

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
He’s not gonna throw those shattering, rattling, open-ice hits, but he’ll throw his hips and shoulders into guys along the boards and down-low. He’s a solid checker and someone who doesn’t shy away from physicality or battles.

I think maybe Nordstrom would be a better comp than Acciari for the physicality part. Someone who gets in deep and throws his weight around, but doesn’t deliver those massive hits in the open.

Sounds like a really nice player to compliment a 4th line who could step in a maybe play a little 3rd line in a pinch?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
McIntyre in net
last 3 weeks he's faced less than 24 shots per game
Big game tonight,waiting to see who's in/out

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Springfield goalie standing on his head
Robbing Carey and Senyshyn
Made 21 saves in th his period alone
Still one minute to go

Reactions: LouisSleigher