Providence Bruins General Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Strong effort tonight, 1 point out of 4th and they play the team in front of them tomorrow
Frederic and Kuhlman impressed
Maybe it’s good fortune but Karson Kuhlman is a +19 and the next guy Conor Clifton is +10

His offense the past month has been eye opening

Reactions: Blowfish

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Strong effort tonight, 1 point out of 4th and they play the team in front of them tomorrow
Frederic and Kuhlman impressed

Also do you think JFK might possibly keep his spot when Frederic gets the call. Presumably leaving Frederic as the 4th line center or replacing Donato on the wing?

My understanding is that Kuhlman is a pure fourth liner, which we have in spades; do you agree or might he have a higher ceiling. Does Kuhlman have any realistic chance of helping the B's this year?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Is he playing center ? And if so how well ? Skating ?

He only signed 2 year deal
No plays wing
Skating is the best on the team
Bruins College scouts deserve credit getting him into the organization
He'll be resigned

Reactions: HustleB

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Also do you think JFK might possibly keep his spot when Frederic gets the call. Presumably leaving Frederic as the 4th line center or replacing Donato on the wing?

My understanding is that Kuhlman is a pure fourth liner, which we have in spades; do you agree or might he have a higher ceiling. Does Kuhlman have any realistic chance of helping the B's this year?
If Frederic goes up I would assume JFK is out
Lots of P Bruins are knocking on the door,something has to give.
Today Kuhlman is a 4th liner,I do think he has a higher ceiling ,how high? I do not know,kid has it though, hypothetically he could help but there's no need right now

Reactions: HustleB

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If Frederic goes up I would assume JFK is out
Lots of P Bruins are knocking on the door,something has to give.
Today Kuhlman is a 4th liner,I do think he has a higher ceiling ,how high? I do not know,kid has it though, hypothetically he could help but there's no need right now

JFK has also been playing RW, so he may not. I personally would rather see Donato go back down and go Heinen-Frederic-JFK. I also wouldn't mind Frederic-JFK-Heinen

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
JFK has also been playing RW, so he may not. I personally would rather see Donato go back down and go Heinen-Frederic-JFK. I also wouldn't mind Frederic-JFK-Heinen
For the time being sure,don't think they'd go into the playoffs with that line unless they sell first which is a whole nother debate

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Is he playing center ? And if so how well ? Skating ?

He only signed 2 year deal

acciari is the obvious guy that kuhlman could replace, although noel plays center and karson doesn't.
a 4th line of kuraly-wagner-kuhlman would be fast and not much fun to play against. forechecking
up the ass.

Reactions: DKH

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Maybe Sweeney will leave these guys, like Fredrick and Kuhlman, in Providence for the year to grow their game and have some success. Fredrick is not yet at 0.5 ppg and Kuhlman is barely there and turns 25 this year. Staying the year in Providence and enjoying succes is probably best for their growth, never hurts a player to spend at least a full year in the AHL, DeBrusk is a good example.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Maybe Sweeney will leave these guys, like Fredrick and Kuhlman, in Providence for the year to grow their game and have some success. Fredrick is not yet at 0.5 ppg and Kuhlman is barely there and turns 25 this year. Staying the year in Providence and enjoying succes is probably best for their growth, never hurts a player to spend at least a full year in the AHL, DeBrusk is a good example.

could happen - i think a few of them will get a taste up in boston at the very least.
and kuhlman won't even be 24 til september.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Kuhlman turned 23 just 4 months ago on 9/26 so he’s young and getting better

Karson Kuhlman Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
acciari is the obvious guy that kuhlman could replace, although noel plays center and karson doesn't.
a 4th line of kuraly-wagner-kuhlman would be fast and not much fun to play against. forechecking
up the ass.
I’m with you - reading up on DC I had Kuhlman as at the top off most impressive BUT just drills and assessing energy and he was the guy

I did see him in Providence early November and it was Cave that stood out

Kuhlman made adjustments to pro game and trending up appears

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Kuhlman turned 23 just 4 months ago on 9/26 so he’s young and getting better

Karson Kuhlman Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
Yes I acknowledged that in a previous post, however I still don’t believe thay will be bringing guys up and down at this point and time unless there are injuries. They will make some moves at the deadline and the guys in Providence can battle for a spot next traing camp. Unless of course the Bruins get a big lead in the standings which I don’t see happening, going to tight to the end.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yes I acknowledged that in a previous post, however I still don’t believe thay will be bringing guys up and down at this point and time unless there are injuries. They will make some moves at the deadline and the guys in Providence can battle for a spot next traing camp. Unless of course the Bruins get a big lead in the standings which I don’t see happening, going to tight to the end.
Yah I think he’s probably an injury replacement guy but has a solid shot as Nugs said with that fourth* line in name only next season

I have identified 1 player I go get ~ Braydon Schenn

He’s my guy and perfect fit

By the way I thought he was older as well - surprised will not turn 24 till next preseason

He’s at a good age
Excellent college player
Winner
Defensive NHL game

Could be a very good signing

An nhl pro scout told me when Tanev was available the Bruins could pretty much be in the drivers seat for most college free agents

Organization
City
Tradition

Most players have played in Boston in college or been there and Sweeney and his staff have as good a relationship with college coaches as you will find in the game

He said Sweeney is a straight shooter and comes off very well to these kids - they see him around and he’s got the school relationships

The Providence college coach in past DC could be seen wearing a Bruins warmup even running drills

Not just him either

Boston has made it a point to mine this area

Last edited:

BruinsNetwork

KULHMAN does he have any shot at making up to the big club?

Absolutely. He’s the definition of a “competitor” and he has the skill to boot. I personally think he’s the fourth best skater on the team behind Senyshyn, Vaakanainen and Zboril. His straight-line speed is right up there with Senyshyn though as he can absolutely fly.

Picture a lighter, quicker, more skilled and agile Noel Acciari— then you’re pretty close to what he is, IMO. He’s got some decent hands and a hard shot, but he doesn’t try and force plays or work above his capabilities. Very strong on the boards and behind the net.

He’ll be a cheap, fast, versatile, “modern day” grinder in this new skill-based NHL. I loved the signing last year and I think he’s gonna go on to have a really solid career in the NHL.

He mainly plays wing (where he’s just as effective) right now, but he’s seen ample time at center and that’s his natural position.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Had Sweeney not picked up the 2 4th liners in the offseason, he might have made the roster this year.

Kulhman is a coaches dream. Great skater, strong defensive player, excellent PK, outstanding leadership skills, big game player. He can certainly be a third line player at the NHL.

I don't think he is skilled enough to ever make it in a top 6 role on a regular basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad