Providence Bruins General Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Its sad that Senyshyn is still stuck down there

so much hope for the kid. Maybe he is going to take the Blake Wheeler long route to make it to the nhl

See similarities to Grabner

He's on next year radar....probably the plan all along. Or he's on his way back to Ottawa in exchange for a senator.

Reactions: TCB

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
McIntyre has really turned it around since the start of the season. Has he played his way back into the goalie mix for a job in Boston?

From Mark Divver:

Zane McIntyre stopped 52 of 53 shots in his two starts. He has won 11 games in a row and is tied for second in the league with 19 wins. He posted his 10th career shutout with the P-Bruins on Sunday and now is one behind Tim Thomas and Hannu Toivanen, who hold the franchise record with 11.

Good, bad & ugly from Providence Bruins weekend

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
McIntyre has really turned it around since the start of the season. Has he played his way back into the goalie mix for a job in Boston?

From Mark Divver:

Zane McIntyre stopped 52 of 53 shots in his two starts. He has won 11 games in a row and is tied for second in the league with 19 wins. He posted his 10th career shutout with the P-Bruins on Sunday and now is one behind Tim Thomas and Hannu Toivanen, who hold the franchise record with 11.

Good, bad & ugly from Providence Bruins weekend

Not one word on Donato.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I am glad that Zane has turned it around and leading them into the playoffs.I also think Zane should be in the boston bruins goaltender mix.good luck to Kulman in boston

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Solid move,Providence is hurting for bodies,3 games in 3 nights against very good competition,I don't see a downside

Reactions: TCB

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I like Stempniak

Seems like he was either gonna play in the bruins organization or not at all. Hard not to respect that.

Worst case scenario he helps them out when they need bodies and provides valuable veteran experience down on the farm. Best case is he proves he has a little juice left and acts as depth for the bruins

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I like Stempniak

Seems like he was either gonna play in the bruins organization or not at all. Hard not to respect that.

Worst case scenario he helps them out when they need bodies and provides valuable veteran experience down on the farm. Best case is he proves he has a little juice left and acts as depth for the bruins

Pretty sure he lives in the area anyways, so sounds like more to me of not wanting to leave his family and keep pursuing the hockey dollar in Europe than it does some sort of loyalty or obligation to the Bruins.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Pretty sure he lives in the area anyways, so sounds like more to me of not wanting to leave his family and keep pursuing the hockey dollar in Europe than it does some sort of loyalty or obligation to the Bruins.

He does indeed live and train here. I’m 100% sure that’s why it was bruins or bust. I’m just saying i respect the fact that he stayed in-shape just in case this opportunity with the Bruins org arose. That’s cool of him to not completely call it A career after getting cut in camp. I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity and plays as well as he did in the preseason. Providence could use it. If he shows that he has a little left in the tank then we have an extra veteran forward we can throw out there and trust in case of an emergency (instead of a Daugavins, for instance :|)

Reactions: BruinDust

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
Decent action early in the first, McIntyre look sharp so far.

Good news for Chris Breen: The Marlies' announcer says the Providence defenseman is 6'8"! Still growing in his late 20s.

McIntyre lets in a softie midway through the first. 1-0 Marlies.

1-0 end of the first. Marlins got better as the period went on. Providence having trouble getting much going, no surprise with new players, some new lines, etc.

Stempniak and Kampfer, who have probably skated together quite a bit this year, team up for a shorty. Kampfer's first of the year in the A.

Bruins go up 2-1. Stempniak gets credit with Donato crashing the net.

Last edited:

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Down 1-0
Softie
Was going wide,McIntyre tried to glove it anyways and knocked it in

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
End of 1
Toronto 1 Providence 0
Missed opportunities for the Bruins
Hutchinson some big saves at the end of the period