Providence Bruins General Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not you too. Seriously to believe that a guy on the Providence Bruins could play on 10 NHL teams right now but can't play for the Boston Bruins a team that is arguably one of the shallowest in the entire NHL, is asinine. It really is.

Not really. He’s just a lot of what the bruins already have and there is no point in sacrificing the depth for that. It’s not like he fills an area of need...I’d argue the opposite. He is lost in the shuffle because every other player that’s profiles similarly requires waivers to clear.

He’s a +22 on a team where the next best is +11 and he’s fast and plays a two way game.

Quite frankly I also don’t think the topic and argument deserves the level of incredulity you’re showing because at the end of the day you yourself have never seen him play. I haven’t either, but somebody who watches every single game has and thinks that and honestly the statistical profile and other reports I’ve seen seems to back up the fact he would be a solid 4th liner who could fill in on teams in a pinch without hurting them.

We unfortunately already have 6 solid 4th liners on the team

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Are the bruin fans as excited with their prospects at Providence as they were say even a year ago?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I am but I have no credibility

It's one of those the answer is quite clear and I'll ask anyways.
I for one was never that excited .with the exception of mc cavoy
We didn't have an elite type prospect (Charlie hasn't reached elite yet) .
Too many errors in a draft screws up the future

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
It's one of those the answer is quite clear and I'll ask anyways.
I for one was never that excited .with the exception of mc cavoy
We didn't have an elite type prospect (Charlie hasn't reached elite yet) .
Too many errors in a draft screws up the future
Vaakanainen has top pairing potential
2014 was a hit
2015 was a miss
2016 was decent
2017 early but no concerns
2018 same as above

Reactions: FanSince72

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not really. He’s just a lot of what the bruins already have and there is no point in sacrificing the depth for that. It’s not like he fills an area of need...I’d argue the opposite. He is lost in the shuffle because every other player that’s profiles similarly requires waivers to clear.

He’s a +22 on a team where the next best is +11 and he’s fast and plays a two way game.

Quite frankly I also don’t think the topic and argument deserves the level of incredulity you’re showing because at the end of the day you yourself have never seen him play. I haven’t either, but somebody who watches every single game has and thinks that and honestly the statistical profile and other reports I’ve seen seems to back up the fact he would be a solid 4th liner who could fill in on teams in a pinch without hurting them.

We unfortunately already have 6 solid 4th liners on the team

You don't need to see the guy play (and I did see him in pre-season). He isn't lost in the shuffle, if he was good enough to play for 10-15 NHL teams he's good enough to play in Boston. But he isn't, yet. I don't even dislike the player, nothing against Kuhlman. But the general statement that "Providence Bruins X or Y or Z" is good enough to play for 10-15 NHL teams just not good enough for Boston is ridiculous.

This whole "well we already have enough 4th liners" is a excuse, it's BS quite frankly.

Meanwhile were hearing that Stempniak, a guy who doesn't have an NHL contract, has been only practicing since October, is being consider as an option tells me Kuhlman or whoever isn't about to walk onto 10-15 other NHL teams.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Disagree. Just because you say it isn’t a good excuse doesn’t make it true. They’ve been trying to fill a scoring role and he’s obviousky not going to be that guy considering he was a .5 ppg guy in college

Stempniak is a much better offensive player than Kuhlman so no it’s not really a surprise. You want them to just plug another 15-20 point guy in the lineup? That would make about 6 of them. And even with the Stempniak talk he’s still getting talk for a quick call up. Seems like it’s gonna be him, Stempniak, or Senyshyn. Id go with the last two first tbh and it’s nothing against Kuhlman

He is good enough to be in the league. I imagine he will be in it next year- possibly full time. He’s not good enough to fill the roles that have needed to be filled. He’s too similar to what we already have. Again, really strange thing to be incredulous about

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Disagree. Just because you say it isn’t a good excuse doesn’t make it true. They’ve been trying to fill a scoring role and he’s obviousky not going to be that guy considering he was a .5 ppg guy in college

Stempniak is a much better offensive player than Kuhlman so no it’s not really a surprise. You want them to just plug another 15-20 point guy in the lineup? That would make about 6 of them

He is good enough for the Bruins. He’s not good enough to fill the roles that have needed to be filled. He’s too similar to what we already have. Again, really strange thing to be incredulous about

The only thing I find strange is the belief that the Bruins have an NHL caliber player down in Providence but because of his particular skill-set, he just isn't given an opportunity in Boston but half the league would gladly put him in their line-up.

You make it sound like the Bruins haven't had a single opening in the bottom part of the line-up all year, so any guy who brings a two-way game just doesn't get an opportunity, they are only offering opportunities this season to skill guys.

Answer this question then. Forget the Bruins for a second. What rosters in the NHL would you believe Kuhlman could walk right onto and be better than the guys they have already?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think he would’ve played on EDM, OTT, DET, CHI, COL, possibly MIN, NJ, NYR, possibly PHI, possibly LAK, ANA, possibly VAN. I didn’t look at any good teams yet, that’s just a quick hockeyDB perusing. And now there is scuttlebutt about him maybe getting called up to one of the best teams in the league. He’s an NHL-caliber player.

All those teams have played journeyman/non-prospects up front for them at various points this year that you can make the argument Kuhlman would be an upgrade on the 4th line over

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
You make it sound like the Bruins haven't had a single opening in the bottom part of the line-up all year, so any guy who brings a two-way game just doesn't get an opportunity, they are only offering opportunities this season to skill guys.
Kuhlman is in his first year of pro hockey and has begun to put up points (9-7-16 in his last 20) & make a strong case for a call-up so "all year" is probably misleading. And to this point he would have had to push out Backes or Wagner for a bottom 6 role at RW, unlikely for reasons we know.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Kuhlman is in his first year of pro hockey and has begun to put up points (9-7-16 in his last 20) & make a strong case for a call-up so "all year" is probably misleading. And to this point he would have had to push out Backes or Wagner for a bottom 6 role at RW, unlikely for reasons we know.
:thumbu:

Reactions: CDJ

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Its sad that Senyshyn is still stuck down there

so much hope for the kid. Maybe he is going to take the Blake Wheeler long route to make it to the nhl

See similarities to Grabner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad