Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Tonite’s Line-up vs. Hartford - solid!!!

Richard. Merkulov. Brazeau
Boqvist. Megna. Steen
Kuntar. McLaughlin. Lysell
Toporowski. Farinacci. Harrison

Wotherspoon. Regula
Callahan. Walsh
Lohrei. Zboril

Bussi
Keyser

Scratches - Abate, Arseneau, Brunet, Hall, Mast, Renouf (inj), DiPetro

What a line-up! I’m excited to see each line for different reasons. Gotta think the Veteran line will do damage! Also love to see the BC connection with Kuntar and McLaughlin…let’s hope Lysell can bury the garage from their hard work.

Lohrei and Zboril - stay home Z and let L dangle through the NZ - I say he buries one tonite! Going to be a fun season to watch!

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

Boqvist. Megna. Steen

Wotherspoon. Regula
Callahan. Walsh
Lohrei. Zboril

Bussi
Keyser

What a line-up! I’m excited to see each line for different reasons. Gotta think the Veteran line will do damage! Also love to see the BC connection with Kuntar and McLaughlin…let’s hope Lysell can bury the garage from their hard work.

Lohrei and Zboril - stay home Z and let L dangle through the NZ - I say he buries one tonite! Going to be a fun season to watch!

So three veteran forwards that are basically established ppg players in AHL: Richard, Boqvist, Megna

Two more forwards that are sharply trending to ppg AHL players: Toporowski, Merkulov

Four more fowards that are above 0.5ppg and trending up: McLaughlin, Lysell, Steen and Brazeau

Bunch of promising rookies that should be impact players.

Will be fun to see what happens.

Reactions: weaponomega and TCB

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Boqvist. Megna. Steen

Wotherspoon. Regula
Callahan. Walsh
Lohrei. Zboril

Bussi
Keyser

I hope those pairings are not ranked, and Lohrei will play the most minutes on a nightly basis. If not, then that would be a total fail

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020

Eric - any thoughts on why Providence hasn’t sent any combination of Abate, Arseneau, Brunet, Hall, Mast and DiPetro to Maine?
Curious why start the season with 15F, 9D, 3G - seems overkill, maybe a couple extra bodies in case of injury…can’t imagine Mast is going to break into this line-up, better to develop in Maine or no?

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Eric - any thoughts on why Providence hasn’t sent any combination of Abate, Arseneau, Brunet, Hall, Mast and DiPetro to Maine?
Curious why start the season with 15F, 9D, 3G - seems overkill, maybe a couple extra bodies in case of injury…can’t imagine Mast is going to break into this line-up, better to develop in Maine or no?

I am hoping it is just a let everyone have the excitement of opening night the introductions, the big crowd etc, and then deal with putting prospects where they might play

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Curious why start the season with 15F, 9D, 3G - seems overkill, maybe a couple extra bodies in case of injury…can’t imagine Mast is going to break into this line-up, better to develop in Maine or
I can only speculate, trades and loan deals are forthcoming and we have to be patient
Maine doesn't start till next Friday so hypothetically the scratches can get in a game either Sunday or Wednesday
But not ideal for Mast and Brunet

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
I can only speculate, trades and loan deals are forthcoming and we have to be patient
Maine doesn't start till next Friday so hypothetically the scratches can get in a game either Sunday or Wednesday
But not ideal for Mast and Brunet
Thanks for the insight! Feels like so many things can still happen…if Poitras stays then Brown likely comes down to Prov. If he’s sent back to OHL then they likely sign Heinan and Brown stays at 13F. What about Harrison, I don’t think Bos had him slotted at 4RW, not even his proper side, if he doesn’t do well this weekend could we see him go back to OHL to get the minutes he needs to continue his development?
What about Hall? Is he just buried or is there any hope that he could turn things around and have an improved year. Could he be someone that gets loaned or traded?
Brunet and Mast are in terrible spots! They 6D playing tonite are mainstays and the 7th is Renouf once healthy. I don’t see how these guys will ever get on the ice unless the Coaching staff decides to rotate 2D out each game regardless of team and player performance…same with the 3 extra Fs with Abate, Hall and Arseneau.
Crazy depth on this team, I really hope this year they actually make it deep into the playoffs!

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
7 minutes into Providence first game. I see Kuntar being a PITA to play against. Always in there with the extras. Likes to finish hits. Get in your face. Whack the goalie.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I don't know what the hell has gotten into Callahan, but he's leaps and bounds better. Should be too old for something like that happening over one summer.

Reactions: HustleB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad