HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Yah but the hit was on him - he might as well put an apple in his mouth

Going to be really good but when he turns 21 in 16 months let’s see where he is

I don’t think he’s close to ready

He as in McLaughlin was awesome I thought
Agree all around. Was happy to see McLaughlin late in game protecting lead and on PK, he was great in both. Smart player that works hard perfect bottom 6 guy.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Great positionally and details.
He was awesome I thought
Kincaid was very strong in net

Liked Lysell’s game a lot

Wagner/Koppanen/Brazeau is a good AHL line

Bruins need to chill with that terrible backwards passing on the PP

They also need to learn that the puck must cross the line before the player or it’s offsides. Woof were there a lot of OS tonight.

Fun game. Always great when hockey is back in Providence.
we were sitting about at the blue line and the offside where Lysell was carrying in called offside - me and Eric looked at each other and said ‘that was not off sides’

Only one linesman so tough job but he missed a few

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I liked Merkulov tonight as well. I’m perplexed about who he’s playing with though and his role. Feels like a player who should be somewhere in the Top 6.
Should switch him with Lettieri but maybe they wanna have a more veteran guy with Lysell idk, or worried about them in their own end.

Agree seems wasteful having him down there. But I thought he got some more out of Hall then I’ve seen in a bit.

And glad they’re keeping him at center.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Should switch him with Lettieri but maybe they wanna have a more veteran guy with Lysell idk, or worried about them in their own end.

Agree seems wasteful having him down there. But I thought he got some more out of Hall then I’ve seen in a bit.

Putting Merkulov and Lysell together would be a defensive zone nightmare! Both are clueless and have a lot to learn about 200 feet of responsibility. Aside from the goal, I thought Lysell was average at best and IMO probably should still be in the WHL for another year of growth.

And he should not be pivoting right now, I’d put Asselin at C and put Merkulov on LW sto simplify his game - he just wants to make plays and score, don’t make the kid have to be overly responsible down low in the DZ, let him play wing where he can blow the zone and stretch the ice out instead of having to catch up as the late guy (if he’s being defensively responsible).

Someone said he should be top 6 - ya I can agree with that - thinking these lines would be better, but prob not a good look for coach to throw a Vet on 4th line game 1. Here’s what I’d go with

Wagner - Koppanen - Brazeau
Merkulov - mcLaughlin - Lysell
Toporowski - Beecher - Steen
Asselin - Lettieri - Hall

Overall, I thought every F was solid, no one stood out IMO, and contrary to some I thought Toporowski looked lost at times…but the team did what was needed for the win. Kincaid played great and then D were strong.

Was really hoping to see Callahan in - very surprised he was healthy scratch for opening night over a guy like Wolff.

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Putting Merkulov and Lysell together would be a defensive zone nightmare! Both are clueless and have a lot to learn about 200 feet of responsibility. Aside from the goal, I thought Lysell was average at best and IMO probably should still be in the WHL for another year of growth.

And he should not be pivoting right now, I’d put Asselin at C and put Merkulov on LW sto simplify his game - he just wants to make plays and score, don’t make the kid have to be overly responsible down low in the DZ, let him play wing where he can blow the zone and stretch the ice out instead of having to catch up as the late guy (if he’s being defensively responsible).

Someone said he should be top 6 - ya I can agree with that - thinking these lines would be better, but prob not a good look for coach to throw a Vet on 4th line game 1. Here’s what I’d go with

Overall, I thought every F was solid, no one stood out IMO, and contrary to some I thought Toporowski looked lost at times…but the team did what was needed for the win. Kincaid played great and then D were strong.

Was really hoping to see Callahan in - very surprised he was healthy scratch for opening night over a guy like Wolff.
I think he’s a better player at center

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Agree with everything but Lysell to the WHL, that would be unexceptable in my eyes

Also, Curtis Hall had a damn good game,looks like he's slimmed down a bit

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Also, Curtis Hall had a damn good game,looks like he's slimmed down a bit
I thought he looked different physically, just couldn't put my finger on it. Also was way, way more noticeable out there, which was a pleasant surprise.

Nobody else thought McLaughlin got knocked off his feet far too much?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I thought he looked different physically, just couldn't put my finger on it. Also was way, way more noticeable out there, which was a pleasant surprise.

Nobody else thought McLaughlin got knocked off his feet far too much?
I think some of it is he's off balance from being relentless he doesn't have time to set or absorb a hit,he won his share of board battles though

Speaking of board battles Merkulov actually won a couple in the D zone last night

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Why didn't anyone warm me about this games feed? they actually regressed from last year

Reactions: Kegs

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Why didn't anyone warm me about this games feed? they actually regressed from last year
The away feed's video was stuttering the entire game, or I would have switched over to someone not calling the game on his sister's Rockstar Barbie Microphone from inside a dumpster.

• Haha
Reactions: Kegs and Dr Hook

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

It's a long season. Lines are going to change dozens of times between now and the playoffs, so I am not worried much about who is playing with who in game 1. Especially where I think they pretty much roll all 4 lines pretty evenly

Right now I am sure they have a plan and they have very specific things they want players to work on. With GM, I assume they really want him to work on that 200 foot game, because there is no way he is seeing the Garden as a center until he is a responsible 200 foot player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad