Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
D Andrew Peski transferred from the Providence AHL Contract to a 2 way AHL/ECHL deal for 2022/2023; Peski played 44 games in Maine/ 9 in Providence in 2021/2022;

as noted in the AHL contract Thread on this forum as well

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

I know Haggs sucks. Sorry. Only tweet I could find.

Let’s get fired up! The P-Bruins start up soon. Can’t wait for opening night. I’m doing the White Level ticket package this year. 12 games is nice for me right now and my situation. Can’t wait to check out the extra team stuff as well, assuming I can make it. Work schedule can make P-Bruins games harder to get to.

Who are we liking for the team this year? I know the big team still has some decisions to make but I feel like Providence is easy to figure out for the most part. Some names mentioned above:

I’m excited to see what Toporowski is. I liked what I saw in the PS game the other night and he almost scored on a partial breakaway. He looked good. I know @Saxon Eric mentions he should have been drafted. Hoping for a find here.

Hoping Lauko can stay healthy and find some offense to go along with his nasty game. Health is first and foremost. He’s a fun player.

I really want to see what Abate is like at the AHL level. Even if he’s a goon. Give me some nasty/fun in Providence. He needs to be able to play though. No good if he can’t play a bit. Could easily see him in Portland.

Goalie situation with Kinjaid/Bussi/Keyser. Providence found a gem in Grosenick last year. Who’s going to take that spot over? If any can.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Somebody want to take a shot at the lines? There's like 18 forwards in Providence.

Toporowski Beecher Lysell
Lauko Merkulov Lettieri
Lauko Koppanen Brazeau
Abate Hall Greenway
Foligno, Wagner, Asselin, Brassard, Tralmaks, Voyer...

Ahcan Wissman
Callahan Carrick
Didier Berglund
Wolff Wilson

Keyser Bussi

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Somebody want to take a shot at the lines? There's like 18 forwards in Providence.

Lauko Merkulov Lettieri
Lauko Koppanen Brazeau
Abate Hall Greenway

Ahcan Wissman
Callahan Carrick
Didier Berglund
Wolff Wilson

Keyser Bussi

You have Lauko twice. I’d go with Asselin at 3LW until Tralmaks is ready and see if those big boys can have some more success as a line again. Sub in for all the 4th liners. Numbers game is interesting.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Lauko Merkulov Lettieri
Lauko Koppanen Brazeau
Abate Hall Greenway

Ahcan Wissman
Callahan Carrick
Didier Berglund
Wolff Wilson

Keyser Bussi
Love the optimism with Foligno lol

Maine will be getting some solid AHL players

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Tralmaks — Koppanen — Brazeau
I think the Providence roster may be equally as hard to crack as Boston’s. So many variables and near impossible to predict, but I think there are 9 players fighting for 4 rosters spots at forward. Who do you think takes their 10-13 spots?

Foligno Nosek Steen
Greer Beecher McLaughlin
Wagner Studnicka Lysell

Therefore 5 from the above list will at least start in Providence. Salary cap, waiver exemptions etc…

They give Foligno and Nosek a chance to start the season (short leash). McLaughlin sticks and Studnicka gets picked up on waivers…

Here’s what I’m guessing opening night will look like in Providence.

Greer Beecher Lettieri
Lauko Merkulov Lysell
Toporowksi Koppanen Brazeau
Asselin C. Hall Voyer

Filipe and Tralmaks on IR
Abate and Greenway to Maine

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I think the Providence roster may be equally as hard to crack as Boston’s. So many variables and near impossible to predict, but I think there are 9 players fighting for 4 rosters spots at forward. Who do you think takes their 10-13 spots?

Foligno Nosek Steen
Greer Beecher McLaughlin
Wagner Studnicka Lysell

Therefore 5 from the above list will at least start in Providence. Salary cap, waiver exemptions etc…

They give Foligno and Nosek a chance to start the season (short leash). McLaughlin sticks and Studnicka gets picked up on waivers…

Here’s what I’m guessing opening night will look like in Providence.

Greer Beecher Lettieri
Lauko Merkulov Lysell
Toporowksi Koppanen Brazeau
Asselin C. Hall Voyer

Filipe and Tralmaks on IR
Abate and Greenway to Maine
Looks good, though I don't think they'll waive Studnicka, what are your D pairs?

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Looks good, though I don't think they'll waive Studnicka, what are your D pairs?
Ahcan Wissman
Callahan Carrick
Didier Berglund
Wolff

Wilson, Peski and Gabriele to Maine

Stud will get sent down and get picked up by another team - Seattle!:)

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Ahcan Wissman
Callahan Carrick
Didier Berglund
Wolff

Wilson, Peski and Gabriele to Maine

Stud will get sent down and get picked up by another team - Seattle!:)
Peski is not under Providence contract this season.... only ECHL Contract I believe..... you have to also remember Maine does have their own contracts and the active roster limit is 17 skaters, up from 16....

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Peski is not under Providence contract this season.... only ECHL Contract I believe..... you have to also remember Maine does have their own contracts and the active roster limit is 17 skaters, up from 16....
I wonder if Prov/Bos would loan any of their players out to other AHL teams in lieu of sending to Maine?

Reactions: HustleB

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I wonder if Prov/Bos would loan any of their players out to other AHL teams in lieu of sending to Maine?
the way it's worked is any team can sign a player not under BOS/PRO contract, and if needed the same might be said of a Providence contract solely, I have seen it in the last 4 + years before Boston arrived (Maine had the Rangers/Jacksonville alliance, but the roster limitation of three skaters precludes that scenario)..... I do recall before T/R was created Montreal did that w/ Brassard.... it's not a full fledged affiliation where every thing flows the way Mougenal has to deal with w/ Providence and those moves from Boston, most of those are PTO Recalls and the rule is you have to reassign the player u signed to a PTO TO the team you signed them from..... you have to remember Comcast has the final call on any transaction here in Portland, not necessarily the NHL Affiliate/AHL Affiliate .

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
ok, here's the first posting from Maine, outside of the season thread on the ECHL Forum:

Maine opens 4th season (2nd under BOS/PRO affiliation) 1 week from Today (10/10/22) w/ off ice testing 10/11 will be the 1st on ice session... all sessions are at Troubh Ice Arena (for those unfamiliar w/ Portland, that's the arena with the Expo, where the G-League Celtics are based and the far end is Hadlock Field, where the Sea Dogs are based, along with Fitzpatrick Stadium);

sessions will start at 9:45 AM on Tuesday/Thursday, otherwise 10 AM on Wednesday/Friday; they will close at 11:15 AM all 4 days;

Maine then will prepare for a 2 game preseason series with the Worcester Railers HC (Islanders affiliate to Bridgeport, the road preseason game is @ Fidelity Ice Center in Worcester at 7 pm Saturday the 15th of October; the lone hiome preseason game is Sunday, the 16th @ Norway Savings Bank Arena (home of the USPHL Premier/NCDC Twin City Thunder ) which commences at 5 pm Tickets are $10, either at the arena or ordered through the NSBA Website.... MixLr RETURNS TO broadcast both preseason games.

Roster: a full roster for Mariners Training Camp will be posted by Friday 10/7/22 F's: Fossier, Stefanson, Master, Jeri-Leon as well as D's Kallen/Duquette will double at the start w/ Providence's TC.... F Nick Issacson/D Andrew Peski will be at Springfield Training Camp (Blues affiliate); F Mathew Santos was invited to Belleville training Camp (Ottawa);

for those not aware, the ECHL Roster limit is now 17 skaters per game night, up from 16 skaters (NHL/AHL IS 18 AND 2), which is the only change to ECHL Regulations to date.

full article: MarinersOfMaine.com - Official Website of Maine Mariners Hockey

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
ok, here's the first posting from Maine, outside of the season thread on the ECHL Forum:

Maine opens 4th season (2nd under BOS/PRO affiliation) 1 week from Today (10/10/22) w/ off ice testing 10/11 will be the 1st on ice session... all sessions are at Troubh Ice Arena (for those unfamiliar w/ Portland, that's the arena with the Expo, where the G-League Celtics are based and the far end is Hadlock Field, where the Sea Dogs are based, along with Fitzpatrick Stadium);

sessions will start at 9:45 AM on Tuesday/Thursday, otherwise 10 AM on Wednesday/Friday; they will close at 11:15 AM all 4 days;

Maine then will prepare for a 2 game preseason series with the Worcester Railers HC (Islanders affiliate to Bridgeport, the road preseason game is @ Fidelity Ice Center in Worcester at 7 pm Saturday the 15th of October; the lone hiome preseason game is Sunday, the 16th @ Norway Savings Bank Arena (home of the USPHL Premier/NCDC Twin City Thunder ) which commences at 5 pm Tickets are $10, either at the arena or ordered through the NSBA Website.... MixLr RETURNS TO broadcast both preseason games.

Roster: a full roster for Mariners Training Camp will be posted by Friday 10/7/22 F's: Fossier, Stefanson, Master, Jeri-Leon as well as D's Kallen/Duquette will double at the start w/ Providence's TC.... F Nick Issacson/D Andrew Peski will be at Springfield Training Camp (Blues affiliate); F Mathew Santos was invited to Belleville training Camp (Ottawa);

for those not aware, the ECHL Roster limit is now 17 skaters per game night, up from 16 skaters (NHL/AHL IS 18 AND 2), which is the only change to ECHL Regulations to date.

full article: MarinersOfMaine.com - Official Website of Maine Mariners Hockey
Man…Heada spinning the more I think about the roster variables in Prov. With everyone healthy it’s very likely they’ll have 18 Fs competing for 12 F spots every game. Now I highly doubt they will keep 18 F in Prov., but let’s say they keep 15 - who are they?

Abate
Asselin
Beecher
Brazeau
Filipe
Greer (could be get picked up on waivers due to strong Bs camp)?
Hall
Koppanen
Lauko
Lettieri
Lysell
McLaughlin
Merkulov
Steen (I think he’s odd man out for Bos and clears waivers)
Toporowski
Tralmaks
Voyer
Wagner

Now the magic question is - what’s your opening night roster? Note Tralmaks and Filipe currently on IR

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad