Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
excuse you.... but where was Providence pro hockey from 1977-92.... until you stole a franchise

You mean like it was stolen from us?

The point is Providence has had a terrestrial radio station covering it's games until around 2012 or so. Our broadcasters even won the AHL Broadcaster awards twice in the early days. They had pre and post game shows. They had games aired on the local cable station. The bulk of complaints started under the current ownership, not "day one" with the guys you hate for "stealing" your precious Maine Mariners. Which (Portland Pirates) failed yet again after you got a team back a short time later because you were run by a guy who may be the most incompetent front office manager in the league.

Christopher, if you're going to claim to be an AHL franchise expert, at least get your arguments and facts straight. I know it's very hard to follow (it legit is), so maybe it's just not your gig.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
You mean like it was stolen from us?

The point is Providence has had a terrestrial radio station covering it's games until around 2012 or so. Our broadcasters even won the AHL Broadcaster awards twice in the early days. They had pre and post game shows. They had games aired on the local cable station. The bulk of complaints started under the current ownership, not "day one" with the guys you hate for "stealing" your precious Maine Mariners. Which failed yet again after you got a team back a short time later.

Christopher, if you're going to claim to be an AHL franchise expert, at least get your arguments and facts straight. I know it's hard to follow, so maybe it's just not your gig.
the era has changed now... name one pro hockey team now on "terrestrial radio" even the current version is on internet

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
the era has changed now... name one pro hockey team now on "terrestrial radio" even the current version is on internet
gordon-ramsay-facepalm.gif

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
Gonna be a deep forward group, this year.

If Greer isn't up with the big team to start (or for good!), I'm excited to see him in some middle-6 mins; he's a real bulldog in the A.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
So forward lines something like:

Merkulov/Lettieri/Lysell
Greer/McKaughlin/Lauko
Tralmarks/Beecher/Wagner
Hall/Koppanen/Brazeau
Asselin

That is assuming Studnicka and Steen open in Boston. Am I missing someone?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Merkulov/Lettieri/Lysell
Greer/McKaughlin/Lauko
Tralmarks/Beecher/Wagner
Hall/Koppanen/Brazeau
Asselin

Voyer,Toporowski and Filipe

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Thanks. If both Boston and Providence are healthy, competition will be pretty stiff. I think Asselin, Hall, Voyer and Filipe are all on the bubble.
Near impossible to predict line combos and who will play top 6/9 minutes and who will be bubble guys in and out of the line-up. Take a guy like Lauko - many expected him to battle for some games in Boston. As it turned out he scored 3 goals in 50+ games, and that’s getting 1st/2nd line PP minutes all season. Comparative, Hall had 2 goals in the same amount of games but had no special teams and in many instances very limited minutes. Filipe on the other hand bounced in and out of the line-up, played limited minutes at times but still found a way to pot 7 goals. I believe Asselin potted 8 goals. I’d say on any given night you’ll have 15 forwards fighting for 12 spots in the line-up, but you’d expect these players to be routinely in the top 9 while the remaining 6 battle for spots 9-12

Lettieri
Greer
Beecher
Lysell
Merkulov
McLaughlin
Wagner
Asselin
Lauko

Koppanen
Filipe
Hall
Brazeau
Tralmaks
Voyer

Toporowski (Maine)
Abate (Maine)

Opening Day forward line prediction

Greer. Letieri. McLaughlin
Merkulov. Beecher. Lysell
Lauko. Koppanen. Wagner
Filipe. Hall. Brazeau

Expecting some surprises though - that’s what makes all the speculation so much fun!

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Near impossible to predict line combos and who will play top 6/9 minutes and who will be bubble guys in and out of the line-up. Take a guy like Lauko - many expected him to battle for some games in Boston. As it turned out he scored 3 goals in 50+ games, and that’s getting 1st/2nd line PP minutes all season. Comparative, Hall had 2 goals in the same amount of games but had no special teams and in many instances very limited minutes. Filipe on the other hand bounced in and out of the line-up, played limited minutes at times but still found a way to pot 7 goals. I believe Asselin potted 8 goals. I’d say on any given night you’ll have 15 forwards fighting for 12 spots in the line-up, but you’d expect these players to be routinely in the top 9 while the remaining 6 battle for spots 9-12

Lettieri
Greer
Beecher
Lysell
Merkulov
McLaughlin
Wagner
Asselin
Lauko

Koppanen
Filipe
Hall
Brazeau
Tralmaks
Voyer

Toporowski (Maine)
Abate (Maine)

Opening Day forward line prediction

Greer. Letieri. McLaughlin
Merkulov. Beecher. Lysell
Lauko. Koppanen. Wagner
Filipe. Hall. Brazeau

Expecting some surprises though - that’s what makes all the speculation so much fun!
I will stick my head in the toilet and flush it if this team rolls Merkulov out as a winger instead of a center.

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
ONLYFANS COMING RIGHT UP, you heard it here first folks!
Hahaha - he’s not responsible enough defensively to play C. Starting him on wing will be an easier adjustment - he can blow the zone, stretch the ice out and still be very offensively creative without having to be battling down low in the D-zone…IMO of course

Reactions: PlayMakers

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Deciding if I should re-up my AHLtv subscription, any chance the PBs are gonna improve the stream quality, even a tiny bit?
You can ask @Saxon Eric if he still agrees, but last year I could have sworn they did a silent upgrade of either the feed, camera or lighting. It was noticeably clearer and easier to see names on jerseys.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Merkulov/Lettieri/Lysell
Greer/McKaughlin/Lauko
Tralmarks/Beecher/Wagner
Hall/Koppanen/Brazeau
Asselin

Doesnt Merkulov play C?

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I would actually be ok with charging me a bit more to improve the feed. I turned off my auto-renew but I’ll probably sign up. At the very least the app on Roku is better to navigate now.
Yes! I appreciate how cheap it is but I wouldn’t mind paying a little more to make it a little more enjoyable.

You can ask @Saxon Eric if he still agrees, but last year I could have sworn they did a silent upgrade of either the feed, camera or lighting. It was noticeably clearer and easier to see names on jerseys.
I didn’t notice it but I’ll take your word for it. It’s probably more on the Prov end, there’s some great feeds if the teams care to improve them.

Reactions: SanDogBrewin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad