Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIX

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Does Boston have any draft picks or potential FA signings that we could see in Providence soon?
Quinn Olson if they sign him will be available shortly
I still think Duran is turning pro, the rest should stay in school
A bunch more team will be eliminated by the weekend, things should pick up then

Reactions: Raleighfern

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Kitchener OHL has free agent overage Mathew Sop. 40 goals and close to 40 assist so far this season. Kid can dangle. Not a scrapper but goes to the dirty areas to score goals. Probably end up in USports at a University if no NHL team picks him up.

Reactions: MoffatMan

Dangleittus13

Mar 21, 2020
Riley Duran, that would be an exciting add, same with Olson. Are they eligible for playoffs or only remaining regular season games?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Curious as to what you think of Harrison s potential ?
Well, I've expressed my thoughts many times before going way back in junior but will again:

Better suited on the wing than center and the only thing that will keep him from the NHL is his lack of engagement. That said, there have been enough signs of improvement as the season progressed in Providence to suggest that he is on the right path and will have to keep it going. If he does that, he will top out as a second line left winger. It's all up to how bad he wants it.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
McIsaac has some impressive numbers
Hopefully he can bring it here along with some nasty, shit blocks and crushing hits.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
P-Bruins had no business getting 1 point tonight let alone 2. For most of the game they looked like 18 guys playing together for the first time...completing passes was a challenge. Bussi made some big time saves to keep them in it and they were able to capitalize on some turnovers.
Bavaro looked OK in his first game. Made one or two nice defensive plays. He gave up a 2-on-1 on an o-zone pinch. Didn't do much offensively. Looking forward to getting more looks at him.

Reactions: neelynugs

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
No,Boston
Hall is still listed under Boston on Capfriendly -- and McIsaac is still listed under Detroit. Since it was an AHL trade and not a NHL one, I believe the NHL teams keep the rights to the players they traded. Nonetheless, Hall is a RFA at the end of the season and it seems unlikely Boston would bother bringing him back unless he shows out in Grand Rapids (though he probably wouldn't want to even come back in that case). I could be wrong so feel free to to correct me.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
I really hope they don’t sign Olson

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Well, I've expressed my thoughts many times before going way back in junior but will again:

Better suited on the wing than center and the only thing that will keep him from the NHL is his lack of engagement. That said, there have been enough signs of improvement as the season progressed in Providence to suggest that he is on the right path and will have to keep it going. If he does that, he will top out as a second line left winger. It's all up to how bad he wants it.
As a baseball fan first - I love prospect talk. Not to badger but who has a higher ceiling to you - Jellvik or Harrison ..or any other left winger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad