Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Is there a bigger disappointment on this team than Jakub Lauko?
Injuries?
Coaching?
Non callup blues?
Effort?
All the above?
-15 in 24 games on a winning team
Fix him!
You could see this was in the mail at development camp.

This has to be an organizational thing, as it happens to almost every one of them - they get to the point where they're playing well in the AHL, maybe get an NHL taste, show up the following season swinging it around like they actually accomplished something, go out and struggle in the AHL and finally, pout.

Steen was like a millimeter away from this last season. I swear that was more than half the reason they signed Froden - to give Steen someone to talk to and get him out of his own head.

I crap on him as much as anyone, but maybe Chiarelli had it right, having these kids get yelled at by Whitesides for a week and following it up with a, "You know, you might be the worst conditioned player we have," exit interview. If nothing else, it keeps them from getting swollen heads.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

This has to be an organizational thing, as it happens to almost every one of them - they get to the point where they're playing well in the AHL, maybe get an NHL taste, show up the following season swinging it around like they actually accomplished something, go out and struggle in the AHL and finally, pout.

Steen was like a millimeter away from this last season. I swear that was more than half the reason they signed Froden - to give Steen someone to talk to and get him out of his own head.

I crap on him as much as anyone, but maybe Chiarelli had it right, having these kids get yelled at by Whitesides for a week and following it up with a, "You know, you might be the worst conditioned player we have," exit interview. If nothing else, it keeps them from getting swollen heads.

I don't think young people have much patience growing up in this fast-moving world. They want everything yesterday.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

What's your opinion on Mougenel?

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
What's your opinion on Mougenel?
Too soon to tell, imo.

None of the kids he's got are "his" this season, except maybe Berglund. I think Steen and Ahcan have exhibited a sea change from last season to present, but Mougenel really hasn't had them long enough to get credit. That said, the kids called up have looked ready to play in the NHL, rather than like frightened rabbits, as had been the case far too often over the past few years.

I'm still trying to figure how he's working with the defensemen. Covid and injuries have left them icing AHL lifers too often to get much of a handle on it. I feel I should be instinctively negative, or at least looking for a negative there, but I can't really nail down why. If you put me on the spot, I'd say it doesn't seem like he's pushing them enough.

Hopefully by the middle of next season I'll be able to say something more profound than, "Uh, dunno."

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Too soon to tell, imo.

None of the kids he's got are "his" this season, except maybe Berglund. I think Steen and Ahcan have exhibited a sea change from last season to present, but Mougenel really hasn't had them long enough to get credit. That said, the kids called up have looked ready to play in the NHL, rather than like frightened rabbits, as had been the case far too often over the past few years.

I'm still trying to figure how he's working with the defensemen. Covid and injuries have left them icing AHL lifers too often to get much of a handle on it. I feel I should be instinctively negative, or at least looking for a negative there, but I can't really nail down why. If you put me on the spot, I'd say it doesn't seem like he's pushing them enough.

Hopefully by the middle of next season I'll be able to say something more profound than, "Uh, dunno."
I'm of the same thought, let's see what he does with Beecher, Lysell, Lorhei or potentially others, at present Providence is closer to a WBS or Hershey than a Bruins Academy that they were hyping over the Summer

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Is there a bigger disappointment on this team than Jakub Lauko?
Injuries?
Coaching?
Non callup blues?
Effort?
All the above?
-15 in 24 games on a winning team
Fix him!
I think it is him adjusting to the muscle gain/weight. He looks so much bigger this year than he did last year. It did also help that he got a lot of time on a line with Hughes and Senyshyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad