Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XII - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

aguineapig

Ahcan putting on a skating clinic
upload_2021-3-4_15-54-27.jpeg

Today we are going to prepare for you a puck moving free agent defenseman. The first thing is to find one from pedigree stock. A proper university is a fine place to look, size not necessarily of importance. After spending seasons growing there they shall then be brought to pasture on our farm in Providence. Proper tending shall be needed for a season, maybe less in some cases. Then once all the proper ingredients have been added marinate on low and when ready a splendid dish indeed. Ahcan du jour ala Torey.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Unless he's Sweeny's puppet and has no say over who he plays. Then he will be the coach as long as Don and Cam are in charge.

His message is what? Rask steeling games and the number one line putting the rest of the lazy forwards on their backs? Seems to me he has no impact on holding players accountable
I don’t think I’ve ever seen u say anything nice about the bruins. Are u sure you’re a fan?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Some serious Blidh love there from the coach. I wonder that he can't get an extended look on the big club on the 4th line. He comes up for a game or two, doesn't light any fires and gets sent back down. I would like to see him get more of an opportunity and see where he is after 10-12 games or so. With what Wagner is bringing to the Bruins 4th line right now it doesn't seem to be much of a risk.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I said it last year he could replace Jake and not miss a beat. Now it looks like a possibility.
excited about this kid but I`d like to see him stay healthy at the AHL level a bit more, maybe add a touch of bulk to the frame to sustain NHL players style, kid has a non stop motor and speed to burn so that`s a nice start, seems to have some solid hockey IQ as well, just like a bit more muscle on him so he doesn`t get crushed at the next level

Reactions: kjpm

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
excited about this kid but I`d like to see him stay healthy at the AHL level a bit more, maybe add a touch of bulk to the frame to sustain NHL players style, kid has a non stop motor and speed to burn so that`s a nice start, seems to have some solid hockey IQ as well, just like a bit more muscle on him so he doesn`t get crushed at the next level
I did not mean in a week or so but down the line more like next year as his heir apparent. Seny is ahead of him and Kase may be back at some point. They are probably going make a move on Jake soon. If its a rental they pick up then Lauko has a shot next year.

Reactions: ODAAT

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Some serious Blidh love there from the coach. I wonder that he can't get an extended look on the big club on the 4th line. He comes up for a game or two, doesn't light any fires and gets sent back down. I would like to see him get more of an opportunity and see where he is after 10-12 games or so. With what Wagner is bringing to the Bruins 4th line right now it doesn't seem to be much of a risk.

Someone else said this as well

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
If Wagner was in Providence and Blidh was with the big club, people here would be going on #freewagner rants. Blidh is a good AHL pest-type player, but he isn't as big or fast as Wagner, who is a good NHL pest-type player and a much better hitter. Neither is a great finisher.

Reactions: HustleB

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
If Wagner was in Providence and Blidh was with the big club, people here would be going on #freewagner rants. Blidh is a good AHL pest-type player, but he isn't as big or fast as Wagner, who is a good NHL pest-type player and a much better hitter. Neither is a great finisher.
I agree, maybe Blidh is good enough to be an NHLer, I just don't see it with the Bruins. Maybe if Bjork gets traded and we have another rash of injuries he could be serviceable for a 5 game stretch. I'd rather not see it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
said it earlier, appreciate the kids hustle, but he just doesn`t scream NHL`er to me and as much as Wags hasn`t played close to acceptable hockey, not sure Blidh would be an upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad