Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
The above might mess with my lineup
https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/ahls-financial-situation-growing-dire-because-of-covid-19/

"If you’re on a two-way contract, were cut by an NHL team and assigned to an NHL taxi squad, you hit the jackpot. Or at least you’re going to be paid 100 percent of your minor league salary. But if you’re on a two-way contract and were assigned to the AHL, well, you’re plumb out of luck.
Because not only won’t you receive so much as a penny leading up to the start of a severely truncated season set to begin on Feb. 5, once the AHL does get underway there is no telling what you will be paid on a prorated contract. There is no current agreement in force between the PHPA (Professional Hockey Players’ Association) and the league’s governing bodies."

"You do the math. If players’ pay is strictly prorated, a player on a 24-game team making $70,000 would earn the grand total of $20,487 — before taxes. Players on teams on 42-game schedules would then earn a pre-tax $35,853 that they’d shouldn’t spend in one place.
Come on, man.
And in addition, these players have not been paid since receiving their final 2019-20 paychecks in the middle of April. That’s nine months. It may be nobody’s fault, but there is a crisis consuming the bedrock of the NHL’s development and it is crushing a wave of prospects."

I like Larry, usually knows his CBA stuff and the financial part of the game, but....

1) Players with contracts to NHL clubs on loan to the AHL are paid by the NHL clubs, not AHL clubs.

2) Players with NHL contracts on loan are bound by the NHL CBA and not the AHL CBA.

So, whatever was decided in the NHL Memorandum of Understanding is what decides how players on loan get paid and not the AHL.

From the AHL CBA

It is recognized that Players who are signed to a National Hockey League (NHL) contract are bound by that contract, and the terms and conditions thereof while they are assigned to an AHL Club. It is agreed that no provision of this Agreement shall be applicable to a player playing under the NHL contract if such provision conflicts with his benefits or obligations as set forth in his NHL contract.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
I like Larry, usually knows his CBA stuff and the financial part of the game, but....

1) Players with contracts to NHL clubs on loan to the AHL are paid by the NHL clubs, not AHL clubs.

2) Players with NHL contracts on loan are bound by the NHL CBA and not the AHL CBA.

So, whatever was decided in the NHL Memorandum of Understanding is what decides how players on loan get paid and not the AHL.

From the AHL CBA

It is recognized that Players who are signed to a National Hockey League (NHL) contract are bound by that contract, and the terms and conditions thereof while they are assigned to an AHL Club. It is agreed that no provision of this Agreement shall be applicable to a player playing under the NHL contract if such provision conflicts with his benefits or obligations as set forth in his NHL contract.

Dom thanks for clarifying Brooks article.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Still a work in progress but as of today
Lauko Carey Lantosi
Woods Hughes Senyshyn
Blidh Steen Voyer
Filipe Koppanen Asselin

Wolff Vaakanainen
Ahcan Didier
Zech Kampfer
Messner,Lyle and Sheppard who can also play Forward spares
Vaakanainen sent down start of Camp
One of McKegg/Kuhlman will be sent down eventually
Shen will show when the KHL ends
Conway or Marchin???

In goal Swayman/Booth

Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Still a work in progress but as of today
Lauko Carey Lantosi
Woods Hughes Senyshyn
Blidh Steen Voyer
Filipe Asselin ??

Wolff Vaakanainen
Ahcan Didier
Zech Kampfer
Messner,Lyle and Sheppard who can also play Forward spares
Vaakanainen sent down start of Camp
One of McKegg/Kuhlman will be sent down eventually
Shen will show when the KHL ends
Conway or Marchin???

In goal Swayman/Booth

Who did Didier play with last season? Is Vaakanainen capable of playing the right side?

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Wow, odd season indeed. Looks like they're trying to get the most of all the time they have. There's no experience like actual game experience. Hope it works out.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Got word back a little while ago that I’ll be able to cover the M-Bruins this year in Marlborough. I won’t be going to all the games, mostly because I’m trying to stay home as much as possible, but I’ll certainly be at them. Should be a weird, enjoyable season with unique stories and memories.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
not Providence, but AHL Related:

Stockton is gone for good.... Calgary has transferred their affiliate as Dreger rumored to Calgary for the 2021 season

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Brady Lyle 1.JPG

The only thing I know for sure is if he makes it to the NHL with the Bruins he won't get number 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad