Providence Bruins General Discussion thread XI - Providence Bruins to play abbreviated season in Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
H. Larue Renfroe makes JJ look like Charles Feeney

Renfroe does indeed love his dollars. How’ve you been Fenian? It’s been awhile!

And also, in reference to the post you quoted, Boston also just doesn’t care about the streaming. Sweeney & Co. aren’t really involved in any of those decisions nor do they even care to be bothered. It’s unfortunate, but it’s not their job to worry about fans having an outlet to stream quality prospect games and they’re close enough to Providence where they just watch IRL.

It’s a shame, though. Providence deserves a quality feed as they’ve been at the top of the AHL food chain for years and years now.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Renfroe does indeed love his dollars. How’ve you been Fenian? It’s been awhile!

And also, in reference to the post you quoted, Boston also just doesn’t care about the streaming. Sweeney & Co. aren’t really involved in any of those decisions nor do they even care to be bothered. It’s unfortunate, but it’s not their job to worry about fans having an outlet to stream quality prospect games and they’re close enough to Providence where they just watch IRL.

It’s a shame, though. Providence deserves a quality feed as they’ve been at the top of the AHL food chain for years and years now.
I have been good, hope you have as well in this crazy year.

I remember the first year in Providence, we were treated OK, I had a season ticket rep who was helpful and while they did things that annoyed me (not announcing player scratches, some other really minor issues) as the seasons wore on that changed. My last year with a full season package was 1999 and it felt so much like the big Bruins treated their season ticket holders in the 80's and early 90's (the lovely facsimile christmas card from the team and bills for when you where due to pay were the perks) it was obvious where "fan relations" came from.

The Bruins have always treated their minor league teams as a business expense and nothing more (ask Maine Mariner fans how much they enjoyed the experience of being the Bruins farm team), a place to hopefully have some prospects reach their potential.

The P Bruins and one of the western teams (I can't remember which one) have terrible tv coverage on AHL live, I think Marlboro will be a better venue to watch a game on TV from. closer camera and already set up. I will be interested to see if the AHL forces them to have an announcer again this year.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Lauko-Hughes-Senyshyn could be a lot of fun.
I thought Senyshyn was going to be on the taxi squad but if not he has to be on the first line correct? I mean I would expect him to play in all situations and to be given every opportunity to produce offensively. I would do this because as one of our top assets on the farm we need him to be ready and confident for the call up if it comes and also to rebuild any semblance of value as a movable asset if needed. Though I question the second part of that. I mean realistically if Senyshyn led the P Bruins in goals per game this season and played a handful of games for the B’s at the same level as last years cameo or better, would he have value around the league or would he be more valuable to us as an insurance policy for injuries on RW.
Nothing would make me happier then seeing this kid succeed in Boston. I have this unreasonable belief that he can become that late blooming prototypical scoring RW. This is not from a scouting perspective but a fan perspective. I have never read anything about him and come away believing he was unwilling to put in the work or a bad teammate. I always get the impression that he is a hard working good kid and I love that. I’ll be honest though I don’t think I would look at him much differently then Hughes if he didn’t have the ire of so many Bruins fans.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lauko-Hughes-Senyshyn could be a lot of fun.

Too high in the lineup for Senyshyn with Leach behind the bench, unless he's using that as his third line. I would love to see Senyshyn in a legit role in Providence this season though. It'd be nice to see if he can actually produce when placed with players who can also produce.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Too high in the lineup for Senyshyn with Leach behind the bench, unless he's using that as his third line. I would love to see Senyshyn in a legit role in Providence this season though. It'd be nice to see if he can actually produce when placed with players who can also produce.

I don’t think Leach has will have much of a choice this year given that Frederic, Kuhlman, Studnicka, Lauzon and Zboril are all in Boston. Regardless, I think we’re going to see what the organization thinks of Senyshyn and what he’s made of this season.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/ahls-financial-situation-growing-dire-because-of-covid-19/

"If you’re on a two-way contract, were cut by an NHL team and assigned to an NHL taxi squad, you hit the jackpot. Or at least you’re going to be paid 100 percent of your minor league salary. But if you’re on a two-way contract and were assigned to the AHL, well, you’re plumb out of luck.
Because not only won’t you receive so much as a penny leading up to the start of a severely truncated season set to begin on Feb. 5, once the AHL does get underway there is no telling what you will be paid on a prorated contract. There is no current agreement in force between the PHPA (Professional Hockey Players’ Association) and the league’s governing bodies."

"You do the math. If players’ pay is strictly prorated, a player on a 24-game team making $70,000 would earn the grand total of $20,487 — before taxes. Players on teams on 42-game schedules would then earn a pre-tax $35,853 that they’d shouldn’t spend in one place.
Come on, man.
And in addition, these players have not been paid since receiving their final 2019-20 paychecks in the middle of April. That’s nine months. It may be nobody’s fault, but there is a crisis consuming the bedrock of the NHL’s development and it is crushing a wave of prospects."

Reactions: Saxon Eric
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad