Providence Bruins General Discussion thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNetwork

I almost feel bad for Senyshyn at this point. 5 SOG yesterday, playing and skating hard, looks confident. But at the end of the day: 0 points, -1 and whiffed on an open net. He's got 3 points in 20 AHL games and is -5 on the season. He passes the eye test but without the numbers, do we really expect him to be called up?

Yes, especially when this team preaches earning your way. He already earned his recall and crushed it, in my opinion. His points in the NHL were much better than his points in the AHL.

Yes, he should have had 2-3 points this weekend, but the fact he’s generating these chances on the fourth-line with Woods is still very encouraging. He’s been generating far more chances since his return than before— all while playing on the fourth-line.

Reactions: Estlin and ODAAT

Top Shelf Wrister

Jan 16, 2017
Yes, especially when this team preaches earning your way. He already earned his recall and crushed it, in my opinion. His points in the NHL were much better than his points in the AHL.

Yes, he should have had 2-3 points this weekend, but the fact he’s generating these chances on the fourth-line with Woods is still very encouraging. He’s been generating far more chances since his return than before— all while playing on the fourth-line.
That recall was the final straw for me. Kid is ready for that 3rd line with coyle and Bjork. Move Coyle to 2C with debrusk after Krecji retires and have Capt. Jack run wild with ZS and Bjork on the 3rd

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
They win???

I like the progression every year under Sweeney. First year DNQ by a tie breaker, next year first round, following year second round, last year SCF. Signed a bunch of key players to below market deals and has built another contender that should do well again in the playoffs.

With that said, some tweaks are needed if the team is to get that missing 2nd Cup in the Chara/Bergeron era.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I like the progression every year under Sweeney. First year DNQ by a tie breaker, next year first round, following year second round, last year SCF. Signed a bunch of key players to below market deals and has built another contender that should do well again in the playoffs.

With that said, some tweaks are needed if the team is to get that missing 2nd Cup in the Chara/Bergeron era.
The fact that we are 5 years into Sweeney's regime and they still don't have a 2RW is maddening. I'm not a huge fan but I'm not saying he has done a terrible job, he has been good but with some really annoying, glaring blind spots.

Reactions: Tbaybruin

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The fact that we are 5 years into Sweeney's regime and they still don't have a 2RW is maddening. I'm not a huge fan but I'm not saying he has done a terrible job, he has been good but with some really annoying, glaring blind spots.

I think part of it is the expectation or hope for one of the kids to step up and take it, less for roster reasons and more for cap reasons now and moving forward. The Backes contract is hamstringing any meaningful moves they can make and I think Sweeney is unwilling to package Backes with the 1st round pick to move him.

Reactions: Blowfish

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think part of it is the expectation or hope for one of the kids to step up and take it, less for roster reasons and more for cap reasons now and moving forward. The Backes contract is hamstringing any meaningful moves they can make and I think Sweeney is unwilling to package Backes with the 1st round pick to move him.
at what point does Backes go to Sweeney and request to be moved? Flip side, is there a team out there that wants him?

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
at what point does Backes go to Sweeney and request to be moved? Flip side, is there a team out there that wants him?
I don't know if he does, he wants a cup and may be content being a 14th forward on a contender.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
This one I thought about, I like Nordstrom, like his speed and he has some grit. I want Studnicka, Frederic and Senyshyn up to do that you have to clear some space, it was either Nordstrom, Kuraly or Wagner to go with Lindholm and Ritchie. Backes is unrealistic to send down, isn't going to happen so I picked Nordstrom, should probably be Kuraly based on play this year as he has struggled.

Bottom six I would roll
Bjork-Coyle-Senyshyn
Frederic-Studnicka-Wagner

At least give it a look and see how it does. Grit in Frederic and Wagner, Speed in Bjork and Senyshyn and Studnicka may be ready, break him in on the fourth line, he has some grit and sneaky dirty to his game and is a good penalty killer and sound defensively.

You could upgrade Senyshyn in a trade but Sweeney seems to have a mental block in acquiring RW's with skill and grit or skill or grit.
Solid reasoning. Send Backes down. Sweeney has to do it. It’s not Sweeney’s fault the guys done. After a taste of the AHL the guy might want to get traded

Reactions: bbfan419

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Thank You

I watched him last week and thought the same

I’m looking at
A. Not putting him in the Palmeiri or Kreider deal or any deal
B. Focused on him next season with Kuhlman & Wagner for those bottom 2 RW spots but on the big club
Really? Very surprised to hear this. My dream is to trade Senny and Zaboril in the same deal and win the cup. This way I can forget the 2015 draft and dream about our 2020 cup for many years

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I watch Senyshyn and I like what I see. I personally would try to keep him out of deals.
while I wouldn`t block a trade involving a piece that fills a need for the B`s and makes them better by not including Seny, I think we have a late bloomer on our hands here and Seny has the potential to be a part of the big club very soon. Not 100% why he hasn`t gotten called back up, seems like one of those players who is more effective at the NHL level than the AHL level

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I don't know if he does, he wants a cup and may be content being a 14th forward on a contender.
I would say he is the 15th forward according to how Cassidy gives out games. Ritchie and Lindholm are ahead of him and soon Kulhman and another kid will pass him, be it Frederic or Seny.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I can't say what I want to say to this. I'll leave it at LOL.

Funny thing is that I’m currently writing an investigative report on if chiarelli was a better talent evaluator at the draft then sweeney has been. I don’t know what conclusions I’ll draw yet. But my guess is don will have unfavorable marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad