Providence Bruins General Discussion thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
I believe he still only has an AHL deal but Lantosi is slowly creeping into "I wonder how he'd look on Krejci's wing?" territory for me. His skill and speed have stood out the last few weeks in Providence.

Conversely I was a big Gaunce fan early in the season but his play has fallen off recently.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Steen 5 pts in last 5 games.

His first season in SEL was slow too, next one was much better.

He's still only 21.

Lantosi - nice find.

Reactions: TCB

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Thats interesting. Easy to overlook Lantosi from afar because his age, but he's still younger than Cehlarik. Pretty comparable counting stats this year too.

Hate to hear that with his history. Hopefully nothing serious
He took a heavy hit center ice what I thought was the first period ,i didn't see any head contact but it was a very physical game with lots of high sticks,we'll have to wait and see

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
They’re prioritizing development over combinations and sacrificing production. I don’t always agree with Leach, but look at the guys who have come up and performed or looked like they belong. He’s a good developmental coach and it’s tough to find a balance between wanting to win and get an NHL gig, but also having Boston tell your what they want these guys worked on with, I’m sure.
You most likely right, but I think they are wasting Senyshen and using him the wrong way.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They’re prioritizing development over combinations and sacrificing production. I don’t always agree with Leach, but look at the guys who have come up and performed or looked like they belong. He’s a good developmental coach and it’s tough to find a balance between wanting to win and get an NHL gig, but also having Boston tell your what they want these guys worked on with, I’m sure.

I totally understand the development aspect, also understand that Seny was essentially a one trick pony when he arrived in Providence and the coaching staff (and Seny) have seemingly worked exceptionally hard to round out his 200 ft game, got it however, at this stage, to continue to keep him buried on the 4th line, to me seems counter productive, I also don`t want an offensively capable player learning to be a defensive one dimensional player.

I dunno, I see a guy like Fitzy on the 1st line and last time I looked, wasn`t like his number being called when injuries occur on the big club. I don`t think Seny is or has now been transformed into a finished product (keeping in mind I only get to read what you guys/gals say here) but I`m tired of reading lineups with his name on the 4th line

Reactions: Blowfish

BruinsNetwork

You most likely right, but I think they are wasting Senyshen and using him the wrong way.

Trust me, they aren’t wasting him. He’s not even 23 yet and he literally had zero elements of a two-way game when he arrived. In about a three-year span he literally learned how to become a completely different hockey player because he’s playing in the bottom-six.

Are they wasting his talent for the sake of more production on the roster? Probably, but it’s the AHL— who really cares? The fans and national media who don’t watch, yet comment on potential and what these guys are? Not saying that’s you, but the AHL is a developmental tool and it’s better to have Senyshyn play bottom-six down there instead of coming into Boston and having to be sent down repeatedly.

The Bruins are making it so that Senyshyn can play anywhere in Boston and not have to be returned because he isn’t ready— opposite of Donato or JFK. It’s paying off because he’s playing very well and we saw the traits in Boston.

I totally understand the development aspect, also understand that Seny was essentially a one trick pony when he arrived in Providence and the coaching staff (and Seny) have seemingly worked exceptionally hard to round out his 200 ft game, got it however, at this stage, to continue to keep him buried on the 4th line, to me seems counter productive, I also don`t want an offensively capable player learning to be a defensive one dimensional player.

I dunno, I see a guy like Fitzy on the 1st line and last time I looked, wasn`t like his number being called when injuries occur on the big club. I don`t think Seny is or has now been transformed into a finished product (keeping in mind I only get to read what you guys/gals say here) but I`m tired of reading lineups with his name on the 4th line

I’m not a Fitzgerald guy and frankly don’t see how or why he’s in the top-six, so I’m with you. Doesn’t mean Senyshyn isn’t developing or still learning his own things in his own environment.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Trust me, they aren’t wasting him. He’s not even 23 yet and he literally had zero elements of a two-way game when he arrived. In about a three-year span he literally learned how to become a completely different hockey player because he’s playing in the bottom-six.

Are they wasting his talent for the sake of more production on the roster? Probably, but it’s the AHL— who really cares? The fans and national media who don’t watch, yet comment on potential and what these guys are? Not saying that’s you, but the AHL is a developmental tool and it’s better to have Senyshyn play bottom-six down there instead of coming into Boston and having to be sent down repeatedly.

The Bruins are making it so that Senyshyn can play anywhere in Boston and not have to be returned because he isn’t ready— opposite of Donato or JFK. It’s paying off because he’s playing very well and we saw the traits in Boston.

I’m not a Fitzgerald guy and frankly don’t see how or why he’s in the top-six, so I’m with you. Doesn’t mean Senyshyn isn’t developing or still learning his own things in his own environment.
don`t disagree with continued development but just have to think might not be a bad thing to give the kid a sniff of some top 6 opportunities, unlike many here, I`ve long been AOK and patient with prospects, not nearly as quick as some to exclaim they have no future at age ____________

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

Senyshen looked pretty good when called up to the NH before he got hurt , unfortunate for him. I hope he gets a chance to show what he can do in a top 6 role for a few games anyway. I just don't see Fitzgerald as a top line guy, to me he is a 4th liner.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I get the development part, but at what point do you lean on the kid to be a guy you rely on for offense, while also being defensively responsible....aka exactly what this team needs as a #2RW...aka what they do with Studnicka.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Is this a new development technique the Bruins are trying? I don't recall other high end picks being played on a 4th line three years into their pro careers by design. Less ice time is better?

If he really had zero elements of a two-way game, did Bruins brass really think he had that much of an offensive game that he was worth a shot with a first round pick?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Is this a new development technique the Bruins are trying? I don't recall other high end picks being played on a 4th line three years into their pro careers by design. Less ice time is better?

If he really had zero elements of a two-way game, did Bruins brass really think he had that much of an offensive game that he was worth a shot with a first round pick?

And if so - has he lost some of the offensive potential as he plays a different role? The offense required to be a top six winger?

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsNetwork

Listen, I’m not going to continuously type out why he’s playing where he is— I’ve said it a million times, as has the coach and player himself. If you don’t agree with it or don’t want to accept it, then that’s your prerogative.

To the second part, the Hounds used him in a role where he had one instruction— take the puck and go score. That’s it. To the credit of the Bruins’ brass, he potted 40G in back-to-back seasons after being drafted, so I’d say he proved his first-round worth then.

Anyways, people don’t have an open mind with this player or anyone from that draft class, so I don’t think these attempts of my reasoning are going to get us very far anyways.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Anyways, people don’t have an open mind with this player or anyone from that draft class, so I don’t think these attempts of my reasoning are going to get us very far anyways.

If he turns into Chris Kreider, who so many here are pining for, and for who Senyshyn makes a decent comparable (and who also didn't really break out till 22 or 23), it still won't be good enough because of who could have been taken. It's sad because we have a nice prospect in Senyshyn who is big, fast, not afraid to go to dirty areas, and has a good shot.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Listen, I’m not going to continuously type out why he’s playing where he is— I’ve said it a million times, as has the coach and player himself. If you don’t agree with it or don’t want to accept it, then that’s your prerogative.

To the second part, the Hounds used him in a role where he had one instruction— take the puck and go score. That’s it. To the credit of the Bruins’ brass, he potted 40G in back-to-back seasons after being drafted, so I’d say he proved his first-round worth then.

I guess I'm just new to this Sens development strategy.

If you've been over it a million times, sorry I asked. I was unaware.

But please don't assume I'm not open minded simply because I question the manner a player is developed that I've never encountered before.

Reactions: bbfan419

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016

I know the Bruins didn’t expect to make 3 strait picks on draft day but they took a guy with these issues in junior. Doesn’t look good on the management does it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I know the Bruins didn’t expect to make 3 strait picks on draft day but they took a guy with these issues in junior. Doesn’t look good on the management does it.

the tool set doesn’t grow on trees and they knew he was a project going into it. I think I remember seeing rumors of the wings being interested at 18.

obviously there have been more productive players from that draft at this point but if Senyshyn can become a big, speedy middle 6 winger then that’s a win. I think he can be, he looks good whenever he’s up

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
the tool set doesn’t grow on trees and they knew he was a project going into it. I think I remember seeing rumors of the wings being interested at 18.

obviously there have been more productive players from that draft at this point but if Senyshyn can become a big, speedy middle 6 winger then that’s a win. I think he can be, he looks good whenever he’s up
Yes at 18 with the assumption that the big boys were off the board. No one liked the pick when it was taken. Knowing what we know no one likes it now

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Folk keep saying he's big...

He isn't all that big.

Last edited:

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If he turns into Chris Kreider, who so many here are pining for, and for who Senyshyn makes a decent comparable (and who also didn't really break out till 22 or 23), it still won't be good enough because of who could have been taken. It's sad because we have a nice prospect in Senyshyn who is big, fast, not afraid to go to dirty areas, and has a good shot.
If he turns into a Chris Kreider type I will be very happy with that.

Reactions: Dr Hook and JCRO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad