Providence Bruins General Discussion thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I think the Senyshyn and Kreider thing needs to go away. They aren't similar players. At the end of the day, I really don't like the player comparison stuff, but I think Senyshyn has some Max Pacioretty in his game, more-so than Kreider.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I think the Senyshyn and Kreider thing needs to go away. They aren't similar players. At the end of the day, I really don't like the player comparison stuff, but I think Senyshyn has some Max Pacioretty in his game, more-so than Kreider.

Really???

So what do you see that tells you this? What exactly in his game reminds of one of the top pure goal scorers in todays NHL?

Pacioretty is on his way to his 6th 30 goal season a level Kreider has yet to reach once. so what is it that makes you see Pacioretty being a much better comparison than Kreider when it comes to Senyshyn. :huh:

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Really???

So what do you see that tells you this? What exactly in his game reminds of one of the top pure goal scorers in todays NHL?

Pacioretty is on his way to his 6th 30 goal season a level Kreider has yet to reach once. so what is it that makes you see Pacioretty being a much better comparison than Kreider when it comes to Senyshyn. :huh:

You're looking too much into what I said. I'm not saying that Senyshyn will be a Pacioretty. It's how they both play the game. They're both 6'2'' 200 lbs. and great speed. They're both guys who use their speed and get in on odd-man rushes, and can get behind defenseman. They also can play that net-front on the PP and score in close.

But I know you like to counter me with pretty much every response so this is not surprising you took what I said and turned it into something it's not. Is Senyshyn going to score 30 goals? Who knows. I'd guess not at this point. I'm not saying he's the next Pacioretty. It's a style-comparison only.

He's more like a Pacioretty type player than a Kreider type player. Chris Kreider is a power-winger. That is not Senyshyn.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Yet, Senyshyn himself modelled his play after Chris Kreider:

He has faced up to the challenge of his draft position, hasn’t turned away from the spotlight. He seems a player up for any test.

Maybe that’s evident in the video Senyshyn posted on Instagram a year ago, replicating a video posted by Rangers left wing and Boxford native Chris Kreider last summer. Kreider — whose game Senyshyn often compares his own to — is able to jump out of a pool on to the deck from a standing position with no use of his hands.

So can Senyshyn.

“I saw Chris Kreider do it on YouTube, and I’ve always been a pretty explosive kid and it was something my buddies showed me one day in the summer,” Senyshyn said. “It took me a couple goes. I was a little bit nervous off the first one, but it didn’t take me too long.

“I’ve always kind of looked up to Chris Kreider, a really explosive guy in the NHL that I model my game after a little bit. It was cool to try and nice to be able to show my explosiveness out there.”

Source: Bruins’ pick Zachary Senyshyn out to prove his worth - The Boston Globe.

Others had made the same comparison: Prospect of Interest: Zachary Senyshyn - Sportsnet.ca.

If Zach turns out to be like Kreider as a player, that will be a win for Boston.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yet, Senyshyn himself modelled his play after Chris Kreider:

He has faced up to the challenge of his draft position, hasn’t turned away from the spotlight. He seems a player up for any test.

Maybe that’s evident in the video Senyshyn posted on Instagram a year ago, replicating a video posted by Rangers left wing and Boxford native Chris Kreider last summer. Kreider — whose game Senyshyn often compares his own to — is able to jump out of a pool on to the deck from a standing position with no use of his hands.

So can Senyshyn.

“I saw Chris Kreider do it on YouTube, and I’ve always been a pretty explosive kid and it was something my buddies showed me one day in the summer,” Senyshyn said. “It took me a couple goes. I was a little bit nervous off the first one, but it didn’t take me too long.

“I’ve always kind of looked up to Chris Kreider, a really explosive guy in the NHL that I model my game after a little bit. It was cool to try and nice to be able to show my explosiveness out there.”

Source: Bruins’ pick Zachary Senyshyn out to prove his worth - The Boston Globe.

Others had made the same comparison: Prospect of Interest: Zachary Senyshyn - Sportsnet.ca.

If Zach turns out to be like Kreider as a player, that will be a win for Boston.

They definitely have the speed/size aspect in common but I don't see how he can be a Kreider style player when he lacks that physical game that Kreider has. That's a huge part of what Kreider brings to the table.

Reactions: Estlin

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Is it possible if the Bruins won the cup last year some of these kids would be in the NHL this season?

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Yet, Senyshyn — is able to jump out of a pool on to the deck from a standing position with no use of his hands.

I can do that too. Of course it's one of those 4 or 5 foot wide blue plastic kiddie pools you see for sale at Walmart ... but hey, it still a pool.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I can do that too. Of course it's one of those 4 or 5 foot wide blue plastic kiddie pools you see for sale at Walmart ... but hey, it still a pool.

Just the other day I jumped out of a rain puddle onto the dry sidwalk. It was both exhilarating and impressive.

Reactions: bme44 and GoBs

YouTakeTheVan

Feb 6, 2017
Keep in mind Zech is in his age 20 season (recently turned 21), a full two years younger than Grzelcyk was in his first year at Providence.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They definitely have the speed/size aspect in common but I don't see how he can be a Kreider style player when he lacks that physical game that Kreider has. That's a huge part of what Kreider brings to the table.

While he wasn`t a bruiser by any stretch, I was pleasantly surprised with the absence of hesitation when going into the corners or front of the net Seny showed in his brief call up. Personally I think he`ll be one of those players whose game will prove to be more effective at the NHL level than the AHL level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad