Providence Bruins General Discussion thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I really like Lauzon as a player

However if they don’t think he’s going to develop offensively maybe you think about capitalizing on his ascending value in a deal for a non-rental. It’s a position of strength after all and he’s putting on quite an audition

I don’t move him personally because I think he’s bringing a different dimension to the defense but it’s food for thought. I can guarantee other teams are taking note of him.

Not sure I would move him as he should replace Miller next year as he will be done here. Moore should be traded, opening the door for Zboril. We still have Kampfer who has actually played good this year. The dee core will be changed in a few years and Mac, Vaak, Carlo, Lauzon and Zboril will be the guys with Krug.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

ya know, I don`t have the luxury of watching the PB`s but for just a weekend, sure be nice to see that name Senyshyn on a line on the top 6. I get it, they have worked hard with him to develop his overall game, well, that seems to be something he has improved vastly on, enough is enough, is Fitzy still a prospect the B`s are high on cuz he sure hasn`t been the first one tapped for a call up when injuries have occurred so how about pushing Seny up to that top line, give him some offensive minded guys to play with?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Not sure I would move him as he should replace Miller next year as he will be done here. Moore should be traded, opening the door for Zboril. We still have Kampfer who has actually played good this year. The dee core will be changed in a few years and Mac, Vaak, Carlo, Lauzon and Zboril will be the guys with Krug.

None of Vaak, Lauzon, or Zboril is in any position to knock Grizz off the roster at this point. That said, someone will have to go. Lauzon should not see another game in the AHL. He looks good on the right, so leave him there, Cliffy can be 7th D, Chara will be gone at some point, so there is a spot for whichever of Zboril or Vaak is good to go. Agree Moore should be gone, Kampfer makes a good emergency spare, and Miller being done after this year regardless of whether he makes it back.

I am looking at something like:

Gryz-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Vaak/Zboril-Lauzon
Clifton

In a couple of years, though clearly there are some question marks.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
None of Vaak, Lauzon, or Zboril is in any position to knock Grizz off the roster at this point. That said, someone will have to go. Lauzon should not see another game in the AHL. He looks good on the right, so leave him there, Cliffy can be 7th D, Chara will be gone at some point, so there is a spot for whichever of Zboril or Vaak is good to go. Agree Moore should be gone, Kampfer makes a good emergency spare, and Miller being done after this year regardless of whether he makes it back.

I am looking at something like:

Gryz-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Vaak/Zboril-Lauzon
Clifton

In a couple of years, though clearly there are some question marks.

I was saying the core in a few years when Zee, Miller and Moore are gone, not next year. I would bring in Lauzon full time next year though and maybe Zboril, Vaak is still a few years away, still not sold on him totally.

I expect to lose Grizz or Cliffy to Seattle which sucks. Be awesome if they choose Moore but I would rather include him in a deal this year. Even for a 3rd round pick straight up and bank that.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Tell me who's coming our way
For someone like Eichel everyone is fair game,for a rental Lauko, Frederic, Vaakanainen are untouchables
For someone in Palmieri's class I'd balance it with a draft pick so for a first rounder they're not getting Lauko too but for a second then Lauko is back in the mix

For Eichel you do what it takes...

I agree with what you posted.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
ya know, I don`t have the luxury of watching the PB`s but for just a weekend, sure be nice to see that name Senyshyn on a line on the top 6. I get it, they have worked hard with him to develop his overall game, well, that seems to be something he has improved vastly on, enough is enough, is Fitzy still a prospect the B`s are high on cuz he sure hasn`t been the first one tapped for a call up when injuries have occurred so how about pushing Seny up to that top line, give him some offensive minded guys to play with?
I am not sure what the heck Leach is doing with this team, he is a horrible coach, how can you put someone like Fitzgerald on the top line he is 4th or maybe 3rd line type of guy and Senyshen with the right line mates I think he would shine, put him with Stud and see how it goes.

BruinsNetwork

I am not sure what the heck Leach is doing with this team, he is a horrible coach, how can you put someone like Fitzgerald on the top line he is 4th or maybe 3rd line type of guy and Senyshen with the right line mates I think he would shine, put him with Stud and see how it goes.

They’re prioritizing development over combinations and sacrificing production. I don’t always agree with Leach, but look at the guys who have come up and performed or looked like they belong. He’s a good developmental coach and it’s tough to find a balance between wanting to win and get an NHL gig, but also having Boston tell your what they want these guys worked on with, I’m sure.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
They’re prioritizing development over combinations and sacrificing production. I don’t always agree with Leach, but look at the guys who have come up and performed or looked like they belong. He’s a good developmental coach and it’s tough to find a balance between wanting to win and get an NHL gig, but also having Boston tell your what they want these guys worked on with, I’m sure.

I prefer this approach to coaching development however confidence is also needed. I wonder if it impacts the psyche of some players when it comes to creativity.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Syracuse coach throwing his team under the bus during the pre game
This is so good

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
After 1
Bruins 1
Crunch 0

Best period in weeks from Vaakanainen
Providence started strong and then went on cruise control and Syracuse took over
Good physical period
I'm sticking with this game tonight

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad