Providence Bruins General Discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Some of the revisionist history. I like Josh Dobbs. He's an extremely bright young man and a good athlete, but he didn't show anything that should make anyone believe he is going to be an NFL starter. He should get on to having a very successful engineering career soon

Mason on the other hand showed some tools, but is clearly messed up right now and shouldn't be on a field. He has never been the same guy post concussion, and getting pummeled on a regular basis the past few weeks certainly isn't helping. I still think he can be at least a quality backup

Duck moves better in the pocket, and isn't shellshocked right now, but also isn't anything resembling a long term option

Lol I think you may be in the wrong thread

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Goes without saying huge weekend for the team grabbing 5 out of 6 points
Top prospects showed well with Studnicka, Vaakanainen,TFred and Fitzgerald leading the way
Lauko didn't play tonight but was good Friday and Saturday
Only concern is Steen,his game is in decline
Next game Wednesday night in Hershey

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Goes without saying huge weekend for the team grabbing 5 out of 6 points
Top prospects showed well with Studnicka, Vaakanainen,TFred and Fitzgerald leading the way
Lauko didn't play tonight but was good Friday and Saturday
Only concern is Steen,his game is in decline
Next game Wednesday night in Hershey

Should be a good one with both teams rested. There was some hate tonight.

Definitely not impressed with Steen in the games I've seen which is disappointing. Hope he finds it soon.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Went to Saturday’s game. It seemed like the team was tired the first two periods. Legace was scarey. in terms of his reaction to the play. Seemed behind and slow. They finally woke up in the third. Nobody stood out to me. The D was very steady though. The three of Vac, Zboril, and Louzon were very confident in there game. The forwards were hot and cold. Was waiting for somebody to catch my eye. Maybe my kids and their friends were distracting me too much.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Good to see Stud get a call. Hopefully he is up on the wing with Coyle. Gaunce can play 3rd line center or reverse it. They should both be on the 2nd and 3rd lines with Bergy and oft injured Ritchie out yet again. Unless Cassidy moves Wags up and Gaunce goes to the 4th line, kind of a waste, rather see him use his skillset.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
First period
Frederic got nailed up high,Woods went right after the Hershey player
Later on Frederic buried a Hershey player
Power play Petrovic coughed one up and then is called for a penalty shot but Lagace save
TFred nailed another Bear in open ice
Good physical period by both teams
After 1
Hershey 1
Providence 0

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Period 2
Vaakanainen overwhelmed in the neutral zone by 2 Bears and its 2-0
Ensuing faceoff Bears enter the zone easily and then have terrible d zone coverage and it's 3-0
That escalated quickly...
Lagace still making saves though
Woods makes it 3-1,nice feed from TFred
Koppanen then scores a bad angle shot 3-2,good effort by the Finn to not quit on the play
4-2,long wristshot from the blueline,soft
Player of the week Urho Vaakanainen makes it 4-3,PP goal,kid can rip it
5-3 Hershey, again poor coverage in front,Providence D seems mesmerized by movement
Frederic looses his cool with a retaliation penalty
After 2 5-3 Hershey

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
So finished watching the game. Vaakanainen is on another level with this production lately and looks so much better after his NHL stint.

I liked Frederic again today. Physical. Beautiful pass on Woods goal. Didn't mind his penalty as Lewington is a total wuss.

Nice to see Lauko and Steen contribute.

Continue to be impressed with Zboril. I just find his game is so steady now.

Excellent team win. Down a lot in this game but battled all night for the hard earned 2 points.

Reactions: PepeBostones

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
3rd
Paul Carey wrap around makes it 5-4
Urho Orr dangerous every rush up ice,the call up did wonders for his confidence
Lauko hits the afterburners and blows around the D its 5-5,kid is special
Seconds later Steen winds up and smokes it past the Hershey goalie for a 6-5 Providence lead
6-6, woeful defending
End 3
OT
Lagace stunning save
Carey stoned on a breakaway
To the shootout
Lantosi scores, nice move
Fitzgerald hits the post
Lauko wins it

What a game!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Period 2
Vaakanainen overwhelmed in the neutral zone by 2 Bears and its 2-0
Ensuing faceoff Bears enter the zone easily and then have terrible d zone coverage and it's 3-0
That escalated quickly...
Lagace still making saves though
Woods makes it 3-1,nice feed from TFred
Koppanen then scores a bad angle shot 3-2,good effort by the Finn to not quit on the play
4-2,long wristshot from the blueline,soft
Player of the week Urho Vaakanainen makes it 4-3,PP goal,kid can rip it
5-3 Hershey, again poor coverage in front,Providence D seems mesmerized by movement
Frederic looses his cool with a retaliation penalty
After 2 5-3 Hershey

What's your take on Koppanen? He's a guy who doesn't get much press around here, kind of a forgotten prospect which is unusual considering he's in Providence. Is there anything there?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
@Saxon Eric now that bjork has made it, lauko is my next focus. gonna be a fan favorite.

Can the kid play RW? He'll be hard pressed to make it on a scoring line with Marchand, DeBrusk, and Heinen all in front of him ( as well as Bjork who has to play his off wing ) on the left side.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Can the kid play RW? He'll be hard pressed to make it on a scoring line with Marchand, DeBrusk, and Heinen all in front of him ( as well as Bjork who has to play his off wing ) on the left side.
He's been on the RW last few games

Reactions: PB37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad