Providence Bruins General Discussion thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Good old time hockey game. Nice to see Woods do what he should have been doing all season. Frederic involved all night (and last night), Studnicka is ready but another month in Providence won't hurt him. Put him with Senyshyn when he gets back.

Really looking forward to the number of games between these two teams in January.

Reactions: DKH

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Frederic is heating up with 5 points in his last 3 games since being moved back to center.
TFred had his coming out party this weekend, completely dominant power forward type stuff though interestingly enough he was playing Center,not sure how long they can keep him and Studnicka down at the farm
It's possible these 2 plus a healthy Senyshyn plug all the holes on the parent team
Just saying..

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
TFred had his coming out party this weekend, completely dominant power forward type stuff though interestingly enough he was playing Center,not sure how long they can keep him and Studnicka down at the farm
It's possible these 2 plus a healthy Senyshyn plug all the holes on the parent team
Just saying..

That is always the preferred scenario rather than giving away players/picks.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Just saying..

i would say that's a legitimate possibility for next year, but can't see them banking
on that for this season. load up, make a run now, and plug those guys in full-time
for 2020-21.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just saying..
you sayin` Backes/Lindholm and Ritchie don`t plug those holes?:laugh::sarcasm:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I
Invisible, like all of Springfield, hockey-wise. I was stunned to see such a dirty hit from Tommy Cross. Never would have expected that from him. The Dunk was pretty empty, due to the Pats game, so my son and I were able to sit at center ice about six rows up. My son is six and couldn't stop chirping Jayce Hawryluk in the penalty box. It was hilarious, because his insults were so mild.

That guy was an idiot. It’s been a long time since I saw a player challenge fans in the stands. As soon as he got out of the box he skated the bench and had nothing to say anymore.

Also, **** Paul Thompson.

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I

That guy was an idiot. It’s been a long time since I saw a player challenge fans in the stands. As soon as he got out of the box he skated the bench and had nothing to say anymore.

Also, **** Paul Thompson.
I'd take Paul Thompson over Lindholm or Ritchie.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I’m thinking he’s in their plan as 3rd line center and Coyle up at RW

long term Coyle will be C & Studnicka as well

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pasta

DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Coyle

Bjork -- Stud -- Senyshyn

Heinen -- Kuraly -- Wagner

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Based on what?
Compared to Ritchie more aggressive and better skater, Lindholm I have no use for, they have Heinen, Bjork, Kuraly and Nordstrom for defensive forwards in the bottom 6, both Lindholm and Ritchie will probably end up in Providence and Thompson has been a consistent 20-25 goal scorer in the AHL for the last 5 years, never translated to the NHL. He has also been an alternate captain or captain the last 4 years.
I will take his energy over Ritchie, who if he put in an effort every night would be a much better player, and Lindholm who is an offensive black hole.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
i would say that's a legitimate possibility for next year, but can't see them banking
on that for this season. load up, make a run now, and plug those guys in full-time
for 2020-21.
That's the conventional wisdom, I'm leaning towards building up the younger core now,the older guys had their shot last year and blew it,actually lots of similarities between 2013 game 6 and 2019 game 7,many of the faces were the same,old saying goes fool me once shame on you,fool me twice shame on me
Publically management and ownership say the right things about the aging core group but Backes is still here with his contract holding us hostage and the RW position is still unfilled,just makes you wonder maybe promotion from within plus possible bargain bin shopping is the way to go?
What they do with an unsigned Krug at the deadline will be interesting

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
That's the conventional wisdom, I'm leaning towards building up the younger core now,the older guys had their shot last year and blew it,actually lots of similarities between 2013 game 6 and 2019 game 7,many of the faces were the same,old saying goes fool me once shame on you,fool me twice shame on me
Publically management and ownership say the right things about the aging core group but Backes is still here with his contract holding us hostage and the RW position is still unfilled,just makes you wonder maybe promotion from within plus possible bargain bin shopping is the way to go?
What they do with an unsigned Krug at the deadline will be interesting

I'm of the opinion that Boston's last chance to win the Stanley Cup with the current core was last season–and, as you say, the team blew it. So, it's probably time to begin to move on, so why not let Senyshyn and Studnicka loose and have them in Boston regularly? (There may be cap/expansion draft factors at play, though.) The former looked fine before he got injured, while the latter appears to be dominating in Providence. As for Krug, he would fetch a great haul at the trade deadline, but I suspect that Boston will keep him for another SC run and let him walk in the off season (along with Chara).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad