General Discussion (Team/Player/Trade Rumors/Speculation/News), Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
The funniest part is that I actually think the overreaction is the other way. Just because we're upset that Urbom is gone for nothing doesn't mean we think he's some sort of HOF D-Man - or that he's even going to be any good ever.

yeah, exactly. I can live with urbom being gone, but to lose him for absolutely nothing is just poor asset management, especially considering the exponential effect of not ditching volch. but of course the **** around gang has to spin it

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
So my dad and I will be going to the home opener tomorrow. Can someone suggest some bars/restaurants to hit up before the game around the arena? Good food hopefully.

DustersAnonymous

Let the Larsson Play
Apr 26, 2013
New Jersey
^^^ I second that. In the past I've been one to drink on the train ride into Newark Penn but the g/f is tagging along for the game tomorrow so I've elected to class it up a bit but unsure of the surrounding venues.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Of the places suggested, any idea which has the best pregame specials if any?

Dino and it's not even close. Just arrive by at least 5:30 if you want to see the puck drop.

Joe's is a chain. What Carraba's is to Olive Garden, Joe's is to Red Lobster.

Edison, Brick City, and Loft are all the same frozen, precooked crap (Sysco/US Foods) every other sports bar in the tri-state area serves. Which is fine in a pinch I guess.

I've only had the burger at Hells and it was dismal.

If cash is a concern your best bet is to get a pastrami sandwich at Hobby's and head to one of these places for a drink afterwards as they are all fine pregaming/postgaming establishments. Except Edison, screw that place.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens

School

Jun 13, 2008
im not sure if this was talked about but Matt Moulson is a ufa after this year and i would love to add him to our top 6. what do you all think? i love him as a player think he would be a great fit.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I'd be alright with Moulson, but I want NJ to go after top end talent this UFA (if any is available). Moulson is another solid 25-30 goal guy

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I'd be alright with Moulson, but I want NJ to go after top end talent this UFA (if any is available). Moulson is another solid 25-30 goal guy

Yea top talent like Phil Kessell..... Crap. okay what about Jason Pominville.... Damnit. Well the Sedin twins havent signed anything yet ...... :sarcasm:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I love how everyone thinks getting rid of Volchenkov is some easy process that Lou hasnt looked into. Most teams do not send large contracts to the AHL and nobody wants a defenseman who is extremely one dimensional, a poor skater, and has a large amount of both years and actual dollars left. Regardless, for my money I wouldve put Gionta on waivers. 10X out of 10 as a matter of fact.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Think Vanek would be the only one available but Wild fans will tell you he already decided to sign in Minny :laugh:

They were right last time.

With all the Miami Heat-type-**** that's gone on with every sports league, I'm inclined to believe them.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Forgot who said it last year but someone said here we'll be impacted more by Larry leaving rather than Zach. He was right.

Sorry fellas. :naughty:

Robinson has been good for SJ. If the koala gets canned this year, which I doubt will happen, then I'd like to see Robinson as our HC.

DevilChuk*

They were right last time.

With all the Miami Heat-type-**** that's gone on with every sports league, I'm inclined to believe them.

There were kinda right.. but if you believe Zach..

First Suter asked him to come to Nashville.. his wife didn't want to life there. Then Zach asked Suter to come to NJ.. Suter didn't want to go East. Then they looked at Detroit but they weren't as interested in Zach as they were Suter..

then they went to Minnesota. if it was as much as given as they made it out to be, it wouldn't have taken four days to materialize and they wouldn't have entertained other teams (see: Suter and the Red Wings meeting heavily). Zach admitted that he only made a decision the night of July 3rd.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Vanek played college in Minnesota and I believe his wife is also from there, that's where all the rumors are coming from.

DevilChuk*

Sorry fellas. :naughty:

Robinson has been good for SJ. If the koala gets canned this year, which I doubt will happen, then I'd like to see Robinson as our HC.

pretty sure he doesn't want to be a head coach anymore

didn't he take the job at SJ to be closer to his family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad