Prospect Info: General Discussion of Prospects

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This Latvian kid lighting up the Slovaks for Latvia's third goal is FIFTEEN. Holy crap do I feel old.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good night for the kids thus far - Amerks win on the backs of important guys, Komy with the GWG, Nadeau with a net front PPG for Jax... now on to watch Moose Jaw and Saskatoon.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
His logic in that ranking is weird.

Levi had a 'disappointing' season?
The Sabres 'lack prospect depth'?

Hard disagree on both. Hard disagree.

I also disagree that Benson is still a prospect (I go by the old school hockey's future rules. 65 NHL games for a skater = graduated.)

1714830860137.png

Rousek is graduating due to aging out. 3 guys I don't expect them to sign have their rights expiring.

No rankings to the above, just tiering. Few organizations are as strong in the A tier as us. A-/B- has plenty of depth. C+/C has a few longshots with potential still too. We're about to add 8 more picks (if no trades) too.

15th ranked prospect pool is flat out wrong. We have depth. We have high end. We have multiple position options. You'd be hard pressed to find much better.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Was this guy huffing paint thinner when he put this together or is he really that dumb?

I’ve never understood his comparables. I appreciate that. He’s trying hard to come up with a purely data driven model, but it really needs some work. Savoie’s 19-year-old season is the best points per game in like the last 15 years in the WHL and he doesn’t get a lot of play in his model. I suppose I put a lot more stock in primary point production, especially even strength or five on five in the AHL, then he does or else he’d be coming out of his socks about Neuchev.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I’ve never understood his comparables. I appreciate that. He’s trying hard to come up with a purely data driven model, but it really needs some work. Savoie’s 19-year-old season is the best points per game in like the last 15 years in the WHL and he doesn’t get a lot of play in his model. I suppose I put a lot more stock in primary point production, especially even strength or five on five in the AHL, then he does or else he’d be coming out of his socks about Neuchev.
The problem is that relying on just data can't work because it's a sport and not a math problem.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He said in the replies that Rosen grades out so poorly in his model that it drops them hard.

Think about that statement. Take it all in…every part of it.

And move on with your life never giving him the time of day again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad