Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
He is? Really. Maybe you should check out the CDC's own website:
Ortho-phthalaldehyde (OPA)

Overview.

Ortho-phthalaldehyde is a high-level disinfectant that received FDA clearance in October 1999. It contains 0.55% 1,2-benzenedicarboxaldehyde (OPA). OPA solution is a clear, pale-blue liquid with a pH of 7.5. (Tables 4 and 5)

That's for cleaning non-disposable instruments which go into the human body, like endoscopes. You need FDA and CDC approval to make sure sterilized equipment is safe.

Maybe you should read what it's used for before being condescending?

[Health Hazards From Exposure to Ortho-Phthalaldehyde, a Disinfectant for Endoscopes, and Preventive Measures for Health Care Workers] - PubMed

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
"It's honestly scary injecting disinfectants is getting compared to chemotherapy."

"I don't know what's worse: Trump genuinely asking if it's a viable treatment..."

"You can minimize his moronic query all you want."

I'm responding to the query and was attacked for it. Trump trolling hte idiot press is another issue. Apparently the CDC should be disbanded immediately for approving disinfectants as an internal treatment. "Ortho-phthalaldehyde is a high-level disinfectant that received FDA clearance in October 1999." True that is technically last century (another moved goalpost).

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
That's for cleaning non-disposable instruments which go into the human body, like endoscopes. You need FDA and CDC approval to make sure sterilized equipment is safe.

Maybe you should read what it's used for before being condescending?

[Health Hazards From Exposure to Ortho-Phthalaldehyde, a Disinfectant for Endoscopes, and Preventive Measures for Health Care Workers] - PubMed
And you should read what it touches --
"OPA has several potential advantages over glutaraldehyde. It has excellent stability over a wide pH range (pH 3–9), is not a known irritant to the eyes and nasal passages"

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
For additional info, I will highlight the years of these articles. Since pedantry, proper language usage, and accuracy is so important, these aren't being tried. They were tried. Last century.

So okay. It's not a dumb question in the same vein of the president asking questions like:
"Was Hitler a bad guy?"
"Is it possible to put an aircraft in outer space and have people walk on the moon?"
"What is this Nintendo everyone is talking about?"

People have looked into it. He's just behind on what everyone else already knows.
Nope, still being used today -- especially in Europe. That's what search engines are for.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The NHL will reopen with the playoffs next month. Precautions will be taken. Just imagine this with ice, sticks, and a puck. Tremendous hit at the blueline upends an attacking forward in this picture.

high-quality-indoor-soccer-bubble-playing-soccer-in-a-bubble-740.jpg

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
The NHL will reopen with the playoffs next month. Precautions will be taken. Just imagine this with ice, sticks, and a puck. Tremendous hit at the blueline upends an attacking forward in this picture.

high-quality-indoor-soccer-bubble-playing-soccer-in-a-bubble-740.jpg
Bubble hockey? Accrue sweaters and all?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
And you should read what it touches --
"OPA has several potential advantages over glutaraldehyde. It has excellent stability over a wide pH range (pH 3–9), is not a known irritant to the eyes and nasal passages"

But that's not a viable treatment inside the body for infections, which cycles back to Trump's statement being moronic. OPA doesn't get prescribed when someone has an eye or nasal infection. Because these disinfectants aren't safe inside the body. You don't want to kill all bacteria inside the body, as that's what disinfectants do.

You are staunchly defending using a cleaner meant for sterilizing equipment and wanting to apply it to living tissue.

Injecting disinfectants into the bloodstream will kill good bacteria as it travels into the heart. Injecting disinfectants into the lungs, even aerosolized, will damage the lining. The bleach bath by Cuomo's wife is also incredibly moronic. Even if it doesn't get injected, it kills all bacteria, even good bacteria the body needs.

This is why antibiotics and antivirals exist: they target and are more discriminatory.

Even with minimal eye and nose contact, they advise wearing protective equipment.

And no. You're not getting attacked for responding to a query. You're not even being attacked. But that's the problem.

You are taking my remarks of Trump making dumb and dangerous musings aloud and defending them as if you said it. And that's a bit alarming.

Reactions: tbrown33

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Got it.

It’s just amazing how you guys are incapable of a reasonable response here. You aren’t able to say “yeah he was talking out of his ass and it was irresponsible” or “I don’t know why he would say he was being sarcastic when he clearly wasn’t.” Nope, you are not able to find a single fault in any word that is spoken, even the words that directly contradict each other.

Our dear leader does not make mistakes.

Our dear leader will not be questioned.

Our dear leader has pure intentions and anyone who questions him is a hard leftist and my enemy.

I’m embarrassed for you.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Bottom line is a chemical disinfectant (H2O2) is already being used in the bloodstream (in this century too) to fight bacteria and viruses. Asking about the feasibility for such an approach on the virus is a very reasonable question. True, drug companies can't make any money from it but that's another issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RocketKing

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Why not both?
Got it.

It’s just amazing how you guys are incapable of a reasonable response here. You aren’t able to say “yeah he was talking out of his ass and it was irresponsible” or “I don’t know why he would say he was being sarcastic when he clearly wasn’t.” Nope, you are not able to find a single fault in any word that is spoken, even the words that directly contradict each other.

Our dear leader has pure intentions and anyone who questions him is a hard leftist and my enemy.

I’m embarrassed for you.
I forgot one!

Even if our dear leader DID lie, he did it on purpose to own teh libz!

Reactions: Bandit

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Got it.

I’m embarrassed for you.
Why all the verbiage? Orange man bad is sufficient.

Got it.

I’m embarrassed for you.

That was a joke!

Reactions: Maynard

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
Why all the verbiage? Orange man bad is sufficient.

Out of curiosity, do you think our Federal government did a good job preparing for and handling this situation?

I think there were lots of preventable mistakes. Michael Osterholm was part of the Trump administration and warned of this back in 2017. There was also a news report about leaked cables from the US Embassy in Beijing warning about the poor safety standards at the Wuhan lab in 2018. Ventilators in the national stockpile were never replenished after H1N1. We could've funded research for a SARS vaccine which might have streamlined a treatment or vaccine for this coronavirus. No contingency plan. We're flying by the seat of our pants.

Trump stopped travel from China 10 days after the first domestic case of covid19. He waited 6 weeks until banning all travel while the virus spread unmitigated. He played golf and held campaign rallies during that time while largely dismissing the threat. The impeachment trial didn't stop him from golfing or campaigning so I hardly think that is a legitimate excuse for not being proactive.

I say all this and recognize that congress did nothing either but the buck stops at the Whitehouse.

Reactions: Maynard

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
Got it.

I’m embarrassed for you.

Dear Leader LOL . Dude in my reply I actually made fun of the poor choice of words he used.

But you dodged the entire point I made about the topic being brought into the Press Conference by his SCIENCE ADVISOR and my question about shouldn’t he be listening to his Science Experts? Because the crappy words he used he was only adding onto that persons point and from what I can tell, was also encouraging him to continue with his SCIENTIFIC research on the possibilities?

So I guess when he listens to his Science Advisers and engages in their conversations people accuse him of directing America to take a Chlorox enema and verbally assault him.

In the mean time people accuse him 24/7 of never listening to any Science advice and making no science based comments.

Reactions: ricardfromage

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I mean, I posted the quote video, the transcript, and the context at the end of the last thread.

It's pretty clear it's a misunderstanding and a poor choice of words and the context is in fact brought in by his science advisor.

But you have got to be f***ing joking me trying to convince anyone that Mr. "Windmill Cancer," "Stare at the Eclipse," "nuke the hurricane," and "Sweep the Forest" is trying to cite a scientific study from 1999 on the fly, lol get the f*** out of here. That's not even partisan political that's just blind childish horseshit and you're better than that.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Out of curiosity, do you think our Federal government did a good job preparing for and handling this situation?

I think there were lots of preventable mistakes. Michael Osterholm was part of the Trump administration and warned of this back in 2017. There was also a news report about leaked cables from the US Embassy in Beijing warning about the poor safety standards at the Wuhan lab in 2018. Ventilators in the national stockpile were never replenished after H1N1. We could've funded research for a SARS vaccine which might have streamlined a treatment or vaccine for this coronavirus. No contingency plan. We're flying by the seat of our pants.

Trump stopped travel from China 10 days after the first domestic case of covid19. He waited 6 weeks until banning all travel while the virus spread unmitigated. He played golf and held campaign rallies during that time while largely dismissing the threat. The impeachment trial didn't stop him from golfing or campaigning so I hardly think that is a legitimate excuse for not being proactive.

I say all this and recognize that congress did nothing either but the buck stops at the Whitehouse.

"...so I hardly think that is a legitimate excuse for not being proactive."
Agreed.

However, when your expert (Fauci) is telling people on Feb 29 "Right now at this moment, there is no need to change anything that you're doing on a day-by-day basis..." and as late as March 9 that cruises were ok -- how do you get any more proactive?

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I mean, I posted the quote video, the transcript, and the context at the end of the last thread.

It's pretty clear it's a misunderstanding and a poor choice of words and the context is in fact brought in by his science advisor.

But you have got to be f***ing joking me trying to convince anyone that Mr. "Windmill Cancer," "Stare at the Eclipse," "nuke the hurricane," and "Sweep the Forest" is trying to cite a scientific study from 1999 on the fly, lol get the f*** out of here. That's not even partisan political that's just blind childish horseshit and you're better than that.

LMAO, I mean that is just a small sample of examples but how many are necessary before people realize what a tool he is? At least one more, as always.

Reactions: Schmooley

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
LMAO, I mean that is just a small sample of examples but how many are necessary before people realize what a tool he is? At least one more, as always.

That's kind of my point. It shouldn't be a partisan thing. Ludicrous assumptions are ludicrous assumptions. I thought at the end of the last thread we were pretty close to just agreeing to disagree--that both federal leadership and the media are botching their roles to various degrees, and that attacking one another's personal belief systems isn't productive. And we need to walk away from that wreckage now and bring it back full circus to the virus.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008

You do know that the updates are not in a court room don't you. Where you don't ask a question unless you already know the answer.

"that's just blind childish horseshit and you're better than that."

Yeah, we get it -- Orange Man bad -- and that's that.

Reactions: RocketKing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad