Arrested: General Arrested/Conduct Thread Part 3

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
The report said authorities originally wanted Beckham charged with misdemeanor sexual battery, but a judge denied that request.
Thank god New Orleans doesn't have any other crime so it can focus it's limited resources on Serious Sex Crimes like this one.

Reactions: Voight

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
OBJ prepared to make a statement
giphy.webp

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
That Beckham thing is so stupid and the security guard, wasn't even a cop, needs to lighten up. Should be a non-issue.

One thing I will say though is after the guy clearly turned around upset Odell kinda egged him on taunting him or whatever that was he was doing. He's definitely a moron. And this right after putting those players in compromising position handing them cash, which he probably only did to show off and flex.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
You have no right to put hands on someone

Its not a joke

Would it be joke if I walked up to a female officer and slapped her ass?

Its time for Odell to grow the **** up

Damn near 30 and acting like a child
then make him pay a fine. issuing an arrest warrant is completely unnecessary and an overreaction

like i said, why is that cop harassing those players to begin with? burrow smokes a cigar and the picture is circulated all around the web to show how cool he looks. the black players? they get a cop harassing them and checking their bottles to make sure there's no alcohol. how surprising!

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
Would it be sexual harassment if the cop/security guard was gay?

The important questions of the 21st century.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
That Beckham thing is so stupid and the security guard, wasn't even a cop, needs to lighten up. Should be a non-issue.

One thing I will say though is after the guy clearly turned around upset Odell kinda egged him on taunting him or whatever that was he was doing. He's definitely a moron. And this right after putting those players in compromising position handing them cash, which he probably only did to show off and flex.
He was completely disrespectful and was acting like an ass. You can't touch police or security guards especially when they're doing their jobs/not even interacting with you. So yeah, while I don't think he should be charged with simple battery (or whatever he was charged with) he should be made an example of.
then make him pay a fine. issuing an arrest warrant is completely unnecessary and an overreaction

like i said, why is that cop harassing those players to begin with? burrow smokes a cigar and the picture is circulated all around the web to show how cool he looks. the black players? they get a cop harassing them and checking their bottles to make sure there's no alcohol. how surprising!

1) A fine is nothing to Odell; hell, he could probably just give them the fanny pack he was wearing and get some change back while he's at it. Nothing is going to happen to him except for being embarrassed which, in my opinion, is worse than a fine to people with the money that Odell has.

2) How do you know Burrow wasn't also told to put his cigar out? The security guard was just doing his job. His boss probably told him he had to go tell them to put out the cigars; what do you want him to do? Disobey his boss and lose his job? There's absolutely no reason to make this racial.

Reactions: TheGooooch

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
He was completely disrespectful and was acting like an ass. You can't touch police or security guards especially when they're doing their jobs/not even interacting with you. So yeah, while I don't think he should be charged with simple battery (or whatever he was charged with) he should be made an example of.

1) A fine is nothing to Odell; hell, he could probably just give them the fanny pack he was wearing and get some change back while he's at it. Nothing is going to happen to him except for being embarrassed which, in my opinion, is worse than a fine to people with the money that Odell has.

2) How do you know Burrow wasn't also told to put his cigar out? The security guard was just doing his job. His boss probably told him he had to go tell them to put out the cigars; what do you want him to do? Disobey his boss and lose his job? There's absolutely no reason to make this racial.
You are trying really hard to be offended by this. He broke the law of being....disrespectful? You can't touch a security guard or officer? Did you read that one in the Big Book of Very Real Laws? f***, I would be in prison for life if being disrespectful to mall security guards was a crime.

It's absolutely f***ing hilarious, and it's only absolutely hilarious because this cop or security guard is such a snowflake he felt the need for criminal charges (or he wants to file a frivolous civil lawsuit). We all see the video, he deserves to be ridiculed for wanting criminal charges for this.

#Bluecheeksmatter

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
You are trying really hard to be offended by this. He broke the law of being....disrespectful? You can't touch a security guard or officer? Did you read that one in the Big Book of Very Real Laws? ****, I would be in prison for life if being disrespectful to mall security guards was a crime.

It's absolutely ****ing hilarious, and it's only absolutely hilarious because this cop or security guard is such a snowflake he felt the need for criminal charges (or he wants to file a frivolous civil lawsuit). We all see the video, he deserves to be ridiculed for wanting criminal charges for this.

#Bluecheeksmatter
I'm not at all offended and am not/have no family in law enforcement or security. You can't do things like that no matter who you are. The guy was doing his job, Odell didn't like it and slapped him in the ass. It's stupid and he deserves whatever he gets from it.

And yeah, Odell was disrespectful. Not a crime at all. But everyone is entitled to respect. You being an asshole to mall cops when you were a teen (hopefully you were a teen) is one thing, but Odell is a grown man. If one of the LSU players did that I'd chalk it up to kids being kids (especially while on the high of winning a Natty) and agreeing that this is an overreaction. Odell is 27 and didn't win squat. Big difference.

What's going to happen is he'll surrender to the Cops, feel embarrassed, issue an apology to the security guard and the whole thing will go away. No fines, no marks on his record. Just like it should go down.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I'm not at all offended and am not/have no family in law enforcement or security. You can't do things like that no matter who you are. The guy was doing his job, Odell didn't like it and slapped him in the ass. It's stupid and he deserves whatever he gets from it.

And yeah, Odell was disrespectful. Not a crime at all. But everyone is entitled to respect. You being an ******* to mall cops when you were a teen (hopefully you were a teen) is one thing, but Odell is a grown man. If one of the LSU players did that I'd chalk it up to kids being kids and agreeing that this is an overreaction. Odell is 27. Big difference.
Okay, so it's criminal when a rich and famous person does it but legal when a college student does it? Perfectly fair and logical. Not a waste of our criminal justice resources for some twitter dot com clicks for very Real and Serious charges.

Was ODB being a twat? Absolutely, but that doesn't give the NOPD the right to waste resources on such a frivolous claim.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
If they're going to "random" certain players after games, I think this type of behavior deserves one. More things than. Just alcohol cause those types of actions.
It was pretty obvious he was drinking, there's a picture literally minutes before of him, Amendola, and Paul Pierce at a restaurant right in front of where he walked on the hood of the car

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Okay, so it's criminal when a rich and famous person does it but legal when a college student does it? Perfectly fair and logical. Not a waste of our criminal justice resources for some twitter dot com clicks for very Real and Serious charges.

Was ODB being a ****? Absolutely, but that doesn't give the NOPD the right to waste resources on such a frivolous claim.
What resources are being wasted? They issued a warrant and he will turn himself in like most high profile cases.
And yes, being a college kid should allow for more leeway than if you’re an adult. Many of those kids are just that, kids. They should know better, but it’s in the realm of possibility that they don’t. Odell is an adult. If that had been me or you we’d be in handcuffs.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
What resources are being wasted? They issued a warrant and he will turn himself in like most high profile cases.
And yes, being a college kid should allow for more leeway than if you’re an adult. Many of those kids are just that, kids. They should know better, but it’s in the realm of possibility that they don’t. Odell is an adult. If that had been me or you we’d be in handcuffs.
Officers, detectives, superiors, judges, DAs are all involved in issuing a warrant. They don't work pro bono, and more importantly, its an opportunity cost because it takes their time away from investigating other more serious crimes.

New Orleans has a ton of crime and an underfunded police force and criminal justice system, yet these officers of the court waste their time on a laughable celebrity case. How would you feel if you got robbed in NO, but they didn't spend any time investigating because their officers and detectives are spread too thin because they have to investigate this crap?

If the cops/security guard wants some money, do it in civil court. The video tape is all you need and you could probably get a stack from ODB to make it go away. Using the criminal justice system is absolutely a waste of police and criminal justice resources.

Reactions: FourRings

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Dude 100% deserves this. He was acting like an asshat all night. Has he even issued an apology to the cop?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It was pretty obvious he was drinking, there's a picture literally minutes before of him, Amendola, and Paul Pierce at a restaurant right in front of where he walked on the hood of the car
Either way, I think we can agree the league's random tests are likely not random. That was my main point. I don't dislike Edelman or think he's a bad guy for doing something harmless and dumb.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Officers, detectives, superiors, judges, DAs are all involved in issuing a warrant. They don't work pro bono, and more importantly, its an opportunity cost because it takes their time away from investigating other more serious crimes.

New Orleans has a ton of crime and an underfunded police force and criminal justice system, yet these officers of the court waste their time on a laughable celebrity case. How would you feel if you got robbed in NO, but they didn't spend any time investigating because their officers and detectives are spread too thin because they have to investigate this crap?

If the cops/security guard wants some money, do it in civil court. The video tape is all you need and you could probably get a stack from ODB to make it go away. Using the criminal justice system is absolutely a waste of police and criminal justice resources.
I understand where you’re coming from and appreciate the cost of running investigations, but in terms of cost, this has to be minimal. The warrant process was probably a few phone calls and a quick trip to the courthouse. There’s no denying what he did because it’s on film so there’s no need for an investigation. The cops aren’t looking for him and he will (most likely) bring himself in with his lawyer and square it away 1,2,3.

The takeaway here is that you can’t do things like that to cops, especially when they’re doing their jobs. Whatever the cost might be, I bet NOPD thinks this little ‘public service announcement’ is well worth it. This should honesty go the same way that the Giroux situation went just no night in jail for OBJ.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I understand where you’re coming from and appreciate the cost of running investigations, but in terms of cost, this has to be minimal. The warrant process was probably a few phone calls and a quick trip to the courthouse. There’s no denying what he did because it’s on film so there’s no need for an investigation. The cops aren’t looking for him and he will (most likely) bring himself in with his lawyer and square it away 1,2,3.

The takeaway here is that you can’t do things like that to cops, especially when they’re doing their jobs. Whatever the cost might be, I bet NOPD thinks this little ‘public service announcement’ is well worth it. This should honesty go the same way that the Giroux situation went just no night in jail for OBJ.
Bullshit, you can slap anyone else on the butt except cops? He wasn't even a cop, he was a security guard. The criminal justice system should be used for crimes, not PSAs. And like I said, it's not like the NOPD can magically make more cops appear out of the blue, hours invested in the celebrity arrest PR sham take away from investigating and prosecuting real crimes.

You keep moving the goalposts on what action justifies a warrant being issued. First only adults should be punished but not college athletes. Now you just can't slap a cop in his big bubble butt, but that protection is extended to security guards?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad