Arrested: General Arrested/Conduct Thread Part 3

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Oh my gosh the kids! Think of the kids will you!

Kids are the future

Make fun all you want, but when kids see this kind of crap from their sports heroes they think it's ok to be a dick

Pro athletes have a responsibility to be good role models for kids, but unfortunately there's too many A-holes in pro sports nowadays, and Edelman is just one of many

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Kids are the future

Make fun all you want, but when kids see this kind of crap from their sports heroes they think it's ok to be a dick

Pro athletes have a responsibility to be good role models for kids, but unfortunately there's too many A-holes in pro sports nowadays, and Edelman is just one of many
I would disagree. For the most part sports figures havent ever been role models and its up to parents and adults to show children what a role model is.

Reactions: BSHH

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
In a perfect world you would be right, but unfortunately this is not a perfect world and many kids are influenced by sports figures, musicians, celebrities, etc.

Reactions: FourRings

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Kids are the future

Pro athletes should never be seen as role models.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I agree ..especially dicks like Edelman

but that's not always the case

Are Athletes Good Role Models?
It also seems painfully obvious that this more a Patriots and Edelman stance on your part than anything else.

Far worse crimes have been committed this season then getting drunk and walking on the hood of a car, but I dont see this rhetoric. Am I to believe that every athlete that hasnt been arrested is a role model then and a good person?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
It also seems painfully obvious that this more a Patriots and Edelman stance on your part than anything else.

Far worse crimes have been committed this season then getting drunk and walking on the hood of a car, but I dont see this rhetoric. Am I to believe that every athlete that hasnt been arrested is a role model then and a good person?

Are you on the Patriots payroll??

..or just always defending their honor for free? :huh:

Last edited:

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
that's nonsense
the overwhelming majority of them have worked very hard to beat the odds & achieve extremely lofty goals
that, in and of itself, is a great lesson for kids

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Are you on the Patriots payroll??

..or just always defending their honor for free? :huh:
I just enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy of a lot of NFL fans when it comes to the Patriots. I've seen you defending the opposite side of the Patriots wall plenty of times.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
Anyone in the public eye can be a role model. They should know this and act accordingly. Many kids don't have parents or other adults in their lives to be role models and they turn to athletes and musicians.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
This is outrageous lol, no name cop on a power trip looking for attention, what a loser. Prior to this he is sniffing players gatorade bottles to make sure they are not drinking alcohol. What is wrong with America man these people can go to war but cops gotta make sure they ain't having a little bit of booze after the biggest win in their lifetime.

Look, Odell shouldn't have slapped his ass, but an arrest warrant? Are you for real? Come on.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This is outrageous lol, no name cop on a power trip looking for attention, what a loser. Prior to this he is sniffing players gatorade bottles to make sure they are not drinking alcohol. What is wrong with America man these people can go to war but cops gotta make sure they ain't having a little bit of booze after the biggest win in their lifetime.

Look, Odell shouldn't have slapped his ass, but an arrest warrant? Are you for real? Come on.
I would think it’s a respect matter that the police don’t want other people thinking they can do this to police officers because OBJ did it.

I suspect an apology is all that will be needed to put this matter to bed.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
I would think it’s a respect matter that the police don’t want other people thinking they can do this to police officers because OBJ did it.

I suspect an apology is all that will be needed to put this matter to bed.
After all, that's the whole point of our legal system, to bring trumped up charges against celebrities in order to coerce an apology for the police.

Because of course we need to protect police from the very real and serious threat of...a pat on the bum.

Of course nobody would have noticed the alleged cheek clapping it if the police hadn't pressed charges in the first place (Streisand effect), but OBJ is putting Blue cheeks in danger with his actions.

Reactions: BreadmanGetsPaid

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
You have no right to put hands on someone

Its not a joke

Would it be joke if I walked up to a female officer and slapped her ass?

Its time for Odell to grow the f*** up

Damn near 30 and acting like a child

Reactions: GordonGecko

Apr 9, 2009
USA

Its not a joke

Its time for Odell to grow the **** up

It wasn't a girl. The security guard filed sexual battery charges. EDIT: I've heard that it both was and wasn't a police officer.

Your argument sucks when you have to change the parameters to make your point.

This makes a joke of sexual battery.

OBJ is dumb though (I do like him, however). Don't hand out cash, don't touch the butt. Just treat it like the club Odell.

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.

Its not a joke

Its time for Odell to grow the **** up

lol c'mon man.

It is not the same thing as doing it to a female, you can call that sexist if you want but that's reality. If you slapped a cops ass after winning the National Championship I would laugh, if I was a reporter and you slapped my ass in the room I would laugh.

Have any of these people played sports before? Guys slap other guys asses in the locker room all the time. Even though Odell shouldn't have done it because it's a Cop, it rising to an arrest warrant is just outrageous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad