TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Wasn't there supposed to be a new Tenchi Muyo OVA episode or two out by now? I'm kind of skeptical about whether the series jumped the shark or not, but the original OVA series from 1-13 is some of my favourite classic anime so I still want to check it out.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Yuri on Ice

Thoughts?
I've been seeing a lot of good things about it.
Thinking of giving it a shot since the last episode just aired.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Hmmmm.
Watched the first two episodes of the second season of Assassination Classroom and I haven't been able to get into it.

Will put it on hold for now and watch a few more episodes of Hunter x Hunter and Yuri On Ice

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Hmmmm.
Watched the first two episodes of the second season of Assassination Classroom and I haven't been able to get into it.

Will put it on hold for now and watch a few more episodes of Hunter x Hunter and Yuri On Ice

Finished HxH a few months ago and its now one favorite anime of all time. Heard alot of good things about yoi, still on the fence tbh.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Finished HxH a few months ago and its now one favorite anime of all time. Heard alot of good things about yoi, still on the fence tbh.

I just finished Yuri On Ice.
In my opinion it's fantastic, I watched the first 3 episodes the other night, and I finished the other 9 today. I couldn't stop watching once I started on it today.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Type-Moon announced 1 more Fate Anime, Fate Apocrypha. With a PV as well. Fate/Extra was announced earlier, but the 2nd trailer was released today. PV was also released for Heaven's Feel.

Fate/Apocrypha

Fate/ Extra

And Trailer for the First Heaven's Feel Movie

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Type-Moon announced 1 more Fate Anime, Fate Apocrypha. With a PV as well. Fate/Extra was announced earlier, but the 2nd trailer was released today. PV was also released for Heaven's Feel.

Fate/Apocrypha

Fate/Extra

Fate/Heaven's Feel]
Any word if any of these will be a sequel to Unlimited Blade Works?

I am thinking of starting Ranma 1/2 here. I have about 15 episodes of Dragonball to finish first though.
How are you liking it compared to "Z"?

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
Any word if any of these will be a sequel to Unlimited Blade Works?

None are sequels to Unlimited blade works Apocrypha and Extra are pretty much completely different universes and Heavens Feel is an alternate version of Fate/stay night with Sakura as the main character instead of Rin and Archer.

Heavens feel also continues a lot of the stuff from fate zero

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So...

I just finished season 3 of RWBY and it blew my freakin' mind. :amazed: Sucky part is I absolutely despise having to wait for episodes, so I can't watch season 4 until Spring when it's all wrapped up. As for season 3, I don't think it was perfect, as I was bit disappointed that they started the tournament right at the apex of it. I was quite sad that they didn't have more "teens having fun at school before having to become mature and get real jobs" scenes before the events which took place. But wow those events made this season the darkest yet and some legitimate tears came out at certain moments.

None are sequels to Unlimited blade works Apocrypha and Extra are pretty much completely different universes and Heavens Feel is an alternate version of Fate/stay night with Sakura as the main character instead of Rin and Archer.

Heavens feel also continues a lot of the stuff from fate zero

Thanks for the heads up, I think I will pass on those not because I think they suck or anything, but because I want to follow one linear storyline (which is UBW).

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
There's no such thing as a linear storyline in Fate.

Psyfer

Mar 1, 2008
Toronto
So...

I just finished season 3 of RWBY and it blew my freakin' mind. :amazed: Sucky part is I absolutely despise having to wait for episodes, so I can't watch season 4 until Spring when it's all wrapped up. As for season 3, I don't think it was perfect, as I was bit disappointed that they started the tournament right at the apex of it. I was quite sad that they didn't have more "teens having fun at school before having to become mature and get real jobs" scenes before the events which took place. But wow those events made this season the darkest yet and some legitimate tears came out at certain moments.

Thanks for the heads up, I think I will pass on those not because I think they suck or anything, but because I want to follow one linear storyline (which is UBW).

UBW wont be expanded though as its based on a Visual Novel that has 3 different stories and the sequel to it follows none of those stories lol

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
So...

Coincidentally before reading this I just realized yesterday that season 4 is well underway.

I don't know though, I discovered this series during season 2, so once caught up was looking forward to season 3, but it just doesn't have the same charm for me without Monty. Seasons 1 and 2 were very fun with great action and easily re-watchable. Seasons 3 and 4 the budget went up and they're focusing more on world building and story, but a big drop in the action quality with the loss of Monty. I still like the series but it's lost that initial charm for me and I wouldn't re-watch the newer stuff anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad