TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure if any of you are in the area or plan on going to the Anime Boston convention that starts next Friday, but I wanted you guys to know I will be hosting a panel on hockey in Japan there. It's Friday at 11:00pm.
I am nowhere never Boston, but good luck there. It sounds like a really interesting topic.

Started Gangsta, it's not my type of anime, but I am enjoying it from the first 4 episodes that I've watched. Renegade has to be one of the best songs I've listened to in the past four months, so I was stoked they added it as the main OP.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Speaking of expensive I was looking at Gurren Lagann Blurays recently. Can't believe that show isn't readily available to buy. Also can't believe I still can't buy an NA region Bluray of Koe no Katachi.

Completely unrelated but I just noticed Wotakoi is getting an anime next season. I remember reading it on Pixiv a few years ago; could be really good. Looks like they got a strong voice cast for the supporting characters, at least.

plaaplaa72

Jul 29, 2011
Helsinki
Just finished Hunter x Hunter a few days ago, and holy hell was it good.

FMA: B was previously my favorite anime, but HxH has now taken it's spot.

What a ride, will have to read the manga because goddamnit i need more!

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Just finished Hunter x Hunter a few days ago, and holy hell was it good.

FMA: B was previously my favorite anime, but HxH has now taken it's spot.

What a ride, will have to read the manga because goddamnit i need more!

My #1 and #2 favorites so I feel ya. Really hoping for HxH anime to come back but won't hold my breath anytime soon.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I actually have a question about anime too....

- Is Assassination Classroom any good? If so, which anime does it most likely resemble?

- How good is Devil is a Part-timer?

- How good is Black Butler? Which category would you put the show under?

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I'm about to start Terror in Resonance. Anyone have any recommendations for shorter anime? I've really liked the last few I've watched around 11-13 episodes.

That one is pretty good.

Here are some short ones I've liked that have aired the last 7 years or so. All kinds of genre in here. The (2) ones just mean they have 2 seasons, but they are still in the 10-12 episode range. Can ignore if you just one single season ones.

* = really enjoyed

Gangsta *
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun *
Kobayashi Dragon Maid *
Interviews With Monster Girls *
Ore Monogatari *
Chuunibyou (2) *
New Game (2)
Blend S
91 Days
Sweetness & Lightning
Flying Witch *
KonoSuba (2 10's)
GATE (2)
Saekano (2)
Owari no Seraph (2)
Danmachi
One Punch Man *
Ao Haru Ride
D-Frag!
Kyoukai no Kanata
Say I Love You

Here is a good site to check on previews for upcoming anime or ones that have previously aired. Also tells you the episode count.

AniChart

I actually have a question about anime too....

- Is Assassination Classroom any good? If so, which anime does it most likely resemble?

- How good is Devil is a Part-timer?

- How good is Black Butler? Which category would you put the show under?

I've only seen a few of AC but I liked it. People I know who have watched have really liked it. Not sure what to compare it to so far.

Devil is a Part-Timer is really funny. Love the idea of a 'Devil' coming up to the real world and trying to blend into society.

BB I have no history with.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'm about to start Terror in Resonance. Anyone have any recommendations for shorter anime? I've really liked the last few I've watched around 11-13 episodes.

Land of the Lustrous
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Made in Abyss
MMO Junkie
Girl's Last Tour

After the Rain, A Place Further Than the Universe, and Yurucamp this past season.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Got another question for @Unholy or anybody else here...so I am addicted to Bradio - Flyers which is the Death Parade opening and it looks really intriguing. So I was wondering how good of a show it is and what type of show it would be classified as (genre)?

CanadienDude

Katie B.
Nov 3, 2004
St. John's, NL
Got another question for @Unholy or anybody else here...so I am addicted to Bradio - Flyers which is the Death Parade opening and it looks really intriguing. So I was wondering how good of a show it is and what type of show it would be classified as (genre)?
Death Parade is great. The tone of the intro and actual show are complete opposites{I love the intro as well). It's a drama/i guess mystery and i'd definitely recommend it.

Also, My Hero Academia is back this week!

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Death Parade is fantastic. It can seriously get emotional and it's very well done. There is one episode near the middle that you can skip, can't remember which one though.

Can't wait for more MHA!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Death Parade is great. The tone of the intro and actual show are complete opposites{I love the intro as well). It's a drama/i guess mystery and i'd definitely recommend it.

Also, My Hero Academia is back this week!
Thanks! Yeah, I was reading some comments from the Bradio video where they recreated the opening and quite a bit of people were saying that the opening is like the total opposite of the actual show.

How can you guys seriously wait to watch a 21 minute episode per week? It just makes me lose interest, especially when there was a bad episode. Rather binge watch.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Black Lagoon got added to Crunchyroll so I watched a few episodes. Still holds up.

Claymore not as much.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
- Yeah Death Parade is one of the ones I never watched either lol. Almost went to it a few times maybe I will get to it.

All right new shows have started! Started a couple.

Megalo Box

megalo-box.jpg

Good first episode. I haven't watched any boxing ones prior but I will be watching this one and then maybe going back and watching Ippo or something.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These

legend_of_galactic_heroes_die_neue_these_01_02.jpg

A reboot of the old 100+ episode series I believe. Never watched it but love space battles and great characters. Making me wonder if I should just watch the old 80s/90s series but maybe after if I end up liking this. Not a bad start. I heard in the old series there are many many many characters. Huge space battles (in the tens of the thousands of units) and supposed to be dialogue heavy too. Enjoyed the first episode and hoping the pacing is good with a big series like this.

Last edited:

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Megalo Box looks pretty awesome. Darling in the franxx just feels like a mashup of Eureka 7 and some other stuff. Very predictable and cliche.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Second half of season three of Food Wars was released yesterday (I believe). Or it was between Saturday and Sunday or perhaps it was released Friday...no idea, but the first episode was quite good. It was a nice episode to start the build up for the next arc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad