Half-Assed GDT: GDT - this time with 50% less ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaPropellerGuy

Oct 11, 2018
I'm certain most of you have been fans for many years more than I have (started watching 12-13 season), but I remember the first couple seasons I watched I would tend to get more up in arms about them playing bad. Ruin my night, etc.

Here I am now 6 years later and I know much more about hockey in general and know the history of this team and when things are good they are good, when bad I'm indifferent and have the cliche "well you can't win em all."

With that said, there should be no reason this talented of a roster should be so disjointed and while I hope that it may just be as simple as gelling together, I'm leaning more on the fence of coaching being suspect.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I think this season is over unless changes are made. I'm sorry I spent my hard earned money on season tickets once again.

Reactions: Bendak

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I miss when the Blues were one of the best defensive teams in the league. We didn’t score much but fifteen times a year we would just suffocate a team and give them absolutely nothing and cruise to a victory. Every game is going to be a dog fight this year.

Ken Hitchcock could really coach. If only he had Ryan O’Reilly instead of Berglund

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I'm certain most of you have been fans for many years more than I have (started watching 12-13 season), but I remember the first couple seasons I watched I would tend to get more up in arms about them playing bad. Ruin my night, etc.

Here I am now 6 years later and I know much more about hockey in general and know the history of this team and when things are good they are good, when bad I'm indifferent and have the cliche "well you can't win em all."

With that said, there should be no reason this talented of a roster should be so disjointed and while I hope that it may just be as simple as gelling together, I'm leaning more on the fence of coaching being suspect.
I'm a little on this but welcome!

This team certainly needs a shake up and a coaching change is the easiest way. Doug Armstrong is not going to sit by and see the talent wasted.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
I think this season is over unless changes are made. I'm sorry I spent my hard earned money on season tickets once again.

There is still a lot of season left, like.....almost all of it. Remember the Blues were out of it last season until Kyle Brodziak rose like a Pheonix to become a 2nd line center and lead the Blues to within 1 point of a playoff berth.

SiflOlly

Aug 6, 2011
Finding the right coach could work wonders. This roster is very talented.
What coach are you going to get that is going to fix this when the season has already started? It's a tough situation, Yeo clearly isn't the guy but who do you get to come in here and salvage the season?

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Blues forwards are Chris Stewart-ing a lot this game. They enter the zone with momentum then delay so long that the defense and forwards get back to clog things up or they find themself out of options and behind the net

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I don't like Mike Yeo anymore than any of the rest of you, but i don't think a coaching change is near as likely as I feel like some here think it might be with a bad start.
I'll use the same logic he used against Dunn....its more then a few games trend. He's had this team playing bad hockey for quite a while now. As much as we love to blame the skid on Schwartz being injured, your team can not rely on 1 guy that much unless he's a generational guy. His claim to success was off the back of some insane goaltending from Allen.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Hate to say it, but Kyrou just does not look NHL ready to me. Think he might be better served playing big minutes in the AHL right now.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Johnson is playing well but so is Miller. Miller is probably the second best goalie we have played so far so it's a better test of our O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad