GDT: Sweden-Slovakia, 7:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
In my eyes this swedish team is too good to not play in the quaters. I haven't seen any game, but the loss to Finland must have been somewhat unlucky. We'll get back.

Sweden wins 3-0 after all goals by Johannes Salmonsson. Robert Nilsson will turn the slovakian defensemen outside in, while our heavy first unit will take the slovakians fighting spirit away. Well, I hope this come true. :)

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Robertsson 4-ever said:
In my eyes this swedish team is too good to not play in the quaters. I haven't seen any game, but the loss to Finland must have been somewhat unlucky. We'll get back.

Sweden wins 3-0 after all goals by Johannes Salmonsson. Robert Nilsson will turn the slovakian defensemen outside in, while our heavy first unit will take the slovakians fighting spirit away. Well, I hope this come true. :)

Optimist. Swedish players can't handle pressure. Admit it, in your heart you know where this is going..

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Riddarn said:
Optimist. Swedish players can't handle pressure. Admit it, in your heart you know where this is going..
They can´t handle the pressure because they sit on the bench in their clubs more than the other top-countries. They will develop later, don´t worry.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Riddarn said:

Honestly, I'm a truly optimist. Everything can be done, just look at Belarus. The time will come for Sweden, I don't know if it is now, but soon. It just has too. I think we'll win tonight.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
anyone in Sweden/Slovakia actually staying up for this one? I am seriously considering it right now... :)

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Robertsson 4-ever said:
Honestly, I'm a truly optimist. Everything can be done, just look at Belarus. The time will come for Sweden, I don't know if it is now, but soon. It just has too. I think we'll win tonight.

Yeah, look at Belarus.. pressure + swedish team = fiasco. I think you just proved my point ;)

SergeiKost99

Mar 12, 2004
canada
WOW Halak a 9th round pick of Montreal's has 2 Shutouts so far.......i dont care wat anybody says but Halak is a steal for sure

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
HabsFanFromPEI said:
WOW Halak a 9th round pick of Montreal's has 2 Shutouts so far.......i dont care wat anybody says but Halak is a steal for sure

On the Habs board a couple of days ago:

HabsFanFromPEI said:
yes im impressed with lindberg, he is way better than halak, halak is just awful. Lindberg needs to work on his positioning and i think he could be great goalie. Also i noticed he sometimes would lose where the puck was and that is how canada got their 4th goal( i think it was that one). Ne ways he is pretty good for like a 6th rounder

change your mind much? :)

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Some Swedish changes:
- Seems David Rautio will start in net
- Ola Svanberg is the extra defenseman (all his penalties, combined with a poor game overall yesterday the reason.. I imagine)
- Nicklas Bergfors promoted to the top line, will play with Carl Söderberg and Linus Videll. Very interesting. This means Fredriksson is on the fourth line

Starting line-ups here
http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournamen.../xml/1000000020/IHM1000000020B20_54B_1_0.html

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
Marc the Habs Fan said:

i watched the slovakia canada game and halak wasn't that bad. he made few big saves. defence didn't help him much. i hope he'll develop to great goalie which slovakia has been waiting for long time

Roger's Pancreas*

Is there another way to catch the scores for this one, you know since there aren't any NA teams involved?

SergeiKost99

Mar 12, 2004
canada
Marc the Habs Fan said:

ahaha that game was vs canada when i said that...and now i realize any team that plays vs canada is gonna get killed....so yea i changed my mind about halak

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Predatore said:
Some Swedish changes:
- Seems David Rautio will start in net
- Ola Svanberg is the extra defenseman (all his penalties, combined with a poor game overall yesterday the reason.. I imagine)
- Nicklas Bergfors promoted to the top line, will play with Carl Söderberg and Linus Videll. Very interesting. This means Fredriksson is on the fourth line

Starting line-ups here
http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournamen.../xml/1000000020/IHM1000000020B20_54B_1_0.html

Hmm. I think I'd like a Salmonsson - Nilsson - Fredriksson line. But I guess that line could be quite risky defensivly..

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
HabsFanFromPEI said:

I agree, there seems to be a lot of Halak haters on here but he was at no fault against Canada and having seen him play in the Q a few times, he has been pretty solid. There is a decent chance that he could turn out as a good NHL goaltender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce