GDT: Sweden-Slovakia, 7:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
ah heck, most Swedes will be very pessimistic.. so I'll go ahead and predict a 4-2 Swedish win!

AgentNaslund*

6-2 Slovakia. Sweden's Turning point was blowing a 5-1 Lead and losing it. This will be in the back of their heads.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Awfully quiet in this thread, even though Sweden still has good chances to make it to the quarter finals, and at the same time drop Finland to relegation games. Normally I'd root for our beloved neighbours, but situation being what it is... GO SLOVAKIA! :)

My prediction: Slovakia leads the game 3-2 until the last minute. Then Swedes take a couple of penalties and score two shorthanded goals 3-on-5. Game winner will be scored by Söderberg just two seconds left in the game. :cry:

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
AgentNaslund said:
6-2 Slovakia. Sweden's Turning point was blowing a 5-1 Lead and losing it. This will be in the back of their heads.

I agree with that.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
4-2 Slovakia. Swedes will have a hard time recovering from the loss against Finland.

Nilsson and Salmonsson for Sweden.

Ruzicka x2, Meszaros x2 for Slovakia.

BTW: Is this young Ruzicka related to the great Vladimir Ruzicka of the 80'ies and 90'ies, who used to strike fear into the hearts of Finns and Swedes?

CH Wizard

littleHossa said:
Halak gets his third SO, in a 0-0 tie.
:lol :shakehead

You're biased !!!!

That's because Halak gonna play vs Lindberg.

I predict a 3-2 Sweden win.

Swe : Soderberg , Nilson , Salmonsson

Slovakia : Ruzicka(2)

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
Boucicaut said:
BTW: Is this young Ruzicka related to the great Vladimir Ruzicka of the 80'ies and 90'ies, who used to strike fear into the hearts of Finns and Swedes?

As far as I know there is no relation.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
Boucicaut said:
4-2 Slovakia. Swedes will have a hard time recovering from the loss against Finland.

Nilsson and Salmonsson for Sweden.

Ruzicka x2, Meszaros x2 for Slovakia.

even if they are of different nationality there might be some sort of relativeship. but as i know there is none

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
e-e said:
even if they are of different nationality there might be some sort of relativeship. but as i know there is none

Ok. I know a few Czechs and Slovaks and they have said that intermarrying is very common there.

(Boucicaut sets off-topic mode off)

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
Anyone know what's up with Zagrapan? He hasn't dressed since the opener according to the IIHF game recaps.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
Boucicaut said:
Ok. I know a few Czechs and Slovaks and they have said that intermarrying is very common there.

(Boucicaut sets off-topic mode off)
yes that's right... :)

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
i just remembered that vladimir ruzicka played for dukla trencin (slovakia) for couple of years in late 80's. how old is the young slovak ruzicka? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad