GDT: Sweden-Slovakia, 7:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Fortunately this morning I first saw that Finland had made the quarterfinals. If I had seen the result first, I wouldn't have known what to make of it. Still, when I then saw how the game ended and how close it was, I almost choked on the air I was breathing in.

All things seemed to point out that Slovakia was in good form. This was an impressive feat by Sweden for sure.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Can someone comment on the stars prospects play to date. I have not seen any games but it seems that Granath has been a nice suprise while Fransson's and erikkson have disappointed offensively. has Grossman been a goon or just intimidating?

Zoran Manojlovic

Apr 22, 2002
Malmö, Sweden
Visit site
rivercanyon said:
In your face Wennerholm! (Swedish tabloidjournalist)

WHY? :dunno:

He didn´t say anything wrong with his article. He only pointed out that Swesih junior players are 2nd-tier, at best! I don´t see anything wrong with the article. In fact I would like him to be even more aggressive and negative regarding the junior players in the future, because they suck! Their attitude must change if Sweden is ever to comepete for the gold medal! :madfire:

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Mr. Zzzz said:
WHY? :dunno:

He didn´t say anything wrong with his article. He only pointed out that Swesih junior players are 2nd-tier, at best! I don´t see anything wrong with the article. In fact I would like him to be even more aggressive and negative regarding the junior players in the future, because they suck! Their attitude must change if Sweden is ever to comepete for the gold medal! :madfire:
So you think "FIASKO" is an appropiate headline and that Sweden should beat Canada? We never have, and we never will. I can´t understand why some people refuse to understand that we will never be better than Canada, never! Even Forsberg-Näslund (73s) failed to a standard canadian team says it all. Someone said on a swedish forum, that it would be like Sweden beating Brazil or Italy in juniorfootball. Never will happen.

Zoran Manojlovic

Apr 22, 2002
Malmö, Sweden
Visit site
rivercanyon said:
So you think "FIASKO" is an appropiate headline and that Sweden should beat Canada? We never have, and we never will. I can´t understand why some people refuse to understand that we will never be better than Canada, never! Even Forsberg-Näslund (73s) failed to a standard canadian team says it all. Someone said on a swedish forum, that it would be like Sweden beating Brazil or Italy in juniorfootball. Never will happen.

YES! I think that it´s ok to name it FIASKO after loosing 8-1 against Canada! Also it´s not just loosing that game, the way they lost to Finland and thire performance during the last 3-4 WJC gives him the right to print down the word of FIASKO regarding the Swedish hockey!

It´s one thing to loose a game knowing that you have played the best that you can. When that happends you don´t loose a game 8-1, but more like 3-1, 5-2 and so on. I have seen all of these players over and over again I can´t belive the kind of mentality these guys have. No fire, no REAL desire to win. I´m sure that most of them want to win games and the WJC, but deep down inside they are not willing to pay that price! It´s so easy to see on the ice. This is something that takes 5-6 years to change, but the problem is that there are very few coaches on the junior (or senior) level who are willing to work towards this goal. Not even a coach like Niklas Wikegård who likes the ruff stuff is able to translate that on the ice. Just imagine how hard it is for the other "soft" coaches to do that..

I saw the Finland-Canada game where Canada crushed the Finns. Just look at the way they play the game. The would die for the team to win a game. They hit everyone, block shots, and play their guts out. Knowing the way that our Swedish player play, it´s not at all suprising that they loos 8-1. It´s a sad thing.

I don´t expect the Swedes to win the WJC, but I want them to change thire mentality and compete against the Canadiens and give them a VERY VERY hard time winning the game.

When will this happend? As it looks now, probably never.. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad