GDT: Russia vs. USA - Feb. 21, 8.30pm Torino, 2.30pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn_kemp*

And on a more serious note : Russia plays catasrophically bad. Just 2 fluke SHG. That's all.

USA > Russia :D

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
Other than a few odd breakaways that we were able to finish, I think that USA has outplayed us. They played with more passion and more heart. They were more physical. The goals were mostly the result of their defensmen pinching in. On the last goal, Tkachuk has attracted both Volchenkov and Tyutin. Very untypical of Tyutin to make such a mistake.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Gags1288 said:
Funny statement about the U.S's best defenseman in the tourney thus far. I don't see anyone else being matched up against the other teams best line every night.

Being USA's top defenseman means nothing. It only shows their weakness when Hatcher is their best defenseman, which he isn't IMO. He's a shell of his former self and is hurting his team more than he helps it. And I'm the biggest Hatcher fan you'll find on these boards.. He looks slow, makes dumb penalties and is poor positionally.

Higgy4

Jan 18, 2004
Toledo, Ohio
donniedarko said:
Should be Zherdev but it's Datsyuk.

Why SHOULD it be Zherdev? Even if both were on the team, Datsyuk would get the option to wear it.

Is this just the standard Red Wing hate again coming from Columbus? ;)

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Captain_Cunney said:
Maybe you can play us and we can figure out, as Homer Simpson would say, "who the suckiest bunch of suck sucks that ever did suck" are. :dunno:

Boy was that Homer quote ever butchered. :biglaugh:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Nemchinov13 said:
Other than a few odd breakaways that we were able to finish, I think that USA has outplayed us. They played with more passion and more heart. They were more physical. The goals were mostly the result of their defensmen pinching in. On the last goal, Tkachuk has attracted both Volchenkov and Tyutin. Very untypical of Tyutin to make such a mistake.
Tkachuk was holding Volchenkov.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Nemchinov13 said:

ämmm aha :shakehead

Mr Brownstone

Aug 31, 2003
596 miles away
Ugh, Rafalski looked awful on that 2 on 1. Big goal for the USA late in that period. They really need to prove something in this game or Finland will trounce them.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I am actually genuinely not impressed with the way we played the 1st period. The USA had way too much room and we were much too sloppy entering the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad