GDT: Russia - Switzerland 5:00PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Man, these are just predictions, and if they say Switzerland will win 11-0, it doesn't mean it's true. You take it too seriously in my opinion. Chill out dude, we'll see what happens in less than 10 hours.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
wilka91 said:
Man, these are just predictions, and if they say Switzerland will win 11-0, it doesn't mean it's true. You take it too seriously in my opinion. Chill out dude, we'll see what happens in less than 10 hours.

I take it to serios wilka ? Look at the canadien threads, they are proud and almost sure that Canada make it in a walk !!!

And our thread ? I hope ..... oh please not lose ......o tough game :banghead:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Canadian fans are too arrogant, and never even tried to be objective.

If I were a Canadian-like Russian fan, I'd say 8-1 Russia, but since I'm realistic and objective, I say 3-2 Russia.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
wilka91 said:

If I were a Canadian-like Russian fan, I'd say 8-1 Russia, but since I'm realistic and objective, I say 3-2 Russia.

But hey we have to believe in our team ! We have the tools for the gold ! :lol:

Riggs

Apr 6, 2004
Pittsburgh
Does anyone know what has to happen for the U.S and Russia to meet again?

I want to see Malkin play again.

Also, what does Shaibu and Vpered mean?

Thanks, Spasibo

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
"shaibu" comes from "shaiba" which means "puck"
"shaibu" basically "get the puck"

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
So the way I see it is that if Switzeralnd beats Russia today, and the US loses, the Czech Republic would finish first in the A pool and Russia and the US would finish second and third and then they would play eachother while the Czech Republic goes to the semis.

If Russia wins and the US loses, Russia would have to score at a minimum one less goal than the Czech Republic.

If Russia wins and the US wins, the tie for first in the pool is broken by the goal differential, so Russia would have to score at least as many goals as the US does today if the US wins.

If Russia loses and the US wins, the US wins the pool.

Last edited:

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
So the way I see it is that if the Czech Republic beats Russia today, and the US loses, the Czech Republic would finish first in the A pool and Russia and the US would finish second and third and then they would play eachother while the Czech Republic goes to the semis.

If Russia wins and the US loses, Russia would finish first in the pool and go to the semis while the US and Czech Republic play eachother in the quarterfinals.

If Russia wins and the US wins, the tie for first in the pool is broken by the goal differential, so Russia would have to score at least as many goals as the US does today if the US wins.

If Russia loses and the US wins, the US would have to score at least as many goals as the Czech Republic does in order to win the pool.

We beat the Chechz 4:1 already ! And we will beat the SWISS today ! :lol:

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
wilka91 said:

Not objective? Team Canada has won games by what most have been predicting so I don't see where Canadian fans have been not objective in predicting the score. I agree on the arrogant part though, when your team has scored 24 goals in three games and only given up 4, it's hard not to be.

5-4 Russia

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Riggs said:
Does anyone know what has to happen for the U.S and Russia to meet again?

I want to see Malkin play again.

Also, what does Shaibu and Vpered mean?

Thanks, Spasibo

I think as long as Russia and US are 1st and 3rd in the group, they will meet in the semis.. but I'm too lazy to figure out what needs to happen for either one of them to finish 3rd :P

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
shakes said:
Not objective? Team Canada has won games by what most have been predicting so I don't see where Canadian fans have been not objective in predicting the score. I agree on the arrogant part though, when your team has scored 24 goals in three games and only given up 4, it's hard not to be.

5-4 Russia

yeah playing against Germanny , Slovakia, poor Sweden and a very young U20 Finnland team ! Wow :joker:

NWT Habs Fan

Apr 25, 2003
Edmonton, AB
Visit site
This non-arrogant Canadian ;) predicts a 5-2 Russian win.

Russia just has too much skill and fire-power for the Swiss to contain. I don't think it will be a blow out because the Swiss just seem to be able to hang in with the good teams, like they did against the US and Czech Republic.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
CSKA said:
yeah plaing against Germanny , Slovakia, poor Sweden and a very young U20 Finnland team ! Wow :joker:

So? The point was that Canadian fans have been objective when predicting the scores so far which disputes the previous post stating otherwise.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
shakes said:

5-4 Russia

Canada has yet to face a country that has won a gold medal at the WJC since 1982(Russia, Czech Republic, Finland and USA).

We'll talk again later ...

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
shakes said:
So? The point was that Canadian fans have been objective when predicting the scores so far which disputes the previous post stating otherwise.

yeah you right ist hard to be NON-arrogant when your team scored 24 goals , but its like almost every year ( 5 years ).

Dude you have to wait until the semis or final ! There is no compatition in your group at all..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad