Dom Sportova (6400), Zagreb

Streams:
KHL.RU; OnHockey.TV; LiveTV.ru

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
It's gonna be a hugely interesting game-day.

All of a sudden, Spartak, Severstal and Loko can all jump into play-off spots with wins tonight. :amazed:

alce*

It's gonna be a hugely interesting game-day.

All of a sudden, Spartak, Severstal and Loko can all jump into play-off spots with wins tonight. :amazed:

"Sudden"?:shakehead What's so "sudden" in it? We've talked only recently that foreign teams aren't already win the playoff places, so why "sudden"? Battle for playoff will be until the end of regular season and any possible result will not be "sudden".

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
:D :D :D If 3 teams aren't in a play-off spot today, and generally haven't been this season, but are in play-off spots tomorrow, then that's a textbook example of "all of a sudden".

(Naturally, I don't wish for this to happen; my ideal scenario is that 6-2 ratio where only SKA and Dynamo Moscow would advance to the play-offs from among Russian teams in the West. Surely with Helsinki joining next season, that's going to be realistic. I can't wait!)

alce*

:D :D :D If 3 teams aren't in a play-off spot today, and generally haven't been this season, but are in play-off spots tomorrow, then that's a textbook example of "all of a sudden".

(Naturally, I don't wish for this to happen; my ideal scenario is that 6-2 ratio where only SKA and Dynamo Moscow would advance to the play-offs from among Russian teams in the West. Surely with Helsinki joining next season, that's going to be realistic. I can't wait!)

Playoff without Loko, CSKA and Spartak?:D Yes, it would be dream of CKA and DYNAMO.:laugh:
We are already having west playoff much more weak than east one, so why anyone could want to make it even less competitive?

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
It would be more competitive without Russian teams, in my opinion. 8 play-off teams from 7 different countries -- great stuff! :nod: A small European Ice Hockey Championships.

LOL at speaking in awe of Spartak of all teams -- that was a very strong, intimidating team last season, indeed. :laugh:

ult

Sep 21, 2009
It would be more competitive without Russian teams, in my opinion. 8 play-off teams from 7 different countries -- great stuff! :nod: A small European Ice Hockey Championships.

LOL at speaking in awe of Spartak of all teams -- that was a very strong, intimidating team last season, indeed. :laugh:

What a Russophobe... :shakehead

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Not at all... but I always rejoice whenever teams from so-called "big nations" lose: USA, Canada, Russia, doesn't matter. I always root for "small nation" teams: Swedes, Finns, Latvians, Czechs, Slovaks... You see, fans of those "small nation" teams as a rule aren't conceited or arrogant, and don't take anything for granted. The reverse could reasonably be claimed of "big nation" fans, as can be seen all around HFBoards forums. :nod:

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Not at all... but I always rejoice whenever teams from so-called "big nations" lose: USA, Canada, Russia, doesn't matter. I always root for "small nation" teams: Swedes, Finns, Latvians, Czechs, Slovaks... You see, fans of those "small nation" teams as a rule aren't conceited or arrogant, and don't take anything for granted. The reverse could reasonably be claimed of "big nation" fans, as can be seen all around HFBoards forums. :nod:

There are no national teams in KHL. It is just clubs and cities. I guess that understanding comes when you are from big nation, along with arrogance. I don't root for Russian teams when they play against non-Russian teams by default. If Riga wins against Kazan or Dynamo, I'll be happy, because lately those two have been successful enough. It's hockey, you like teams for their play style, players, atmosphere and things like that, not because they are opposing the evil Russkies...

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Definitely... but you're projecting feelings there that aren't mine. As a neutral observer, I am pleased whenever teams from "small nations" rather than "big nations" succeed. That's all. (I believe it's perfectly natural to feel that way for anyone coming from a nation of 5 million people.)

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Definitely... but you're projecting feelings there that aren't mine. As a neutral observer, I am pleased whenever teams from "small nations" rather than "big nations" succeed. That's all. (I believe it's perfectly natural to feel that way for anyone coming from a nation of 5 million people.)

Yes, I know. You're supporting teams based on their nationality. In this case every team that is not from Russia. Be it SKA, Lokomotiv or Vityaz - it doesn't matter to you, because they're all Russian, so you're hoping that they won't make playoff just because of that. Like I said - a Russophobe. :)

alce*

O, yes. Because Slovan and Lev were so good in playoff last year. Eight games and eight defeats. :laugh:

Spartak is Spartak. Sooner or later they will be competitive team, you can count on that. I sadly cant say so about Slovan or Lev. Or Medvescak.

SledgeHammer

Sep 30, 2013
Zagreb
Ult, why don't you talk when, as you call them, "evil Russkies" talk down on "non evil Russkies" from small, godforsaken lands that don't know that hockey actually exists?
Don't call them names (Russophobes) if you tolerate it from other side:naughty:

If I see foreigner dissing Croatia for no reason, I will poo-poo him.
If I see a Croat dissing others for no reason I'll poo-poo him too. Simple as that.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
O, yes. Because Slovan and Lev were so good in playoff last year. Eight games and eight defeats. :laugh:

Spartak is Spartak. Sooner or later they will be competitive team, you can count on that. I sadly cant say so about Slovan or Lev. Or Medvescak.

Yeah,after beeing relocated to Sochi,maybe.

SledgeHammer

Sep 30, 2013
Zagreb
Two newbies with small ice playing in Zagreb tonight. Admiral is doing very well, Medvescak not so good lately so it will be a tough game (probably not so pretty to watch).

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Ult, why don't you talk when, as you call them, "evil Russkies" talk down on "non evil Russkies" from small, godforsaken lands that don't know that hockey actually exists?
Don't call them names (Russophobes) if you tolerate it from other side:naughty:

If I see foreigner dissing Croatia for no reason, I will poo-poo him.
If I see a Croat dissing others for no reason I'll poo-poo him too. Simple as that.

Sorry, I didn't understand anything you just said. What was I supposed to do and when?

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
Ult he means there has been alot of dissing by nationality on this forum and he doesnt like it :) (note no mentioning which side) and on the game occasionally. like in dynamo game they took out pro serbian banners and flags and chanted some pro serbian stuff. (i know that wasnt the point in the posts but i got to finish the story, cant help it lol) But kinda due to the dynamo suporter ignorance a) it was pointless as the NA players dont give a ... or know nothing of the politics of the region, so they wouldnt understand it and wount phase them, b) most of the provocative chants had nothing to do with croatia anyhow, so even croatian players wouldnt care much, like the chant "Kosovo Serbia". Croats dont give a flying f... whats with Kosovo n Serbia and all the trouble there lol

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Ult he means there has been alot of dissing by nationality on this forum and he doesnt like it :) (note no mentioning which side) and on the game occasionally. like in dynamo game they took out pro serbian banners and flags and chanted some pro serbian stuff. (i know that wasnt the point in the posts but i got to finish the story, cant help it lol) But kinda due to the dynamo suporter ignorance a) it was pointless as the NA players dont give a ... or know nothing of the politics of the region, so they wouldnt understand it and wount phase them, b) most of the provocative chants had nothing to do with croatia anyhow, so even croatian players wouldnt care much, like the chant "Kosovo Serbia". Croats dont give a flying f... whats with Kosovo n Serbia and all the trouble there lol

I somehow doubt Moscow fans are more educated on the subject than the Medvescak players, it's just a part of their far right soccer culture along with Celtic crosses and "imperial" flags. That's a different problem altogether, I'd call it "weird legball sh** and other things that don't belong to hockey".

bobbeaver

Oct 7, 2013
obskyr i agree with u, Med supporters are different (as passionate still) than football fans from he same city n always were. Same intensity but still have fun and have respect for other teams n supporersand no negativity and violance. One of the reasons why i like hockey from a spectator perspective much more than football plus more action and at times violence lol usually if someone is down n no getting up there is a real reason n not that the oponent touched him with his pinky lol

Coramoor

Aug 8, 2011
looking good for Zagreb to get the 3 points, always important to win the inter conference points

Coramoor

Aug 8, 2011
inter conference?

zagreb-vladivostok is about 8000-9000km

yes, western conference vs eastern conference, it is essentially free points to win or lose because losing does not give people within your own conference points but winning does not keep points from people within your conference, therefore it is important to get as many points as possible from these games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad