GDT LA Kings vs the Nashville Predators

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
the pipeline defensively isn't empty, it is pouring onto the ice. We have 4 players 23 or younger playing on our blueline and are locked up at least 3 years together. I don't know what more you want here. This group would look a ton better and would like they are growing much faster with Rinne in net. The backend, aside from growing pains which are going to happen, is far from the problem, here.

If they're all here, what's remaining in the pipeline? Piskula?

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
the pipeline defensively isn't empty, it is pouring onto the ice. We have 4 players 23 or younger playing on our blueline and are locked up at least 3 years together. I don't know what more you want here. This group would look a ton better and would like they are growing much faster with Rinne in net. The backend, aside from growing pains which are going to happen, is far from the problem, here.

Our defensive depth is limited to what we've got at the NHL level, and that's it, which is not usual for this organization. The limited quality we do have in the system past that point is, on the whole, too inexperienced to be relied on to fill in for long-term injury or trade. We don't really have a defensive pipeline at the moment.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
If they're all here, what's remaining in the pipeline? Piskula?

There is enough in the pipeline to get by the next few years just fine. Some skill guys, a mammoth from this draft (Diaby?) a few guys that are heading down the sulzer path (COR) really doesn't matter when you have control lover your current top six for another 3 years minimum.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Our defensive pipeline doesn't flow ... it spurts and sputters. A lot of big d-men drafted in the first couple years of the franchise, didn't get anything through beyond Skrastins. 01 and 03 gave us some talent that hit around the lockout season with later drafts putting relatively sure NHLers back into the line ... Blum, Ellis, Josi. Now there is Diaby back at the far end of the pipe who may or may not transition to a serviceable pro defender, Aronson bouncing between the ECHL and AHL, and maybe Noonan coming out of BU. For all of the trade a d-man talk these boards feature, there's little backfill if we ship one out for a forward tomorrow. I'm not seeing a player in that now through the end of next season window that looks ready to come up if needed beyond maybe Piskula. Bietto if we need a more offensive minded blueliner? We used to have the ability to talk prospects on the blueline for years to come with a full flowing pipeline to the pros. That depth isn't there right now.

At least the forward pipeline is starting to look like there's a few drops we can use soon if needed with guys like Watson, Sissons, Beck, Salomaki. We've got Maz, Hellberg, the two Finns a few years behind them, and Darling playing like he wants a NHL contract coming down the pipe to the crease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad