Feb 18, 2008
www.habsworld.net
Guys, I've missed this kind of hockey!

index.php

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Is Ghetto going down, or Carr? I think Ghetto doesn't bring anything impressive at all... but I'll defer to what y'all think.

If it were up to me it would be a certain useless smurf... but...

I'd keep Carr. He's more aggressive and seems to have better hands. More in keeping with our "Pain In The Ass" themed roster.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
You weren't here but what you just said was said in the preseason last year, and we said it again after winning the first 9 games... with Subban.

Character, leadership were key issues that were addressed in the off season. Cliche/intangible/whatever, the gm saw it as an issue.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
We're so good it seriously feels too good to be true

This is an exciting game but this is a team full of ahlers and promising prospects with little to no NHL experience.

I have always said Lekhonen is ready for the NHL , I want to see him vs playoff contenders. However so far he has been our best rookie and will have every chance on that 2nd line.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
What's going to keep him off the top pairing is his Hockey IQ. It's a problem that he's faced for a while

lol he's still very young. Few players can be a top pairing Dman at such a young age, 23 years old is young for a D.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
No room for Ghetto with us. I would love to get something for him though...but starting to think he would clear waivers too.....

He might get the Tinordi treatment and be up here as a spare untill a trade can be worked out. Although we saw how that worked out with Tinordi

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'd keep Carr. He's more aggressive and seems to have better hands. More in keeping with our "Pain In The Ass" themed roster.
PITA... and clinical. Exactly what we should've been building toward to maximize Therrien's effectiveness.

You play with the cards you got, and since the JOKER behind the bench isn't going nowhere... might as well build a hand around him...

Gotta trade him i guess. Though its not guarantee McCarron starts the season im Montréal.
For his own sake, I hope big mac goes down and plays tons of minutes as a go-to guy. Then bring him up when Pleks is dumped during the girl's toy drive for the orphanage.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Is Ghetto going down, or Carr? I think Ghetto doesn't bring anything impressive at all... but I'll defer to what y'all think.

He created a lot with his speed on the forecheck. Let's see how he does when he plays during the regular season. Without injuries I see him starting out as the 13th forward. But, there are already injuries, so he may be in the lineup right away.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Lehkonen looks great, but let's temper the excitement. Very different playing against real teams during real games. I'll be thrilled if he gets 12-15 goals.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Matt Martin has the brain of a dog

That's giving Martin too much credit.

Ghetto's getting waived.

Patches - Chucky - Gally/Radulov
Lehkonen - Plek - Radulov/Gally
Carr - Desharnais - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - Byron/Flynn/Ghetto

with Flynn & Byron injured, though, I can see them keeping Ghetto around to fill in on the 4th line and then trying to trade him instead of waiving him and potentially losing him for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad