Post-Game Talk: GDT game 7 PREDATORS @ SHARKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
It's too bad it ended this way. We were a part of two awesome series but unfortunately ended up not showing up at all in the final game. Would have much preferred a game that more closely mirrored game 6 and ended up losing instead of this crap. Oh well.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Just wanted to say much respect for your team. All go, no quit and gave everything they had. Congrats on a fantastic season, y'all will be back.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Sigh, I don't really have much to say. Horrible season with a magnificent turnover and then a huge playoff-run. When the OT wins started to pile on, I too started thinking that this could be our year. We still have a young-ish core and our roster is nicely built. Is Kamenev ready for next year? Is there any #2-3 C's in UFA?

I'm super disappointed about the loss and quite frankly a little mad that a great run ended like this. All I wanted for is to give all they've got. I guess they just were worn out, damn you schedule. ¨

Behind this team whether we win or lose. #PredsTillIDie

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Easy?? Please- that is a ridiculous comment- STL and maybe even SJ are better than all 3 of those teams. It was never going to be easy

Okay, maybe I used a wrong word but what I meant was at least in the West (or in the East for that matter) there is no team who is "over the top" and heavily favored. Also, Blues and SHarks are considered as huge chokers in the poffs and they don't have playoff experience unlike Kings, Hawks. In the West the top 4 were all in the same line. And by looking at rosters purely, I don't think ours was any worse than the Blues' or the Sharks'.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Disappointed it ended like this. I'll get over it and be ok with it considering I didn't think we would get out of the first round. Just figured with some rest we would be good to go. Guess not.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
What a great run. In my 30+ years of being a hockey fan, that was one of the best and most fun seasons I've ever had.

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
So many emotions, hard not to go overboard either way....

Great postseason run. Wilson showed he could be the Weber of forwards/centers. I thought Rinne was nearing the end but he looks like he could be elite for a few more years, given a bit more rest. Fisher the same. Preds have a very good second line defense, now. Despite last night, Weber and Josi are beasts playing way so many minutes. The team will have Johanssen next year, and Neal loves playing with him.

But, maddening how Wilson disappears during the year. He is half the guy he is in the playoffs the Preds might have had some more home games in the playoffs and gotten to the finals. Rinne and Weber another year older, and you have to wonder how much more is left, especially Rinne.

I just can't fathom how they rolled over this last game. Hey, the Sharks had the same travel issues all year. As great as Weber is, how could he be so awful in this game?

Going to be a very interesting offseason.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I haven't gone through and read everything--I just can't yet.

Disappointing ending to the greatest season I have ever experienced with the Predators--and I've been here since the beginning (actually before--I knew the name before the general public since we were animating it).

A great beginning followed by the terrible months
Ryan Johansen
The All Star Game
Wonderful last second wins to secure a place in the playoffs
Round 1 win that could have gone either way to the final second
A marathon overtime that we freakin' WON
An ending that most thought we'd get with game 1 of the first round.

It's been entertaining, I haven't been bored, I didn't have any problem pressing that button to say "Yes. Charge me an arm and a leg for the next season/round. I'm in." To me, that's what it's all about. I don't go on vacations often; this is my year around entertainment that substitutes for a trip to the beach in August and a ski trip in January (not that I would attempt to ski! I'd break!)

I have been lucky enough to share games with those I love the most. They know who they are. I will miss my hockey buddy son next year (a lot) as he goes off to live his life in Japan but we enjoyed every playoff game together this year.

For any Sharks fans reading (and we know you are), good luck to your team. You were masterful opponents. Brent Burns and Patrick Marleau--shoot, I'd probably trade a guy or two for them and I love our team. Burns because he is such a great player and Marleau to keep him from scoring on us. He always does.

Go Preds!
There was no cake, after all...but maybe next year!

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I'm still very proud of this team.

Sad the final game was so brutal and dominating but still very proud.

Build off this years success and downfalls and get better.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Tough way to end a series, that's for certain. Congrats on a good run! Take what you can out of it, learn from it, adjust to what is needed in the off-season, and go for it once more next year, all you can do!

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Well thanks for having me, even though it was rather brief. Looking forward to making the road trip your way, some day.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I haven't gone through and read everything--I just can't yet.

Disappointing ending to the greatest season I have ever experienced with the Predators--and I've been here since the beginning (actually before--I knew the name before the general public since we were animating it).

A great beginning followed by the terrible months
Ryan Johansen
The All Star Game
Wonderful last second wins to secure a place in the playoffs
Round 1 win that could have gone either way to the final second
A marathon overtime that we freakin' WON
An ending that most thought we'd get with game 1 of the first round.

It's been entertaining, I haven't been bored, I didn't have any problem pressing that button to say "Yes. Charge me an arm and a leg for the next season/round. I'm in." To me, that's what it's all about. I don't go on vacations often; this is my year around entertainment that substitutes for a trip to the beach in August and a ski trip in January (not that I would attempt to ski! I'd break!)

I have been lucky enough to share games with those I love the most. They know who they are. I will miss my hockey buddy son next year (a lot) as he goes off to live his life in Japan but we enjoyed every playoff game together this year.

For any Sharks fans reading (and we know you are), good luck to your team. You were masterful opponents. Brent Burns and Patrick Marleau--shoot, I'd probably trade a guy or two for them and I love our team. Burns because he is such a great player and Marleau to keep him from scoring on us. He always does.

Go Preds!
There was no cake, after all...but maybe next year!

Thanks! Great series. Cheers to hockey!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Why on God's green earth is the thread from this putrid game still open?

Close this ****er and let's move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad