GDT: GDT: Game 17 Blues @ the quickly falling avalanche 2/20/13 9PM NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
A modest prediction for sure.

Anyone know why the game is at 9 tonight? Not like we're in California.

They are televising the Flyers and Pens game before ours. Normally it would probably be at 8, but since it's a national game, they bumped it back an hour.

Wiems35*

Won't be able to watch this one, but I'm expecting a sloppy 4-2 win with an empty netter.

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
I'm hoping for a win for the Blues tonight to send me off on vacation. Going to Orlando, Florida tomorrow. I'll prolly post my prediction from my smart phone but I think I'll miss the game Saturday but I'll be back next Thursday hopefully in time to catch the whole game. So Lets go Blues!!! :yo::yo::yo:

Brentaur

Jul 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Really kinda pissed. I have sweet tix for this one but something came up and I can't use them and have to stay in CB. 12th row in the corner the Blues shoot at twice.

That's about where I'll be tonight. Though with the snow coming down the way it is, it wouldn't surprise me if attendance is low. Either way, just looking forward to seeing a hard-nosed game and solid goaltending by Jaro.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Halak is the key to the season. It all starts tonight. It's time he steps up and becomes a true #1 from here out. And that includes staying healthy. If not, Jake is knocking at the door.

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
Looks like the Pit-Phi game is gonna run long on NBCSN. I expect we'll miss at least the first few minutes of play.

Edit: starting to look like we might miss a good portion of the first period.

Sushiko

Don’t touch my Bozak
Jul 7, 2011
PHX AZ
Worry a bit about a loss, figure they are tired and after tonight they can reset and comeback, hoping they aren't just going to try to "get through it" but will be able to play hard. But, I have not followed CO at all much - I just saw the game (or part) where they scored 6 times on the wall that is Pekka Rinne, but I realize CO hasn't been doing so great either so there's hope. Unfortunately I don't think I can stay up despite being in this time zone. Don't feel good, too tired. But, let's go Blues just the same!

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Looks like the Pit-Phi game is gonna run long on NBCSN. I expect we'll miss at least the first few minutes of play.

I was afraid of that happening, games this year are running a lot longer than 2.5 hrs. Last year even a shoot game only went about 5 mins extra, the Blues game against the Ducks was just under 3 hours. At first I thought it was just because the extended intermissions but they are going longer than the extra 0-6 mins of intermission a game (depending on the team/broadcast intermissions were 15-18 mins now they are all 18).

Hopefully they will switch over to the start of the Blues game. Face off is at 9:10.

superblues

:sarcasm: implied
Oct 29, 2011
I was afraid of that happening, games this year are running a lot longer than 2.5 hrs. Last year even a shoot game only went about 5 mins extra, the Blues game against the Ducks was just under 3 hours. At first I thought it was just because the extended intermissions but they are going longer than the extra 0-6 mins of intermission a game (depending on the team/broadcast intermissions were 15-18 mins now they are all 18).

Hopefully they will switch over to the start of the Blues game. Face off is at 9:10.

I vaguely recall the possibility that the game will be on NHL Network, but I could easily be mistaken.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010

Edit: starting to look like we might miss a good portion of the first period.

In the past the network has switched over early for the corresponding markets or bumped the game to NHL Network.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Studying for an Econ exam will likely keep me from seeing most of this game till probably the third. Hoping for a big bounce back win (and maybe my professor being iced in at home :naughty:)

Maxil

Feb 4, 2012
gamecenter hasn't even started streaming it yet, sometimes when a game runs over like this they'll pipe in just the camera. So a chance they are waiting to start.

Not likely but idk

edit: yeah they didn't wait. See on a ticker it says 0-0 first period

illninofan*

Anyone else watching this Flyers-Pens game?

Pens powerplay makes ours look so sloppy (despite the fact that we're #1).

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012

They had a 5-on-3 for a full two minutes and then more PP after that. They also have the Top 2 players in the world and they only scored one so well see.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri

Philli had 4 penalties called against them in about 3 mins of playing time. Just about any PP looks good when you are on it for that long. PKers get tired especially when there isnt any whistles.

Dammit now its tied which means OT and more of the Blues game we miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad