Olympics: GDT Finland VS Switzerland

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Hofmann not with a good tournament at all. He would need to be much better if we wanted to go on a medal run. Malgin alone can't drag this team to the next round...

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I don’t think we could. Finns have too much firepower up front. It will probably be close game but our powerplay is still terrible. I’m just happy we will get to play for medal at least

I always have a soft spot for Slovakia. In a sense Slovakia=Finland in hockey. We both have big-brothers Sweden and Czech. Were the underdog, that fight well.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Do not say that. There´s plenty of time left. It only takes one stupid penalty for Finland, Switzerland gets a goal and its all different game.

Agreed. It's not like Finland have impressed that much earlier or now. Even if I only care about the results at the end of the day.

To be honest, the most impressing team so far could be Slovakia. That comeback in a playoff game is really impressive and a moral booster. I hope the Flyers select Slafkovsky before Kemell and other finns without hesitating by now. Says it all really.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I always have a soft spot for Slovakia. In a sense Slovakia=Finland in hockey. We both have big-brothers Sweden and Czech. Were the underdog, that fight well.

I get your point but I see Slovaks and Czechs as much closer, like brothers. The cultural difference between Finland and Sweden feels bigger.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Me too, i loved to watch Bondra, Palffy, Demitra and Satan playing for Slovakia. Small country like we are but producing a lot of quality per capita. Obviously some more quiet years but things are turning with this new gen.

Reactions: Svedu

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Very impressed by team Switzerland, I felt they were in control of the game for most of the first. At the start I thought Finland was scrambling and just holding on.

The Swiss look like a well coached and organized group, they could be mistaken for a prime Jukka Jalonen team, actually.

Honestly, the Finns got two lucky bounces, otherwise the game would be tied. It feels like it's extremely rare to see team Finland have that kind of puck luck.

Reactions: Svedu

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
No chance to turn this match around without a lot of power play. Also, way too many defensive mistakes, even without considering the horrible gift for the third goal.
A bit harsh to pull Berra, not much to do on those goals

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Not that I'm complaining, but it feels like the refs are letting everything go today.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Swiss are playing well and the coach is active and has not given up by any means. Impressed.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Wow, great goal by the Swiss. This changes things for the third. It's a close one now. Genoni hasn't let one in either... Im getting uncomfortable at this point...

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
C'mon. Well deserved, Ambhul Corvi and Malgin are by far the best swiss players today. It would be good if the two guys that are supposed to know how to score goals could finally show up.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Aaltonen and Komarov line is good. I want to see Hartikainen dominate the corners and hold the puck for us so we can get some momentum. I feel we can use his strengths even more. The Swiss are playing good.

Reactions: karhukissa

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
Selänne completely ripped the swiss D apart comparing them to 10 year olds and amateurs :laugh: Gotta agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad