Olympics: GDT Finland VS Switzerland

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Let's go!
upload_2022-2-16_9-53-10.png

Ojamäki still scratched, Säteri starting.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Not too pretty game, but if they score like this its enough. Swiss try to do too much and too pretty it seems. Works better to throw to the goal and screen the goalie/go for rebounds. This isnt an all-star competition for prettiest goals.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Welp, looks like we play Finn’s in semis. My least preferred matchup
I didn't know they reseeded for the semis. Sucks for Slovakia. But at least you'll be able to say that there's no shame losing to the eventual gold winner

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Welp, looks like we play Finn’s in semis. My least preferred matchup

You have shown that you can beat any nation in this tournament. I´m actually scared of Slafkovsky right now. Again, congrats! Happy for you guys.

Reactions: Hasa92

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I didn't know they reseeded for the semis. Sucks for Slovakia. But at least you'll be able to say that there's no shame losing to the eventual gold winner

Slovakia has a really good team. They could actually upset if we go past Swiss. 45min still to go...

Reactions: Hasa92 and Svedu

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Slovakia has a really good team. They could actually upset if we go past Swiss. 45min still to go...
I don’t think we could. Finns have too much firepower up front. It will probably be close game but our powerplay is still terrible. I’m just happy we will get to play for medal at least

mosare

Dec 19, 2013
dirty goals agst the swiss, very bitter for them, not the first time in this tournament tho, they really have a bit bad luck.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Berra is clearly upset, good. Gotta love Björninens mustache.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Can you see a pattern here? Every game has looked exactly the same for Finland in the first period.

Agreed Switzerland may skate better but Finland is playing much smarter, brutally punishing individual Swiss mistakes in their zone.

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I think that this has been a very good game thus far from our team Finnish Lions! It seems that opposing team Swiss Cheese is not having a standing chance here.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Agreed Switzerland may skate better but Finland is playing much smarter, brutally punishing individual Swiss mistakes in their zone.
Indeed. Switzerland looks strong though, but finns don't play that coast to coast full throttle hockey so it might look a bit confusing at times.

They are controlling the middle and allow shots from the sides because goalie is good. They just gotta be ready with the loose pucks and clear those.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Everything can still happen. Hartikainen is a big boy isn't he!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad