Status
Not open for further replies.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
5-2 FIN

FIN: Nokellienn, Tukonen, Joensuu, Makonen and Pispanen
CZE: Frolik and Hluchy

I'd like to believe in miracles too :) This would be a pretty major upset, not as big as US-Belarus was but pretty amazing anyways.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Boucicaut said:
I'd like to believe in miracles too :) This would be a pretty major upset, not as big as US-Belarus was but pretty amazing anyways.

It could happen. Schwarz doesnt inspire confidence. Fins top line is as good as Czech's top line...the 2nd and 3rd lines will decide this game.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Knowing Finland they will have another brutally hard practice before the game seeing as it is an afternoon game and they will fatigue midway through the second period...seriously what is with the Finnish coaches and making their players do hard skating on game day?

Czech's win 5-2

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
London Knights said:
Knowing Finland they will have another brutally hard practice before the game seeing as it is an afternoon game and they will fatigue midway through the second period...seriously what is with the Finnish coaches and making their players do hard skating on game day?

I find this post kinda queer. It's not THAT usual. Sometimes during regular season, some teams have a physical period in training, when they build up stamina for the playoffs. I don't know any team, that has tough trainings on matchdays, if the match is a "loser goes home"-type of match.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
Does anyone know any way I could see how the game goes. Is there any broadcast on any netradio? I am on a night shift and can't see the TV coverage. The same occured diring the World cup final and I listened it from Swedish net radio (finnish radio did not broadcast it).

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
Diaboli said:
I find this post kinda queer. It's not THAT usual. Sometimes during regular season, some teams have a physical period in training, when they build up stamina for the playoffs. I don't know any team, that has tough trainings on matchdays, if the match is a "loser goes home"-type of match.

I wasn't being completely serious with my post, but that is the second time that Finland has had a really hard practice on game day against Team Canada, at least that I can recall. I don't know how often they do it, but to me, that has to be one of the worst coaching decisions to pull when facing an opponent like Canada.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
London Knights said:
I wasn't being completely serious with my post, but that is the second time that Finland has had a really hard practice on game day against Team Canada, at least that I can recall. I don't know how often they do it, but to me, that has to be one of the worst coaching decisions to pull when facing an opponent like Canada.

If Dufva thought, they had a serious shot at beating Canada, or playing a tie with them, then yes. It was a very odd decision.

On the other hand, if he didn't think they had a beyter than almost non-existent chance to do that, then I don't think it's such an odd decision. That's just me, and most of you will disagree. But hey, that's why were here. To tell others our opinions and to listen to others tell us theirs :innocent:

gib

Feb 3, 2004
Diaboli said:
If Dufva thought, they had a serious shot at beating Canada, or playing a tie with them, then yes. It was a very odd decision.

On the other hand, if he didn't think they had a beyter than almost non-existent chance to do that, then I don't think it's such an odd decision. That's just me, and most of you will disagree. But hey, that's why were here. To tell others our opinions and to listen to others tell us theirs :innocent:

What I know Dufva has reputation of being very demanding coach, even ruthless. He`s maybe not in Summanen`s class, but still. See here in Finland we have this maner of putting unemployed mad mans to coach hockey teams. Summanen, Dufva etc. and if their aren`t happy with the team`s play they put boys to skate around the ice like it would be the very last day on earth. Ok, that was a joke.

Seriously many finnish coachs have habit to put the team skate/train very hard, sometimes even before big game. I think they want to awake the team and "sensitize" players` legs before game by putting them to skate hard.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
A madman is what Finland needs on any level of the national teams...

All the lätkä teams and all the futis teams should have a Summanen or a Keenan.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
gib said:
What I know Dufva has reputation of being very demanding coach, even ruthless. He`s maybe not in Summanen`s class, but still. See here in Finland we have this maner of putting unemployed mad mans to coach hockey teams. Summanen, Dufva etc. and if their aren`t happy with the team`s play they put boys to skate around the ice like it would be the very last day on earth. Ok, that was a joke.

Seriously many finnish coachs have habit to put the team skate/train very hard, sometimes even before big game. I think they want to awake the team and "sensitize" players` legs before game by putting them to skate hard.

True. Nothing to argue here.

I'm Finnish. See place of residence: LPR (short for lappeenranta)

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
mattihp said:
A madman is what Finland needs on any level of the national teams...

All the lätkä teams and all the futis teams should have a Summanen or a Keenan.

Our soccer team already has a real madman; Muurinen :lol

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
12# Peter Bondra said:
Post your guesses, tips and anything related here.

The game is 10:30 p.m CET. This is the quarterfinal game.

Czech team is without doubt more talented than Finnish team but it´s always tough for us to beat them. We don´t like their skating ability and physical game.
It will be tight game but I believe Czechs win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad