Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
4-1 Czechs.

Czech-Olesz, Vrana, Kvapil, Frolik

Finland-Nokaleinan

Man, since this is the first game I didn't predict before the game Olesz getting 2, watch him score 2 now. LOL, he did against BLR and USA.

Bold Prediction, with this game, Olesz will pass or tie Bergeron for the lead in scoring at the WJC for the timebeing untill Canada plays again, that would give Olesz 10 or 11 points when he has 8 now.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
The Czech's should win this one. I'll say 5-2

Frolik, Vrana, Petruzalek, Olesz, Kaspar
Joenssu, Nokelainen

Cze's POTG = Olesz
Fin's POTG = Tukonen

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Who the hell is going to stop a puck in the Finnish net? Rask looks lost, Hallikainen perhaps the better play but still not wonderful. I cannot remember a tourney where so many goalies have not come close to playing up to expectations or the fact no goalie has come out of nowhere to go on a run.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Rask's poor stamina keeps contributing to his inconsistency. I've been following his schedule over the fall and gut feeling says he's back in shape now, ready to pain the Czechs as much as he did the Slovaks. That of course provided that he's starting, but I seem to be on the same wave length as the staff in this matter.

I predict that Olesz and Kašpar's line will match up against Nokelainen's first line often. The Finns have to be committed to a shutdown role to a good extent, which will hurt the offense. No point in crying over that, but that makes it even more essential that injured guys can play. Any word on Makkonen, Laakso or Korhonen? Five defensemen are too few.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Pekka Lampinen said:
Any word on Makkonen, Laakso or Korhonen? Five defensemen are too few.

Laakso's probably back. At least the doctor said he can play. With local anesthesia and same taping, though.

I think Korhonen is OK, too. I forgot to ask about Makkonen.

EDIT: Someone asked what happened to Laakso, and they say it's and "old" injury from the Josh Holden hit (thanks, Josh), that got worse in the game against Sweden.

Last edited:

gib

Feb 3, 2004
I predict 4-2 Czech
.....but it`s not totally impossible that Finland would win. Maybe strong physical play (lots of tacles) could be key to succeed. Duvfa but Tukonen, Korpikoski and Nokelainen to the same line! Then we would have at least one line which could score. Those guys don`t produce lot when separated, cause other finnish players aren`t skilled enough to play with these guys. So it`s like waste of talent when putting those guys separate.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
5-2 Czech, last one an empty-netter. This year the czech simply have more talent than we do.

Edit: Lets make it 5-4 Czech, if all our injured players are back on ice, especially Laakso and Makkonen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad