Game 6: June 17 @ EDM, 8 p.m. ET 4-0 Edmonton
Game 7: June 19 @ CAR, 8 p.m. ET

Game Info:
Where its at: RBC Center, Raleigh NC
When its at: 8 pm
Where to see it: NBC, RDS, CBC
Refs:

Season Series:
Carolina's Season Record: 52-22-8 (112 pts)
Edmonton's Season Record: 41-28-13 (95 pts)

Playoff Series: 3-3 Tied
June 5th - Edmonton 4 @ Carolina 5
June 7th - Edmonton 0 @ Carolina 5
June 10th - Carolina 1 @ Edmonton 2
June 12th - Carolina 2 @ Edmonton 1
June 14th Edmonton 4 @ Carolina 3 (OT)
June 17th Carolina 0 at Edmonton 4

Goaltenders -
Edmonton -
[IMAGE]http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/urheilu/nhl/suomalaiset/353549.jpg[/IMAGE]
Jussi Markkanen
Playoffs - 4 GP 2.19 GAA, .901Save % 1 SO
Regular Season - 37 GP, 3.13 GAA, .880 Save %
Ty Conklin
Playoffs - 1 GP, 10.00 GAA, .667 Save %
Regular Season - 18 GP, 2.80 GAA, .880 Save %

Carolina -
[IMAGE]http://www.covers.com/images/2005/180x180/ward_cam051006.jpg[/IMAGE]Cam Ward -
Playoffs - 22 GP 2.19 GAA, .918 Save %, 2 SO
Regular Season - 28 GP 3.68 GAA, .882 Save %

Martin Gerber -
Playoffs - 6 GP 3.53 GAA, .856 Save %, 1 SO
Regular Season - 60 GP 2.78 GAA, .906 Save %, 3 SO

Facts'n'stats -

Special Teams -
+ Edmonton's PP is at 17.5% (24 for 137), Hurricanes PP is at 24.2% (30 for 124).
+ Edmonton's PK is at 86.3% (132 for 153), Hurricanes PK is at 85.0% (113 for 133).
+ Edmonton's PK is #1 in the playoffs, the Hurricanes PP is also #1 in the playoffs.

Hits/Shorties/Face-offs -
+ Edmonton ranked first in the league with only five shorthanded goals allowed during the regular season, Carolina ranked third in the league with 17 shorthanded goals during the regular season.
Regular Season Hitters -
+ Craig Adams (151), Aaron Ward (133) and Mike Commodore (125) were the Hurricanes' leading hitters during the regular season.
+ Jason Smith (151), Ethan Moreau (121) and Raffi Torres (110) were the Oilers' leading hitters during the regular season.
Playoff Hitters -
+ Mike Commodore (41), Mark Recchi (37) and Aaron Ward (34) are the Hurricanes' leading hitters during the playoffs.
+ Jason Smith (41), Ethan Moreau (32) and Raffi Torres (26) are the Oilers' leading hitters during the playoffs.
Face-offs -
+ Rod Brind'Amour was the Hurricanes' top face-off man during the regular season -- 59.1%. Kevyn Adams is the Hurricanes' top face-off man during the playoffs -- 60.2%.
+ Jarret Stoll is the Oilers' top face-off man during the regular season -- 56.8%. Stoll is the Oilers' top face-off man during the playoffs -- 56.0%.

Shots and Giveaways
+ Staal leads the playoffs with 71 shots on goal.
+ Chris Pronger, Jason Smith and Steve Staios are third, fourth and fifth in blocked shots during the playoffs with 52, 50 and 42, respectively.
+ Jaroslav Spacek and Chris Pronger rank first and second in giveaways during the playoffs with 30 and 27, respectively.
+ Eric Staal and Cory Stillman are tied for first in takeaways during the playoffs with 23.

Key PP/PK Guys:
Power Play -
Carolina -
Rod Brind'Amour 3:57
Eric Staal 3:57
Cory Stillman 3:45
Bret Hedican 3:37
Justin Williams 3:23
Doug Weight 3:16

Edmonton -
Chris Pronger 5:53
Jaroslav Spacek 5:10
Ryan Smyth 4:59
Ales Hemsky 4:19
Sergei Samsonov 3:52
Jarret Stoll 3:09

Penalty Kill -
Carolina -
Aaron Ward 4:41
Rod Brind'Amour 4:38
Glen Wesley 4:08
Justin Williams 3:58
Kevyn Adams 2:54
Mike Commodore 2:43

Edmonton -
Chris Pronger 6:32
Jason Smith 6:13
Michael Peca 4:21
Jaroslav Spacek 4:03
Steve Staios 3:53
Shawn Horcoff 3:35

Injuries:
Edmonton - Goaltender Dwayne Roloson (knee) is expected to miss the remainder of the Stanley Cup Finals. Center Marc-Antoine Pouliot (mononucleosis) is sidelined indefinitely.
Carolina - Center Doug Weight (shoulder) is questionable for Game 7 Monday against Edmonton.

Points Leaders:
Edmonton -
Goals: Fernando Pisani - 13
Assists: Pronger - 16
PIM: Georges Laraque - 44

Carolina -
Goals: Brind'Amour - 12
Assists: Eric Staal - 18
PIM: Hedican - 40

LETS GO CANES! BEEP BEEP!

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Last two games: no Nostradumbass prediction, no wins.

Nostradumbass says: Canes 4-2 (EN)

my advice for the Canes tonight, PLAY YOUR ****ING GAME! Don't play the way Edmonton wants you to play, that's a surefire way to lose.

caniacgirl12

Jun 14, 2004
Rochester, NY
Yeah and like it even needs to be said, but I will go ahead and say it now - there are TWO other GDTs for Oilers fans to post in, one on the Oilers board and one on the SCF board. This one is for Hurricanes fans. Post in this one at your discretion and contribute to the discussion, but know that I'm tired of babysitting and am no longer giving anyone the benefit of the doubt.

CG12 is cracking the whip.

Les Ouragans

Nov 21, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
Visit site
Let's make sure we are the team skating hardest tonight, getting to loose pucks, blocking the most shots.

Oh, and scoring first would be nice.

We have some advantages, Edmonton has some. Not much more to say except GO Canes!

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
caniacgirl12 said:
CG12 is cracking the whip.

Kinky.

Anyway, good luck tonight guys. This is going to be an awesome game as now both teams are at the do or die stage. I think the Oil desperation is what helped them win game 6 and I think the Canes can match it especially with a loud RBC tonight. I expect a big game from Staal, hopefully he delivers for you guys. Like Gobolt said, for the last time: GO CANES! BEEP! BEEP!

WolfPack23

May 15, 2006
Im so ****ing nervous I can hardly type!

Theyre saying Doug Weight was skating this morning btw.

Win or lose, its been a wonderful year for the Carolina Hurricanes!

Go get em boys!

caniacgirl12

Jun 14, 2004
Rochester, NY
We know how loud it is when they even would flash Colesy's picture on the jumbotron, or the times he stuck his head out of the locker room.....the RBC is going to explode if he plays tonight.

Beakermania*

caniacgirl12 said:
We know how loud it is when they even would flash Colesy's picture on the jumbotron, or the times he stuck his head out of the locker room.....the RBC is going to explode if he plays tonight.

NO IFs ands or Buts, if he was healthy enough for game 6 HE WILL PLAY tonight.

Tonight is do or Die; No tomorrow; 5 months to heal any injuries after tonight, Leave it all on the ice. All the Cliches apply.

I hope BOTH teams come out flying and we get a classic Game 7. Go Canes, Go Oilers, Lets see some great hockey tonight.

I'd love to see a little OT Magic tonight. Would be pretty sweet.

Can't wait for puck drop.

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
WolfPack23 said:
Im so ****ing nervous I can hardly type!

Theyre saying Doug Weight was skating this morning btw.

Win or lose, its been a wonderful year for the Carolina Hurricanes!

Go get em boys!
I can't go to sleep last night :( I keep thinking about tonight's game.

Go Canes GO... one last drive. Do or die...

jeffbear

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Yep ... according to Chuck Kaiton, Weight took about 15 miutes of the morning skate with no apparent discomfort and will be in the lineup tonight. Cole is also in the lineup for tonight. All hands on deck, injured or not ... no excuses, just one game for the brass ring.

Get 'er done.

copperandblue

Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
jeffbear said:
Yep ... according to Chuck Kaiton, Weight took about 15 miutes of the morning skate with no apparent discomfort and will be in the lineup tonight. Cole is also in the lineup for tonight. All hands on deck, injured or not ... no excuses, just one game for the brass ring.

Get 'er done.

Just curious, but who would you guys expect to be coming out of the lineup if this is indeed the case?

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY
According to my gameday rain theory, the Hurricanes will win this evening. There's a 70 percent chance of precipitation due this evening in Edmonton, although there is a 30% chance of isolated T-storms due in Raleigh. As silly as it sounds, sometimes it's nice to spout out these superstitions that people have.

kingmoore

Jan 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Wow. So I just got back from Bonnaroo. I was out of complete communication with the world for several days besides one text message saying we lost. Oh, also Radiohead made a reference to the canes during their set (it was durring the game) but didn't give a score update!

We actually left directly from game 5 and drove 9 hours to TN. anyways, I get home and the TV is on cause the power went out, and I see Cole played, and played well. Wow that's awesome.

Can't wait for the game tonight. Someone is going to be hoisting the cup, and I'm gunna be there. Never thought I'd be able to see something like this. I just hope the Canes play their hearts out, and hopefully bring the cup to Raleigh.

Are you guys going to partay in the tent outside the RBC now that it's not flooded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad