GDT: DEC 27th Russia - Czech Republic 4PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwOOsh*

Foppa_Rules said:
Well now that you're the coach of Team Russia. :madfire:

REPORTER: The coaches do not have a problem with you not being able to hear their instructions?

OVECHKIN: No, everything is alright with them.

Because I commented on your Ovechkin (who if you know I'm a big fan of, as a Capitals fan). Ovechkin has shown his talent but you have to also see that he is giving up on plays early, not backchecking or forechecking (sp?) like I expected from the highlights I seen of him in the RSL.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
well, if the Czechs can beat the Americans, it will come down to who can beat Belarus and Switzerland by a bigger score, so we still have a shot at getting the first place in the group

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
dude,
i think he's a tremendous leader, seen him in the game vs. US ?

SwOOsh said:
Because I commented on your Ovechkin (who if you know I'm a big fan of, as a Capitals fan). Ovechkin has shown his talent but you have to also see that he is giving up on plays early, not backchecking or forechecking (sp?) like I expected from the highlights I seen of him in the RSL.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
I'm sure you could do better, Swoosh. I'm sure you could handle the pressure better. I'm sure you would work harder. I'm sure you would keep your head better. I'm sure you could lead better. You people expect him to conquer the world singlehandedly at 19 years old and hand it to you in an Easter basket. Get a life.

SwOOsh*

I'm not saying he isn't a good leader on the ice, but no matter how you spin it he shouldn't be by himself on the bench as captain.

SwOOsh*

Foppa_Rules said:
I'm sure you could do better, Swoosh. I'm sure you could handle the pressure better. I'm sure you would work harder. I'm sure you would keep your head better. I'm sure you could lead better. You people expect him to conquer the world singlehandedly at 19 years old and hand it to you in an Easter basket. Get a life.

Thank you.

SwOOsh*

You make it sound as if Ovechkin is the only player with pressure on him to perform ever. I'm not the one trying to become a professional hockey player who will have to deal with those things daily in the future. And as a 19 year old myself I know its a bad idea to do what he did as a captain.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Brock said:
I think its safe to say that Sergei Shirikov should be able to get drafted this year, if there is a draft.
I agree. Pretty nifty player. I'm not sure if the lame goal celebrations are helping his stock any, though.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
SwOOsh said:
I'm not saying he isn't a good leader on the ice, but no matter how you spin it he shouldn't be by himself on the bench as captain.

The game is played on the ice. I don't see how the team would be better with him in the room. If it makes him more focused than it's good for the whole team.

I don't care if he is'nt a big mouth, many of the great leaders (Messier Sakic Yzerman etc) did'nt talked much in the room. Nobody's perfect but his attitude is one of the best i've heard about and as a player he's absolutely amazing.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
SwOOsh said:
You make it sound as if Ovechkin is the only player with pressure on him to perform ever. I'm not the one trying to become a professional hockey player who will have to deal with those things daily in the future. And as a 19 year old myself I know its a bad idea to do what he did as a captain.

...you're only making things worse for yourself....

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
blah blah blah

Ovechkin is great. Period. So are Crosby, Bergeron and Malkin. PERIOD!

SwOOsh*

Beatnik said:
The game is played on the ice. I don't see how the team would be better with him in the room.

Because he is part of a team? Coaches discuss strategies, and try to rally the team during intermission and he should be there doing his part as captain. I know I would feel awkward if a player on my team did that during intermission when I play hockey.

SwOOsh*

wilka91 said:
blah blah blah

Ovechkin is great. Period. So are Crosby, Bergeron and Malkin. PERIOD!

He is great but he does have flaws like everybody else, and some just have homer glasses on and can't handle hearing anything bad about there boyfriend.

slimer

Jul 8, 2003
How did Schwartz look? The stats aren't that great, but I didn't know if they were deceiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce